Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Pavelec to Kings

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [Rumor] Pavelec to Kings

I just want to see Budaj playing in the NHL again.

Boo trade rumours!

Boooooooooo!
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    What happens if a team ends over cap? What's the penalty?
    Are they disqualified from the playoffs for being over capped lol

It's probably a fine against next years cap right?
    Yes, if they are over the cap they lost that overage next year as a cap penalty but I am not sure if that happens if a team is over during the season or not. ie, Chicago was over the cap at the end of last year due to Panarin's bonus' and that came off their salary cap ceiling for this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The NHL approves every move, so they wouldn't approve a move that would put a team over the cap. However, this did happen like 7 or 8 years ago in the NFL (the only other league with a hard cap) and I think it was like massive fines, the loss of an entire draft worth of picks, suspensions for executives and coaches, couple other things. The penalty was extreme.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The NHL approves every move, so they wouldn't approve a move that would put a team over the cap. However, this did happen like 7 or 8 years ago in the NFL (the only other league with a hard cap) and I think it was like massive fines, the loss of an entire draft worth of picks, suspensions for executives and coaches, couple other things. The penalty was extreme.
    Makes sense.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

The only way you can go over the cap is with bonuses. There are no penalties for going over the cap or being below the floor, they just don't allow you to do that.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Exactly, the NHL would not allow a move that puts a team over the cap. I recall an Oilers v. Flames game a few seasons ago that was at the end of the season, due to various short term injuries that didn't provide any cap relief the Flames ended up dressing something like 15 players for several games because they couldn't afford to call up even their cheapest players.

As far as fantasy goes, if he's available would you jump all over Pavelec if he does get dealt to the Kings? In my one year I'd be inclined to grab him and hope it turns out well.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    As far as fantasy goes, if he's available would you jump all over Pavelec if he does get dealt to the Kings? In my one year I'd be inclined to grab him and hope it turns out well.
    I certainly would. He's not a great goalie, but behind a decent team like the Kings, I think he could perform fairly well. [Emphasis on "could" ]

Also, every time I see that there's a new post in this thread, I'm hoping that someone's found that there's some traction/news to this rumour. Wishful thinking...

Dobber Sports Genius

Imagine if Pavelec takes Ryan Miller's dream job? Ouch.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am thinking there will be some trade talks after last nights game, pretty ugly!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Jets could have easily bought out Pavelec, so why would they pay him half his contract to play for another team??

Unless the Jets are getting something back worth their while, I think Pav stay's in Winnipeg for the time being..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Jedi

All this Pavelec trade talk, if I'm LA, I'd rather push for Hutchinson pay a higher price to get a better and cheaper G. At 1.15 mil. He makes A LOT more sense.

I'd rather have Hutch than Pavs anyway (I was one of like 3 out of 20+ that chose Hutch over Pavs on a survey thread this summer) Better and cheaper. You move Hutch, Pavs comes up to back up Helle. Comrie gets his starts. At 3.9m. even at 50-50 salary I'm not trading to obtain him.

Now that Mike Smith is out... wonder how fast this goalie shuffle moves.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    All this Pavelec trade talk, if I'm LA, I'd rather push for Hutchinson pay a higher price to get a better and cheaper G. At 1.15 mil. He makes A LOT more sense.

I'd rather have Hutch than Pavs anyway (I was one of like 3 out of 20+ that chose Hutch over Pavs on a survey thread this summer) Better and cheaper. You move Hutch, Pavs comes up to back up Helle. Comrie gets his starts. At 3.9m. even at 50-50 salary I'm not trading to obtain him.

Now that Mike Smith is out... wonder how fast this goalie shuffle moves.
    The problem with this theory is that they now leave Hellebuyck exposed for the expansion draft because Pavelec is a UFA at seasons end. At least, with the Jets still having Hutchinson there and signed, they can expose him the expansion draft and protect Hellebucyk. Hutchinson isn't going anywhere.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The problem with this theory is that they now leave Hellebuyck exposed for the expansion draft because Pavelec is a UFA at seasons end. At least, with the Jets still having Hutchinson there and signed, they can expose him the expansion draft and protect Hellebucyk. Hutchinson isn't going anywhere.
    Yeah, I agree. Hutch is protection, and frankly, I think they like Hutch. He may not have star/starter potential, but I think they see a solid 'tender in him, and if Vegas doesn't pick him up, they're happy to roll with him as back-up until Comrie steps in to shake everything up.

I mean, if the Kings really knocked Chevy's socks off with an offer he couldn't refuse, I'm sure he'd consider it and deal with the back-up issue later, but I doubt it comes to that.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Why can they not protect Helle if Pavs goes as a UFA? They can still protect 1 goalie. That's the same as saying Toronto can't protect F. Andersen because Enroth is a UFA next year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Why can they not protect Helle if Pavs goes as a UFA? They can still protect 1 goalie. That's the same as saying Toronto can't protect F. Andersen because Enroth is a UFA next year.
    They are required to expose one goalie with a certain amount of experience, and with a minimum one year on the contract.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)