Thread: Should i do this deal?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Should i do this deal?

I was offered Backstrom and Carlson for Seguin on non-keeper points league.

While i'd like to upgrade my D (see below) I'm not sure i want the stress of wondering if Backstrom is going to get back on top line, and there was a report that he didn't play on pp#1 last game though i have my doubts that would last.

the guy is very impatient owner, also has kuznetsov, Eichel, Barrie, Ristolanin.

I like watching Seguin way more, plus he is best player in deal, so inclined to say no unless i hear a compelling argument in favour.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Should i do this deal?

I'd probably hold,
    Sometimes it's just better to consolidate your points within one player. I'm not worried about Backstroms production this year - he'll get his 70+pts. You just gotta think Seguin has 90+ in him and he stays healthy for 80 games.

I'd be more worried about Seguin's health than Backstrom's point totals. With a start two, how much of a bump does Carlson give you over Vatanen? and conversely Vatanen over McDonagh (who I assume you drop to make this deal work) - Not sure that D shuffle makes up the point difference of giving up Seguin.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

no one gets dropped in this league, my D bench would just get bigger by one.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    no one gets dropped in this league, my D bench would just get bigger by one.
    I'd still keep Seguin
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I would hold as well. With an tiny team like this you don't want to be diluting it too much.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

the 10 extra points you get from Carlson on D v the drop off from Seguin to Backstrom, which I think will be around 10 points, makes this a side ways step IMO
    Experience is the teacher of all things.