Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pick up Clayton Keller?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pick up Clayton Keller?

I'm thinking of dropping DeAngelo for Keller. Good move? Or is there someone else I should drop?
    For team in sig.
    Thanks!
    12 team,Dynasty,Full keeper,No Farm,H2H,Weekly start
    20 man roster, No IR, Unlimited trades and waiver pick ups
    Start 4F, 2D, 1G
    G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=1

N. Kucherov
    P. Kane
    E. Pettersson
    C. Keller
    B. Boeser
    M. Boldy
    N. Ehlers
    W. Johnston
    L. Cooley
    M. Michkov
    W. Smith

E. Karlsson
    J. Carlson
    N. Dobson
    C. Addison
    J. Drysdale

S. Bobrovsky
    T. Demko
    F. Gustavsson
    P. Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Pick up Clayton Keller?

With no farm roster I wouldn't. Keller will have zero impact this year, and probably not impact for another couple of years.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    With no farm roster I wouldn't. Keller will have zero impact this year, and probably not impact for another couple of years.
    Completely agree. You could wait at least a year or two and he will still be sitting on your WW.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Is DeAngelo playing this year? Keller is a much better prospect.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Is DeAngelo playing this year? Keller is a much better prospect.
    No. DeAngelo was on of the Coyotes last cuts, but he was cut nonetheless.

I agree that Keller is the better prospect.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Titan

Is there not someone that's actually playing this year that you would rather roster?
    I don't understand the wasted roster spot at this point.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Is there not someone that's actually playing this year that you would rather roster?
    THIS.... not sure why you want to add either at this point,, Czarnik in Bos. would be a better add, so would Hyman in Tor. .. they're both playing on a nightly basis. You want games played right?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Just have a feeling he's gonna be a good one. And after everyone watches him at the WJC it might be to late.
    Start 4F, 2D, 1G
    G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=1

N. Kucherov
    P. Kane
    E. Pettersson
    C. Keller
    B. Boeser
    M. Boldy
    N. Ehlers
    W. Johnston
    L. Cooley
    M. Michkov
    W. Smith

E. Karlsson
    J. Carlson
    N. Dobson
    C. Addison
    J. Drysdale

S. Bobrovsky
    T. Demko
    F. Gustavsson
    P. Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    THIS.... not sure why you want to add either at this point,, Czarnik in Bos. would be a better add, so would Hyman in Tor. .. they're both playing on a nightly basis. You want games played right?
    I was thinking a more direct "You want to win, right?", but yes, having players that play on a nightly basis is conducive to doing better in fantasy leagues

Dobber Sports Star

Nah, it's a weekly start H2H with a bench that's more than double the starters. Read the sig! Context matters a ton here.

His 4 F starters will be Kane, Seguin, Backstrom, Kucherov, and if any of them are injured or cold or have a bad sched, he's got Parise and Pacioretty as backup.
    It's even more stark on D, where his 2 starters will always be Karlsson and Subban... and if they suck or are injured then you take a swing with Carlson, or Werenski perhaps.

With that depth of bench, you wanna take a swing on a few home run prospects. Keller is the definition of a home run prospect. I'd drop DeAngelo in a split second for Keller in this format, where you want upside above all else deep in the bench.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Nah, it's a weekly start H2H with a bench that's more than double the starters. Read the sig! Context matters a ton here.

His 4 F starters will be Kane, Seguin, Backstrom, Kucherov, and if any of them are injured or cold or have a bad sched, he's got Parise and Pacioretty as backup.
    It's even more stark on D, where his 2 starters will always be Karlsson and Subban... and if they suck or are injured then you take a swing with Carlson, or Werenski perhaps.

With that depth of bench, you wanna take a swing on a few home run prospects. Keller is the definition of a home run prospect. I'd drop DeAngelo in a split second for Keller in this format, where you want upside above all else deep in the bench.
    I missed the weekly start bit, so I was thinking the deep bench was just for cycling through games. Good catch!
    In that case, I would drop DeAngelo for Keller.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    We don't have a farm team, but I like to keep a few spots for prospects. We only start 4 forwards per week.
    Start 4F, 2D, 1G
    G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=1

N. Kucherov
    P. Kane
    E. Pettersson
    C. Keller
    B. Boeser
    M. Boldy
    N. Ehlers
    W. Johnston
    L. Cooley
    M. Michkov
    W. Smith

E. Karlsson
    J. Carlson
    N. Dobson
    C. Addison
    J. Drysdale

S. Bobrovsky
    T. Demko
    F. Gustavsson
    P. Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I hit send before I finished my last post but Fantansyhockeygeek summed it up for me .
    Start 4F, 2D, 1G
    G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=1

N. Kucherov
    P. Kane
    E. Pettersson
    C. Keller
    B. Boeser
    M. Boldy
    N. Ehlers
    W. Johnston
    L. Cooley
    M. Michkov
    W. Smith

E. Karlsson
    J. Carlson
    N. Dobson
    C. Addison
    J. Drysdale

S. Bobrovsky
    T. Demko
    F. Gustavsson
    P. Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Stud

Listen to this man.

Personally I think Keller, even being 2+ years younger, will be full time in the NHL before Deangelo, who I am not certain will ever be good enough defensively or mentally to play top 4 minutes.

Dobber Sports Ace

I couldn't have said it better myself. Keller is being compared to Patrick Kane (look for fantasyhockeygeek's other post pertaining to Keller). His stock is going to skyrocket soon and even moreso during the WJC. Kiefer Bellows is another player whose stock will rise significantly along with Keller. Keep an eye on him if you have other leagues with farm spots.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,