Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Letang - soooo surprised

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Letang - soooo surprised

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    How bad did it look?
    It looked bad initially, he got spun around awkwardly and did not pit any weight on his leg when he went off. He did come back and try to keep playing, but he took a 17 second shift and left the game for good. Knowing Letang, he'll still be out 2 months.

So glad I traded him last year, just not reliable.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yep, I just traded for him. Last time I have anything to do with Mr. Glass.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Immortal

I drafted him in a yearly league with small benches....only place I'd touch him because I know I can find a decent replacement....but this is getting ridiculous.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Anybody have any word on the extent of his injury? Timelines? Anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody have any word on the extent of his injury? Timelines? Anything?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Initiate

From ESPN:

The status of Letang (leg), who walked out of the locker room with a slight limp Saturday, will likely be revealed following Monday's morning skate, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Spin: Despite Letang's ability to walk without crutches, there was concern for the defenseman after the game. "He's a hard guy to replace," coach Mike Sullivan said. "He's our top defenseman. We've done it before. He's been out before. We've got capable people. It won't be any one guy. It will be by committee. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We'll see how he is."
    I don't really like how Sullivan is talking here, I'm preparing for another trip to the IR for him.

- - - Updated - - -

From ESPN:

The status of Letang (leg), who walked out of the locker room with a slight limp Saturday, will likely be revealed following Monday's morning skate, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Spin: Despite Letang's ability to walk without crutches, there was concern for the defenseman after the game. "He's a hard guy to replace," coach Mike Sullivan said. "He's our top defenseman. We've done it before. He's been out before. We've got capable people. It won't be any one guy. It will be by committee. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We'll see how he is."
    I don't really like how Sullivan is talking here, I'm preparing for another trip to the IR for him.
    10 Team H2H ESPN Keeper - G, A, PIM, FOW, ATOI, SOG, HIT, BLK, DEF, STP, W, SO, SV, GAA, SV%
    ================================================== ===========================
    Forwards: McDavid, Matthews, Ovechkin, Couture, Toews, Henrique, Perry, Perron, Maroon, Galchenyuk, Neal, R. Smith, Parise, Stastny, Konecny, Patrick
    Defence: Ristolainen, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Fowler, Ekholm, Schultz
    Goalies: Fleury, Lundqvist, Smith
    IR: Crawford

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Placed on IR this morning

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
    Placed on IR this morning
    Can't believe I traded Hedman AND Okposo for him in my 1-year early on and I was laughing... emphasis on WAS
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ace

Good news. I guess.

@Left_Wing_Lock: Kris Letang: Is on the ice for the morning skate. https://t.co/VMyqNEY6nI #nhl #Pens

m.twitter.com/Left_Wing_Lock

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Good news. I guess.
    as long as he doesn't pull his shoulder out of joint taking his skates off....

I'm hoping he can get these nagging injuries behind him and give all owners a solid stretch run. I could use the .8 pt/gm letang back
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Any update on Tanger for tomorrow's game?

I'm assuming he's in, but want some confirmation before I lock him into my lineup for the week... never know with that guy

- - - Updated - - -

Any update on Tanger for tomorrow's game?

I'm assuming he's in, but want some confirmation before I lock him into my lineup for the week... never know with that guy

Dobber Sports Ninja

He's a game-time decision for tomorrow. You'd think 2 weeks off plus the all star break would get him back to health...

Kris Letang D | PIT
    Penguins' Kris Letang: Game-time call Tuesday
    by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
    (9 mins ago) Letang (knee) will be a game-time decision for Tuesday's contest against the Predators.
    Letang missed six straight games prior to the All-Star break due to the issue, but the offensive-minded blueliner's return appears just around the corner. Should he return to the ice Tuesday, it's grounds for immediately returning him to lineups and it may even be worth the risk in season-long formats that lock Monday with a good chance he at least plays Friday and Saturday if he can't go Tuesday. Letang should return to the power play upon his return to the lineup and remains a premier option at the position.

- - - Updated - - -

He's a game-time decision for tomorrow. You'd think 2 weeks off plus the all star break would get him back to health...

Kris Letang D | PIT
    Penguins' Kris Letang: Game-time call Tuesday
    by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
    (9 mins ago) Letang (knee) will be a game-time decision for Tuesday's contest against the Predators.
    Letang missed six straight games prior to the All-Star break due to the issue, but the offensive-minded blueliner's return appears just around the corner. Should he return to the ice Tuesday, it's grounds for immediately returning him to lineups and it may even be worth the risk in season-long formats that lock Monday with a good chance he at least plays Friday and Saturday if he can't go Tuesday. Letang should return to the power play upon his return to the lineup and remains a premier option at the position.

Dobber Sports Ace

Take this for what it's worth.

@Left_Wing_Lock: Kris Letang: Is on the ice for the morning skate. https://t.co/VMyqNEY6nI #nhl #Pens

m.twitter.com/Left_Wing_Lock

Dobber Sports Ninja

Still a game-time decision.

My lineups lock 15 minutes before puckdrop of first game of the week (7pm EST)... think his status will be known by then?

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 12m12 minutes ago

Coach Sullivan on Kris Letang: ?We?ll have to see how he?s feeling after the morning skate. He will be a game-time decision."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Still a game-time decision.

My lineups lock 15 minutes before puckdrop of first game of the week (7pm EST)... think his status will be known by then?

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 12m12 minutes ago

Coach Sullivan on Kris Letang: ?We?ll have to see how he?s feeling after the morning skate. He will be a game-time decision."
    I feel like he won't play. If he has to be game time after this layoff then just wait til next game. That being said I hope he does.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I feel like he won't play. If he has to be game time after this layoff then just wait til next game. That being said I hope he does.
    Weekly lineups. I'm just gonna bench him in favor of Klingberg if I don't get solid confirmation before puck drop.