Thread: Malkin for Mackinnon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Malkin for Mackinnon

Team and league in sig.

Guy offered Mack for Malkin. Is it a good time to part ways? I feel like this could be the time to grab Mack and probably getting closer to the time to ditch Malkin for a top player.
    The guy also has Forsberg and Johansen who Im interested in.
    Thoughts?
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    Keep 15
    12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 6 Bench
    G A P PPP SOG PIM W SV% GAA

F: Crosby, Malkin, Wheeler, Scheifele, Couturier, Toews, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Gusev, Meier, Patrick, Lindblom, Johnsson
    D: DeAngelo, Theodore, Sergachev, Gustafsson
    G: Rask, Jones, Delia

Prospects: Kyrou, Kravstov, Hoglander, Gunler, M Bourque, Fagemo, Puistola, Mysak, Addison, Timmins, Marchenko, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Malkin for Mackinnon

I'd do that. For any of the three. But I'm avoiding Malkin in fantasy hockey, so you might get a better advice from someone who didn't give up on him yet.
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you should be able to get a little more, but I'm also on the wagon that is saying you're better off trading Malkin.
    It's nice to get the risk off your team. However you don't want to be trading him too easily.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't see how Malkins value will ever be on uprise again.. Pretty much what you value him now is the most he'll ever be valued in keeper leagues. I say this because he's getting up there in age and his injury history is long.

MacKinnon- if this is a pending offer smack accept as quickly as possible and run. Im a huge Mac fan but I think this is the last chance anyone has of acquiring MacKinnon at a decent price.

Forsberg- Same thing as above. If I had to choose between the two and there have been many posts on Forsberg vs Mac, give me MacKinnon..(World Cup combined with how he's looked in his fist 3 games makes me have hope that he can be a Ppg player like Malkin

Johansen- Id want a little + if I'm dealing my Malkin for his Johansen but I could see how age and situation makes him favourable in a keeper league. On second thought I'd do the deal 1for1 but he'd be my 3rd choice between the 3 mentioned (c eligibility hurts his value a little)

Dobber Sports Novice

Ya I would do it , but like others said maybe see if you can get a extra piece from it.

Mack has looked amazing so far this year. This is the best I have ever seen him play and I would buy while his value is still relatively low for what he is capable of.

I just traded Malkin+ in a deal to acquire Benn. Malkin is a great talent still and when he plays he will produce, but his injury risks and 31 already I would just move him while you can still get something great.