Thread: Lundqvist vs Vasilevsky next 3 years

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Lundqvist vs Vasilevsky next 3 years

Who will be more valuable over the next 3 years plus this year? I plan on being competitive for the entire window. Assume standard cats
    10 Team Keeper League (Yahoo)
    Keep any 4 PLUS any players < 4 years experience (draft cost based on next year's Yahoo O-rank)
    Scoring: G(3), A(2), +/-(1), PPG(1), PPP(1), GWG(2). PIMs, HITs, BLKs, SOGs (0.25 each)
    Goalies: Wins (4), GA (-2), Save (0.25), SHO (5)

2C: Tavares, Giroux (RW)
    2LW: D. Sedin, Ovechkin (RW)
    2RW: Tarasenko, Okposo
    2Util: O'Reilly (C/LW/RW) (C), Lucic (LW)
    4D: Weber, Carlson, Faulk, Suter
    2G: Lundqvist, Dubnyk
    Bench: Lehtonen (G), Gostisbehere (D), Hellebuyck, (G)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Lundqvist vs Vasilevsky next 3 years

Good question, If you have the option to take a flier on mediocre 1B or 1A goalie such as Neuvirth or Bernier I would go with Vasilevskiy. I believe he will own the job sometime after the Christmas Holidays . I have Vas in a league where I will be competing in this year and would not trade him for Lundqvuist
    18 team Dynasty Head 2 Head - 25 man Roster - (Keep as many as you want)
    G A P PPA PPG HITS GWG SOG
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rambOwned View Post
    Who will be more valuable over the next 3 years plus this year? I plan on being competitive for the entire window. Assume standard cats
    This year Lundqvist. Every year after that, Vasi.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    This year Lundqvist. Every year after that, Vasi.
    Probably not far off, but until Vas shows himself for a full year, I'm going with Hank.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Probably not far off, but until Vas shows himself for a full year, I'm going with Hank.
    Lundy is without a doubt the safer option, I agree. Based on his sig I assume that he is looking at the possibility of trading Lundy for Vasi. With Dubnyk and Helly also in the fold, my thought process was that I would be comfortable making that trade now because I don't think anyone in a keeper league would accept that trade once Vasi has full control of the TB crease next year. I just see sooooo much more long term value (both production wise and trade value wise) in having the Vasi side of such a trade.

However, what I didn't notice is that he can only keep Vasi for a couple of years before he would have to be one of his 4 keepers. In this format I'd stick with Lundy. If he could keep Vasi forever then I would go Vasi side and never look back.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd be pretty comfortable wagering Lundqvist takes at least 2 of the next 3 seasons. He's basically a freak.

Vas should be in a primo spot by next season but he still needs to prove it.

All that said, with my goaltending situation, I'd for sure trade Hank for Vas just for the value Vas will hold on the market and his long-term potential.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hard to believe this was even a question just one year ago after the starts these two have had.

Vasi has a .935 or higher save% in 10 of his last 12 appearances. 7 of those were .964 or higher. 1 loss over than period and only 2 on the season. Pretty impressive.

Lundy, well...