Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bernier back to L.A?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Bernier back to L.A?

From Elliotte Friedman..."They've looked at [Winnipeg's Ondrej] Pavelec, they've looked at Steve Mason, they've looked at Reto Berra, they've looked at Mike Condon," said Friedman, "and I think I wonder even if they would take a look at someone like Jonathan Bernier."

I could see the Kings not wanting anything to do with Pavs and his salary...Mason is tempting as he is an UFA but do the Flyers trust Neuvy...Berra and Condon and even Budaj are solid back-ups. I think that any pair of those three in a strict job share might be able to hold the fort down until Quick returns...I don't think anyone of them alone can carry full duties day in and day out for 3-4 months...heck Condon is still a Pen until Murray gets back...which leads to Bernier also an UFA...He's making $4.5 million...while the Ducks may not want to help out a divisional rival they do need the cap relief and it's not like they are sending them a top tier goalie in Bernier. Plus, they have Tokarski and Hackett only making $600k each in the minors so they can get a relatively inexpensive back-up to Gibson.

Hope it's not too obvious I picked up Bernier on speculation...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Bernier back to L.A?

Can't see Anaheim leaving themselves with just Gibson though....

Dobber Sports Initiate

they do have Hackett and Tokarski...not great but doable until Condon becomes available or they themselves can take a run at Berra or get Winn to eat some of Pavs's salary...LA could get them to eat Pavs salary too but would they really want him as a starter. He makes more sense to Ana as a back-up. Again, probably a long shot with Bernier back to LA but it makes sense on some levels.

Dobber Sports Ace

why would the ducks help the kings ?
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Initiate

i did point out that they would not want to help a division rival but they still have to sign Lindholm so they need some cap relief, plus, it's not like they are sending them Gibson, they're sending their high priced back-up...just speculating here.

Dobber Sports Sage

Anaheim brought in Bernier because Gibson hasnt proven that he can be a reliable starter yet. And Gibson gets injured quite a bit. So Bernier is their insurance policy against an event like what just happened to the Kings. I doubt they are going to move that asset to their greatest rival. It is in Anaheim's interest for the Kings to suck for as long as possible with Quick out. So I would say this is Freidman talking out of his arse, just speculating. I really dont think the Kings are going to make a big move here. I think they will hope that Budaj can do a half decent job, claim Condon off waivers when he comes available, or at the most trade a mid-round pick to get Berube back. Word is that the Jets are peddling Pavelec at the Kings like a Bangkok hooker sells coochy (me love you long time) but the Kings arent buying.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Anaheim brought in Bernier because Gibson hasnt proven that he can be a reliable starter yet. And Gibson gets injured quite a bit. So Bernier is their insurance policy against an event like what just happened to the Kings. I doubt they are going to move that asset to their greatest rival. It is in Anaheim's interest for the Kings to suck for as long as possible with Quick out. So I would say this is Freidman talking out of his arse, just speculating. I really dont think the Kings are going to make a big move here. I think they will hope that Budaj can do a half decent job, claim Condon off waivers when he comes available, or at the most trade a mid-round pick to get Berube back. Word is that the Jets are peddling Pavelec at the Kings like a Bangkok hooker sells coochy (me love you long time) but the Kings arent buying.
    I agree, mostly with this. Once the Kings get help it'll likely be from the East and certainly out of their division at the least.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Deity

If they are afraid of Pavelec and his salary, I dont see Bernier as an option. He makes more money than Pavelec.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

jack campbell not worthy of getting a few starts ?

The Great One

No dice... Gibson has hardly been stellar to start the season so I can't see the Ducks giving up on their insurance policy - especially to a rival
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I picked Bernier up anyway...guess I'll hold on to him as Gibby insurance. Thanks for the input all, it's appreciated!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't think the Ducks would give Bernier to LA...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

hmmm....i know they are playing back to back and have Nashville tomorrow but Bernier starting two in a row tonight...showcase? Wait, why would the Kings try to trade for him...they signed....Lindback....bwah-ha-ha.

Dobber Sports Initiate

annnnnnd.....he leaves with an UBI...it was nice to dream. Sigh.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    annnnnnd.....he leaves with an UBI...it was nice to dream. Sigh.
    Lol. Any update?