Thread: Demaryius Thomas

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Demaryius Thomas

Hi there--frustrated Demaryius Thomas owner here. Wondering whether it's time to cut bait, or hold for now.

On the plus side, he has a pretty nice schedule coming up over the next few weeks. On the negative side, you saw what him and that "explosive" Broncos offense have done against ATL and SD the past couple weeks. Add in the fact that Sanders is getting first looks, and it doesn't leave me feeling too positive.

Since I'm a little too close to the situation, can someone help me evaluate the best move? And what kind of value should I expect in return?

Thanks for all the insight!

10 team, standard YFF:
    QB: P Rivers, A Smith
    RB: L Miller, C Michael, D Martin, J McKinnon, A Foster, R Jennings
    WR: A Green, J Nelson, D Thomas, D Moncrief, C Meredith
    TE: Z Miller
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Demaryius Thomas

I am assuming it is a league where you start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex?

If so then Thomas is clearly your 3WR most weeks. Therefore I would try and package him and a RB for a slight upgrade over the runningback that you trade.

Try something along the lines of D Thomas and J McKinnon for Latavius Murray.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Try something along the lines of D Thomas and J McKinnon for Latavius Murray.
    I think you need to explore what you can get trade wise. I was weary of DT heading into this season and glad to have avoided him in drafts. That being said, he still carries name pedigree that should merit a decent return on the trade front. Someone out there is likely a fan and senses a turnaround.

As for the trade above, if your trading DT and JMck, you need to be targeting a much better RB than a Latavius Murray. Murray is entering a full-blown 3 headed committee in OAK and really isn't offering much in terms production...outside of PPR leagues, and he's played subpar there too.

Can you maybe attack a desperate Jordan Reed owner?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It is indeed a 2RB/2WR/1Flex league.

That's what I was afraid of--wish I had dealt him prior to last night's stinker. I had an offer for Jimmy Graham that I could probably still get, but can't help but think he's worth a bit more than that. Any thoughts on D Thomas/J McKinnon for Graham/J Stewart (love his ROS schedule)?

Definitely not targeting L Murray. Reed owner is stacked at WR, so can't see him making that deal. I might be able to try for Eddie Lacy or something like that.
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mwojt21 View Post
    It is indeed a 2RB/2WR/1Flex league.

That's what I was afraid of--wish I had dealt him prior to last night's stinker. I had an offer for Jimmy Graham that I could probably still get, but can't help but think he's worth a bit more than that. Any thoughts on D Thomas/J McKinnon for Graham/J Stewart (love his ROS schedule)?

Definitely not targeting L Murray. Reed owner is stacked at WR, so can't see him making that deal. I might be able to try for Eddie Lacy or something like that.
    Either option I think would be good to explore. Preferably like the Graham/JStew deal if you can snag it.