Thread: Love Hockey and Playing Cards?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Love Hockey and Playing Cards?

Check out this new card game that is currently on Kickstarter. It's a pegging card game (like cribbage) that tries to replicate a hockey game. It looks pretty neat.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-card-game
    l

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Love Hockey and Playing Cards?

Awesome!!! I'm not 100% familiar with all of the rules of Cribbage, but this game looks pretty easy to pick up and play. However, I'm not so sure he should have made a video with all of that information without officially launching the game. Any big name company can just come in and take the idea and make it their own (I doubt he has a patent on every component of the game: how it's played, name of the cards, style of the board, ... maybe he has the name but anyone can just switch that up and make their own). Hope that they get to go ahead with their idea!

Thanks for sharing Chuck!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Icon

I decided to back this game on Kickstarter as it looks pretty fun. I will let everyone know how it is once I get a chance to play it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Did you get the travel or the board edition?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Did you get the travel or the board edition?
    I kickstarted for both editions. I had the opportunity to meet the game's inventor for a beer and wings this evening. He brought a demo version of the game along. We played two games. I won the first game 7-5 and the 2nd game 3-2. It was a lot of fun.

It looks like his kickstarter campaign is going to fail as he needs another $1700 in backings in the next 9 hours as its only raised $2100 so far. With that said, he is in the process of ordering about 100 decks of cards and boards and travel cases to get the game out there. He has found a way to cut his costs so the board version of the game is going to be cheaper for the original edition than what was on Kickstarter. If anyone is interested in it, let me know and I will make sure you can buy one when he has them for sale. He expects that he is about 1 month away from having the original edition to play.

If you have any questions about the game, I have played it first hand and have a record of 2 wins and 0 losses against the game's inventor.