Thread: My league is opening 4 roster spots for NA only rookies. Need help Rep!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default My league is opening 4 roster spots for NA only rookies. Need help Rep!

My league is opening up 4 NA rookie spots next week. Don't have much knowledge of rookies since we've never had spots to develop them. So basically all rookies who have been drafted but haven't made their respective teams are available for pick up in my league. I already have Dubois. Would appreciate a list of the top prospects in the league. Asap. Will be doing research as of now. But time is of the essence because I'm sure everyone is doing the same now. This was just announced to us today.
    14 team Yahoo Keeper League 8 keepers 4 rookies.

G, A, PIMs, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PPP, FoW GAA,Sv%,SO,Wins

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1 Utility 2G 1 IR 2 IR+ 4 NA 13 bench

C: McDavid Crosby, Beniers, Kotkatniemi, W. Johnson
    LW: Draisitl Svechnikov, Patioretty, Mikheyev, Mangiapane, Tolvanen, Benson
    RW: Rantanen Thompson, Wahlstrom, Anderson, Marchenko, Evangalista
    D: Heiskanen, Drysdale, Ghostisbehere, Zadorov, Savard, Fowler
    G: Sorokin, Varlomov, UPK, Comrie
    NA: B. Clarke, Stankoven
    Rookie:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: My league is opening 4 roster spots for NA only rookies. Need help Rep!

Dubois
    Keller
    Boeser
    Meier
    White
    Jost
    A.Nylander

Those are the top guys, hopefully I didn't forget anyone. After that it's a larger group including players like Dickinson, Goldobin, Sprong, Ho-Sang, Svechnikov, Dal Colle, L.Brown, Scherbak... EDIT: I just realized some of these guys have played in the NHL already, so I guess they are not even available. Really difficult to put together a list like this.

I hope you have checked Dobber's Top-200 list, it's a good place to start putting together a list for something like this. http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...ards-oct-2016/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: My league is opening 4 roster spots for NA only rookies. Need help Rep!

I forgot to include D-men and goalies... Your NA rule limits a lot of goalies off the list, so I would target Demko because he's by far the best goalie prospect outside of Russia. I would actually take him right behind Dubois.

The list of D-men isn't all that impressive. Bowey, Sanheim, Bean, Honka, McAvoy, Juolevi, DeAngelo, Montour, Juulsen, Pokka, Zboril... I wouldn't take any of these guys before the top group of forwards and Demko is gone.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yup I already have dubios and theodore. Keller and McAvoy aren't even on yahoo's list of players. But they've will be added when they're added to the database I guess.Demko is long gone already. Too bad.

Rookie:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DCHockey View Post
    Yup I already have dubios and theodore. Keller and McAvoy aren't even on yahoo's list of players. But they've will be added when they're added to the database I guess.Demko is long gone already. Too bad.
    The 2nd tier of goalie prospects includes Gillies, Subban, Saros and Husso in my opinion. (And Ullmark if available.) But with such limited roster spots, I'm not sure if you should take a goalie even.

Boeser, Meier, White, Jost, A.Nylander... Grab those players if you still can. In my opinion, the talent level drops after them.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ya as of right now I have Dubios Keller Theodore and McAvoy. Not gonna bother taking any goalies. We normally have 2 NA spots for rookies. My rookies last year were Hellebyuck and Provorov. Normally the don't have much impact. But it's always good to have the best prospects if we're allowed to do so. Thanks for the help. Rep given.

Rookie: