Thread: Spot starting 1B type goalies in H2H - Howard, Hutchinson, Johnson, Hutton, Kuemper, Montoya? (rep)

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Spot starting 1B type goalies in H2H - Howard, Hutchinson, Johnson, Hutton, Kuemper, Montoya? (rep)

I'm looking for a goalie that might get me a start per week, and will hold good GAA and SV% numbers. I can't be starting a goalie that puts up bad percentages (hopefully Talbot gets on track, I currently own him). Who do you like best from the group above, and why?

I'm kinda leaning towards Hutton, given the team that plays in front of him. I'll be itching to grab Montoya the moment I get a sniff of any injury trouble from Price though.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Spot starting 1B type goalies in H2H - Howard, Hutchinson, Johnson, Hutton, Kuemper, Montoya? (rep)

It's always a risky play but if you just have Talbot and Reimer I would say you need another one anyway.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: Spot starting 1B type goalies in H2H - Howard, Hutchinson, Johnson, Hutton, Kuemper, Montoya? (rep)

Unless they're an elite Goaltender no goalie is going to guarantee you good GAA and SV% each week; none of the goalies you listed will guarantee a good GAA and SV% each week. If I had to choose one of these I would choose Hutton just because of the team that plays in front of him, but he might not play every week.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hutton, Johnson, Montoya, in that order.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    It's always a risky play but if you just have Talbot and Reimer I would say you need another one anyway.
    Yeah I know I'm on thin ice right now. Biding my time until someone gets impatient and cuts a better goalie, or someone emerges from left field. I'm ahead this week and my offense easily carries me, and Murray will return eventually, so I'm not in a panic. Who did you suggest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AllNoAll View Post
    Unless they're an elite Goaltender no goalie is going to guarantee you good GAA and SV% each week; none of the goalies you listed will guarantee a good GAA and SV% each week. If I had to choose one of these I would choose Hutton just because of the team that plays in front of him, but he might not play every week.
    Right, I know none of them are a guarantee, it's just a primary consideration in my H2H format, above and beyond just getting on the ice. We don't count saves or anything so stating a guy just to get a start actually hurts more than it helps. Just looking for a freebie stopgap so I can bide my time until something better falls into my lap.