Thread: Ehlers thoughts and possible trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ehlers thoughts and possible trade

What are everyone's thoughts on this kid this season? I picked him to have a breakout season and I see he's getting a wealth of pp time but doesn't seem to be shooting a ton.
    Is he officially bumped down the depth chart by the arrival of Laine? Are you guys still expecting much from him this season?
    I'm in a position to contend and could possibly move him to a building team....
    Looking at moving

Ehlers, J. Carlson, R .Strome and a draft bump for Burns and a forward, maybe Voracek if I give a high enough bump.

12 team keeper league, 12 keepers
    G/A/PPP/PIMS/SOG/HITS/W/GAA/SV%/SVS/SO's

Thx!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Ehlers thoughts and possible trade

I think 46-50 points is a possibility. And yes I think Laine has and will make him a bit of an after thought in Jet's town. If you can trade those 3 for that return, I'd do it quickly. Burns alone will outpoint them all.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't know if Burns alone will....Carlson should be good for 50 plus and if Ehlers gets 50 that covers him easily.
    Strome is also being given a ton of PP time this season and he's actually making some use of it right now wit a couple goals, I still have high hopes for the kid.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have ehlers on my team and from watching this kid on the jets he looks like the real deal. U can see the separation he makes after he hits his stride. Blows past people. IMO he's a keeper

Dobber Sports Padawan

I know that it's early in the season but It seems like Ehlers lost his place on the Scheifele line.

I understand that Laine is a superb prospect/player but I was hoping for a reunion of Scheifele-Ehlers-Wheeler.

They were on fire last season...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    I know that it's early in the season but It seems like Ehlers lost his place on the Scheifele line.

I understand that Laine is a superb prospect/player but I was hoping for a reunion of Scheifele-Ehlers-Wheeler.

They were on fire last season...
    That's not what I heard. Coach said it was a lot of responsability for a kid to ride the top line with Wheeler and Scheifele. So, he was going to switch between Laine and Ehlers all year ( or something like that) in order to not put too much pressure on their development.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ehlers started on that line, now with Perreault and Stafford. Could succeed there in a secondary role.

I'm an owner, but I plan to use him sparingly this year in my keep-15 roto league. I am in a similar boat as the OP, meaning I'm looking to win, but no way am I trading him unless I'm getting a ridiculous return.