Thread: Brayden Point

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Brayden Point

How is he playing? What is his upside? I'm in a 20 team deep H2H multicat league, and most likely will competing for the title. I have an opening because of injuries. Is Point worth my no1 waiverpick? Others on the waivers: Auvitu, Lehkonen, Forsling.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Brayden Point

He's playing great and has the trust of Cooper. He's on the 3rd line with Flip and Nemes but on the 2nd (if you can call it that) PP with Kucherov, Drouin, Hedman and someone else I'm forgetting now.

If he continues to play hard and improve, like he has in the first 3 games, I can see him sticking around even after Callahan comes back.

But for this year, I prefer Lehkonen by a bit as he's already playing top 6 with Radulov and Plekanec. No PP time, though. I don't think either Dman will be much productive this year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This kid is small but plays big.. I like his game and his future looks really bright!!

It's tough to say yes use your #1 waiver wire pick on him when we don't know who is all available..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Although i'm competing this year, i'm not afraid to pick up the player with better future/potential.

Zorro, this is a very deep league based on the ESPN, (20 team rostering 30 players). Usually there isn't a lot of talent is on the waiver wire, but if you use your no1 pick wisely, you can snag top talent. Two years ago i'm picked up Klingberg (thanks to this site!!!), when they (ESPN) put him in the system. Last year same with Hellebuyck. There is potentially other big talent (maybe Gillies, Sorokin, Shesterkin), but you have to wait, because they aren't in the system right now.

Damn, with Schwartz returning tonight, i have to drop somebody to get Brayden Point. Who would you drop? (team in sig) Or just stand pat?
    Team:

--------------------20 team, weekly H2H, multicat--------------------
    C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Bergeron, Toews, W.Karlsson, Lundell (start 4)
    LW: Guentzel, Giroux, Landeskog, Ehlers, Benn (4)
    RW: Kucherov, Tarasenko, Rantanen, Teravainen, Palmieri (4)
    D: Klingberg, Rielly, Hamilton, Trouba, Sergachev, Gudas, McNabb, Hakanpaa (6)
    G: Lehner, Fleury, Petersen, Swayman (2)
    Prospects: Turcotte, J.Quinn, L.Hughes

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Get Point on your team and drop Beauchemin.. Unless there is another gem available on the wire!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

So how do we feel about this guy? Replacement for TyJo? more than 50pt upside in the NHL? Great junior stats. Watched him a little in Junior and he looked decent. He turned in a great second half. We talking a 0.7 pt per game player or less?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

High high hockey IQ.

I say more than 50 points upside.

I say 65-70 point upside.

The Great One

He'll be helped by talented players around him, but also hurt by them limiting his PP access at least somewhat and by perhaps at times pushing him down to the 3rd line. But I agree that he seemingly has the drive and the trust of the coaching staff, which makes him enticing and gives him a chance to be very solid, if not sooner then later.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

I am a big fan of this kid, and so are the Lightning.

He's going to be a solid 2C for years on that team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agreed! C2 for sure in the VERY near future. Man that team and offense... it's sick!

Dobber Sports Wizard

He got 40 points in 68 games in his rookie year. He was very productive down the stretch playing with Kucherov and Palat (24 points in last 31 games). I expect at least 50 points next year with 60 being a realistic possibility. He's got 70 points in him career wise.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Master

Cool. I think I can get him in my draft this summer. I have the 11th overall pick, which should get me a JT Miller, Brayden Point, Jonathan Marchesseault or Charlie Coyle. In a points-only, it sounds like it's a toss-up between all of them.. Even adding Travis Konecny. It's kind of like rolling the dice. They probably all end up within 5 points of each other, rather regularly.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

I think it'll really depend on what happens with TyJo. We're assuming yzerman will let him go, but he's worked magic before and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it again. I used point down the stretch and he was great, but I don't see that rate of production if stamkos and TyJo are both in the lineup.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart