Thread: Halak or Lehtonen?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Halak or Lehtonen?

Currently rostering Elliott and Talbot (results have been mixed) and looking to carry a third goalie in a 12 team weekly H2H with W L GAA SV% SO. Lehtonen and Halak look to be the best pick-ups available (Greiss and Neimi are also unowned). Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Halak or Lehtonen?

Halak because he's the actual starter.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Halak because he's the actual starter.
    This, exactly!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd take Lehtonen, as I don't think it's as easy as saying Halak because "He's the actual starter".
    The Dallas Stars are clearly the better team this year, and let's be real, though Lehtonen *might* not get as many starts as Halak, his upside this year far exceeds what I think any tender will be able to do in front of the Isles, who are kinda looking to be a hot mess.

You have two other very decent starters in Elliott & Talbot, and I'd be looking to add the goaltender that plays in front of a potential Stanley Cup team.
    12 Team Keep 7 H2H
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, SOG, W,L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Stamkos, Thornton, T. Johnson, Monahan, Hanzal
    RW: Seguin, Voracek, Neal, Little, Abdelkader
    LW: Benn, Lucic, Huberdeau, E. Staal, JVR
    D: Burns, Faulk, Carlson, Phaneuf, Dumba
    G: Bishop, Quick, Anderson

Dobber Sports Master

I'd take halak ; he's played rather well so far for the isles and we all saw his performance in the Wcup.

ironically , I'm utilizing a halak-lehtonen-niemi tandem in one of my dynasty leagues

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier LaFlamme View Post
    I'd take Lehtonen, as I don't think it's as easy as saying Halak because "He's the actual starter".
    The Dallas Stars are clearly the better team this year, and let's be real, though Lehtonen *might* not get as many starts as Halak, his upside this year far exceeds what I think any tender will be able to do in front of the Isles, who are kinda looking to be a hot mess.

You have two other very decent starters in Elliott & Talbot, and I'd be looking to add the goaltender that plays in front of a potential Stanley Cup team.
    Halak being the starter gives him a solid edge in W and likely SO. Halak and Lehtonen are similar enough in GAA and SV%, that I don't see it being a deciding factor. I just feel like there is much more upside with Halak. Especially after how good he looked in the World Cup.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)