Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Big trade offer

Would you do this trade :

Nylander
    Mason
    Vs
    Larkin
    Luongo

I'm rebuilding my team and I have other goaltender in my system. Taking a chance on Mason doesn't bother me over Luongo, because he will retire before I get back in the competition. Does the difference will be big between Larkin and Nylander?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Fantasy Hockey Manager superfan!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Big trade offer

do it; Nylander is bound to put up well aboe average for years to come, I see right handed Nick Backstrom in him and he is alread producing at nice clip thus far.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like this trade. Nylander can be huge for you in the future... and Mason can be a diamond in the rough if he could stay healthy and once Philly D core gets older... could be a solid goalie!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Larkin and Lu for me... Larkin i believe will be better than Nylander now and in the future.
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Stud

Meh.

For the goalies, you can't even make the argument that Mason is young anymore. Since his calder season in Columbus he hasn't been more than average in his entire career.
    Luongo on the other hand has been mostly above average for his entire career, he's playing for a young, top team and I can see him getting more wins and better numbers than Mason for this year and probably a few more. At the very least he will be comparable to Mason.

For the skaters....I think it's a bit of a wash. Yes Nylander has tons of upside, but so does Larkin, you saw what he can do last year and I believe Detroit can be just as good as Toronto for players he's playing with.

What do I think of this deal? I think it's a bit of a wash and crapshoot. I would do it strictly because I'm a leaf fan and like what I see from Nylander.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

Dobber Sports Titan

I would make the deal. It's the best return you're getting for Luongo in a keeper, I'm not high on Larkin, and as long as it's William Nylander, then it's some solid production alongside Matthews for years.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by kooter109 View Post
    Meh.

For the goalies, you can't even make the argument that Mason is young anymore. Since his calder season in Columbus he hasn't been more than average in his entire career.
    Luongo on the other hand has been mostly above average for his entire career, he's playing for a young, top team and I can see him getting more wins and better numbers than Mason for this year and probably a few more. At the very least he will be comparable to Mason.

For the skaters....I think it's a bit of a wash. Yes Nylander has tons of upside, but so does Larkin, you saw what he can do last year and I believe Detroit can be just as good as Toronto for players he's playing with.

What do I think of this deal? I think it's a bit of a wash and crapshoot. I would do it strictly because I'm a leaf fan and like what I see from Nylander.
    I disagree with just about everything here. Mason is almost a decade younger than Luongo, and has been above average every season in Philadelphia. Luongo is 37; he's still playing at a high level but there just aren't that many seasons left for him in any scenario. With Reimer in Florida now too, you're probably going to see his workload decrease.

I would also put W Nylander's upside a bit higher than Larkin's. This seems like at worst the short term pain of going from today's Luongo to Mason, for the long-term gain of a younger goalie and higher-end prospect.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think you get Nylander now and you won't regret it

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think Larkin does and will do more things on the ice for his team than Nylander will. That doesn't translate into fantasy hockey advantage.

Nylander has pt/gm potential, I don't see Larkin creeping above 70 on a yearly basis. Nylander will.

With an improving D in Philly I think Mason just gets better next year and the year after. If you want to talk under rated goalies - he's the current poster boy.

I like Lu a lot, but being able to move him for a solid return, it's hard to pass up.. You'll lose out on a couple wins and perhaps a SO, maybe 2 this season by taking Mason, but Nylander will more than make up for it.

Nylander and Larkin are not offensive equals. He's the best player in the deal.

I take it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4