Thread: Yahoo Position Eligibilty (aka C Overload)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Yahoo Position Eligibilty (aka C Overload)

The #1 suggestion for Yahoo Fantasy Hockey is update position eligibility! It says "Gathering Feedback".....so if their response is anything like their response for the shit ton of complaints about the new app then these should be resolved in no time.

There are currently 392 comments on this thread:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/2...ility-requests

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Yahoo Position Eligibilty (aka C Overload)

The problem is that people will complain either way. How does Yahoo possibly win here?

1000 people crying: "More players should have dual position eligibility!!!!!!"

1000 people crying: "Too many players have dual position eligibility!!!!!!"

There is no solution.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I hope they don't knuckle under on this. Dual-eligibility should be the exception rather than the norm.

Frankly, I haven't found much to complain about with the new app, either. People who think Yahoo has problems should try doing a Togga league.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I hope they don't knuckle under on this. Dual-eligibility should be the exception rather than the norm.

Frankly, I haven't found much to complain about with the new app, either. People who think Yahoo has problems should try doing a Togga league.
    While I agree for the most part I just think there are wayyyyyyyyyyy too many centres. At least it seems that way

As for the app....were you using it in the summer for MLB?? They just up and changed it one day about a month before NFL preseason started....aka in the middle of MLB season. It was terrible. They have had at least 10 revisions/updates since

The Wolverine

I think I mentioned it in that thread but until they make it transparent, stop relying on their data provider to make the decisions without telling us why, have one known source, and have a strict, visible eligibility process (like they do for baseball), this system will always be flawed. Amongst others, I have been on their case for years to do this, and they keep ignoring it. They took a small step and got rid of loads of extra positions, which I'm happy with in general. However, without explaining why or how, it doesn't solve anything and there are still errors. Because they don't have a better system in place, forumname is correct. People will complain no matter what because there isn't any transparency. It's as simple as that. There is a solution, but Yahoo continues to ignore it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    While I agree for the most part I just think there are wayyyyyyyyyyy too many centres. At least it seems that way

As for the app....were you using it in the summer for MLB?? They just up and changed it one day about a month before NFL preseason started....aka in the middle of MLB season. It was terrible. They have had at least 10 revisions/updates since
    Let's look at a few realities:

1. Major sports leagues run year-round in the U.S. In any given week during the year, at least one is going to be active.
    2. The latter part of MLB season is the only period where only one of these leagues is active and they are going to potentially inconvenience the least number of users.
    3. NFL Fantasy Football is their bread-and-butter, hands down.

Given these three realities, one thing should become apparent - that specific part of the MLB season is going to bear the brunt of any significant updates, especially those that involve major paradigm and UI changes. They're going to want to roll out any major updates with time to spare in order to fix anything that goes awry (and clearly there will be) before the NFL season rolls around. That's just the way things are.

(So you see that it's no accident that I'm generally satisfied with the app performance, specifically because they did that, and I expect that they will continue with that strategy in the future.)

RETIRED

Administrator

One of the issues with too many C is their position assignments prior to the start of the season. Rookies and other inexperienced players tend to get C by default. On my team the two examples are Marner and Marchessault. Because of he default position assignment they have to come in after the fact and add a new position.

But going back to last year's SV% debacle during the last week of the season they're not really interested in drifting from where they've always been. It's enough to draw people in to use them as a league host.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust