Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to Fantasy Hockey - Would Appreciate Roster Advice!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: New to Fantasy Hockey - Would Appreciate Roster Advice!

Quote Originally Posted by RunningRob View Post
    Who would you drop for him though if you're suggesting to swap out JVR for Drouin?

I figure that but my concern is that Drai is stuck on the second line with Maroon and Puljuljarvi?
    I'm suggesting wait on the LW swap, and get the EJ/Hamilton swap done. I'm not sure who I would drop for Draisaitl in your case, as there doesn't seem to be an easy answer. Best option would be to try and pull off a 2 for 1 to open up a spot for Draisaitl.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Uh Draisaitl doesnt play with McDavid except on the powerplay.... Give me Radulov over him any day (as long as it's not a day in the past)
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

RunningRob

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm suggesting wait on the LW swap, and get the EJ/Hamilton swap done. I'm not sure who I would drop for Draisaitl in your case, as there doesn't seem to be an easy answer. Best option would be to try and pull off a 2 for 1 to open up a spot for Draisaitl.
    Who would you try to trade on my team? I want to take advantage of a fast start. There's one team in my league that has been trigger happy with picking guys off the wire and dropping more proven players. Should I target him for a 2 for 1?

The team that I'm referencing

C: Toews, Getzlaf, Galchenyuk, Monahan
    LW: Larkin, Panik, Kreider, Lucic
    RW: Tarasenko, Pastrnak
    D: Ristolainen, Keith, Vatanen, Subban
    G: Fleury, Luongo, Anderson, Quick

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Uh Draisaitl doesnt play with McDavid except on the powerplay.... Give me Radulov over him any day (as long as it's not a day in the past)
    Do you see room for him in my team?

Dobber Sports Sage

A spot will be there if you make a 2 for 1. I agree with Eskimo Brother that is your best option.

Im high on Schwartz for a LW but with the injury slowed him down a bit. Hoping a few more games and he will start to pick it up. Can sit on that
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

RunningRob

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    A spot will be there if you make a 2 for 1. I agree with Eskimo Brother that is your best option.

Im high on Schwartz for a LW but with the injury slowed him down a bit. Hoping a few more games and he will start to pick it up. Can sit on that
    Who (position or individual player) would you target in a 2 for 1?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RunningRob View Post
    Who (position or individual player) would you target in a 2 for 1?
    There's no way we can say for sure. You don't have glaring weaknesses, so ask around your league and see what kind of discussions you can get into with other managers. Don't leave stones unturned.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Here’s some sources I use to help me with fantasy hockey:

1. Hockeyreference.com. This is by far the most intense site for stats on players (past and present), and teams. It’s a bit of an overload if you are new, but it’ll show some things that may help you pick out a diamond in the rough before he starts getting hot. I like to just search on Google the player I’m interested in then hockey reference (Andersen Hockey Reference). This takes me to his page obviously.
    2. http://www.leftwinglock.com/ This is a site that shows lines used for a specific team including Even strength, PP, and PK. It’s very useful to confirm who is being used on what lines. They have some other features (starting goalies, forum, news) but I just used LWL for their lines as they are the most in depth at it.
    3. http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/ Daily Faceoff I use for checking todays starting goalies. It gets updated throughout the day and it shows unconfirmed (usually Goalie 1), probable (likely the first goalie off the ice in practice), and confirmed (when it’s finally confirmed he’s starting). This helps maximize your starting goalies and you don’t have to be mad when you see a goalie you own get a shutout on your bench.
    4. http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/ This is showing what lines are being used in a more simple way than LWL. I use this as a quick reference because it is accurate, but you’ll see the difference right away between Daily Faceoff and LWL
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

RunningRob

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Here’s some sources I use to help me with fantasy hockey:

1. Hockeyreference.com. This is by far the most intense site for stats on players (past and present), and teams. It’s a bit of an overload if you are new, but it’ll show some things that may help you pick out a diamond in the rough before he starts getting hot. I like to just search on Google the player I’m interested in then hockey reference (Andersen Hockey Reference). This takes me to his page obviously.
    2. http://www.leftwinglock.com/ This is a site that shows lines used for a specific team including Even strength, PP, and PK. It’s very useful to confirm who is being used on what lines. They have some other features (starting goalies, forum, news) but I just used LWL for their lines as they are the most in depth at it.
    3. http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/ Daily Faceoff I use for checking todays starting goalies. It gets updated throughout the day and it shows unconfirmed (usually Goalie 1), probable (likely the first goalie off the ice in practice), and confirmed (when it’s finally confirmed he’s starting). This helps maximize your starting goalies and you don’t have to be mad when you see a goalie you own get a shutout on your bench.
    4. http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/ This is showing what lines are being used in a more simple way than LWL. I use this as a quick reference because it is accurate, but you’ll see the difference right away between Daily Faceoff and LWL
    Awesome man! Thank you!

RunningRob

Anymore thoughts on who to add/drop re: Drouin, Draisaitl, etc...?