Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jon Quick hurt?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Jon Quick hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Thank you for this. I really enjoyed it.

My wife's girlfriend from Germany visits us periodically and I read this in her voice.

Thank YOU for this.
    I am going to justify that I now have a reason to google-image-search "wife's girlfriend from Germany".
    Ummm... don't think I should post this... (but I'm having a good solo-viewing party right now).

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Thank YOU for this.
    I am going to justify that I now have a reason to google-image-search "wife's girlfriend from Germany".
    Ummm... don't think I should post this... (but I'm having a good solo-viewing party right now).
    She's pretty good looking too... Never wears a bra after an evening shower.

Dobber Sports Genius

Zatkoff worth an add or our they going to run with someone else?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Zatkoff worth an add or our they going to run with someone else?
    I think Budaj will be called up and the two will split starts until one of them asserts superiority.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing official, but the rumor mill is active and word is trickling out that Quick is "week-to-week," meaning a bullet may have been dodged and this might not be multiple months on the shelf. Will keep an eye out and drop something when an official team statement comes out.

Dobber Sports Sage

This is the best we've got at this point...week-to-week as I mentioned earlier.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2016/10/13...-budaj-recall/

Dobber Sports Pro

Dean described Quick's process. There is a consultation with several doctors. DL said it's in the "same area" as his groin; not a knee thing
    https://twitter.com/lakingsinsider/s...92069231333376

Lombardi also said surgery hasn't been decided one way or another, but it's one possibility. There are several other treatment options.
    https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/sta...93149671383041
    Kings GM Dean Lombardi said Jonathan Quick's injury is in the same area as a 2013 groin injury that kept him out almost two months.
    https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/sta...92484664549376

Dobber Sports Star

Surgery possible for this... for a goalie like Quick, who relies on a really strong butterfly position it could be devastating for him. He does the splits on a nightly basis. This could potentially threaten his career...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

No surgery for JQuick

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2016...-groin-surgery

DALLAS — In the end, goaltender Jonathan Quick decided against undergoing surgery for a groin injury suffered last week in the Kings’ season-opening game and instead had a different, non-invasive procedure done Tuesday, the team said Wednesday.

Officially, Quick is sidelined indefinitely because of a lower-body injury.

The next question facing the Kings is whether to continue to go with Jeff Zatkoff and/or Peter Budaj in goal or to pursue a trade for another goalie.

Several goalies could be available, including J.F. Berube of the New York Islanders and Ondrej Pavelec of the Winnipeg Jets.

“It’s a tough situation,” Budaj said. “Jonathan is arguably the best goalie in the world.”

The Kings have salary-cap issues, which allow them only about $1.5 million to add to their payroll. They could gain cap relief by placing Quick on the long-term injured reserve. He was placed on injured reserve last week, after he was hurt in an Oct. 12 loss to the San Jose Sharks.

Injured reserve, for which there is no salary-cap relief, is for players who will miss a minimum of seven days. Long-term injured reserve is for players expected to miss 10 games or more and 24 days.

Berube has two distinct advantages over Pavelec.

First, he makes a modest $650,000 for 2016-17 and will become a restricted free agent at season’s end. Second, the 24-year-old is a former Kings prospect lost to the Islanders via waivers last season. The Kings could send a draft pick to land him and absorb his salary-cap hit easily.

Pavelec’s salary-cap hit for 2016-17 is nearly $4 million, however. The Kings would probably insist the Jets retain a chunk of his salary for this season, which could complicate trade talks. Winnipeg also could decide it would rather not bail out a Western Conference rival in need of help.

The 28-year-old Pavelec is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Berube and Pavelec each began the season as his team’s No. 3 goalie. Berube served as the Islanders’ backup this season, but hasn’t played in a regular-season game. Pavelec began the season with the Manitoba Moose, the Jets’ American Hockey League team.

“The (goalie) coaches there, Billy (Ranford) and Kim (Dillabaugh) at the time, they really made me the goalie I am today,” Berube told the Long Island newspaper Newsday when asked about the possibility of a trade to the Kings. “I owe a lot of credit to them.

“At the same time, I’m here and I want to focus on this team. Whatever happens, happens, but I haven’t spoken to my agent about it. It’s something I don’t really want to focus on because I want to be here (in New York) and focus on here right now.”

The Kings have started the season 0-3-0 and given up 12 goals going into Thursday’s game against the Dallas Stars. Zatkoff replaced Quick for the second period of a 2-1 loss to the Sharks, then started losses of 4-2 and 6-3 to the Philadelphia Flyers and Minnesota Wild.

Zatkoff’s struggles were apparent to Wild coach Bruce Boudreau.

“All I know is if I was playing, I’d shoot from everywhere,” Boudreau said after Minnesota scored five goals on only 16 shots in two periods Tuesday against Zatkoff. “When you know that you’ve got a goalie who’s a little bit rattled, you’ve got to get pucks at the net.”

Budaj replaced Zatkoff to start the third period Tuesday and stopped nine shots.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Latest from LAKingsInsider.com:

http://lakingsinsider.com/2016/10/19...erm-timetable/

Sounds like its going to be about 3 months out for Quick. No trades imminent. Feel like its going to be Berube if they do go the trade route. Also could snatch up Condon when he is waived by the Pens to make a spot for Murray in the near future.

Dobber Sports Pro

According to Dean Lombardi, Quick is out until March. Lombardi not ready "to throw the kitchen sink" at team's goaltending problem.
    https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/s...89719015456768

Dobber Sports Monster

wow, that's 5 months total. brutal.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

Dean Lombardi says he misspoke in projected date of Quick's return. Projecting mid-February, worst case March. Said he had trade deadline on
    https://twitter.com/helenenothelen/s...06760040673281

Dobber Sports Monster

Quick was on the ice today for the Kings optional practice and took some shots!

https://twitter.com/lakingsinsider/s...17324344160257

- - - Updated - - -

Quick was on the ice today for the Kings optional practice and took some shots!

https://twitter.com/lakingsinsider/status/827217324344160257

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

Good news for Quick's fantasy owners. Not sure it moves the needle much for the Kings in real life. Budaj has been every bit as good as Quick this year. Hell of a goalie tandem there, one of the best in the league (Anderson/Condon has been awfully good too). I wonder if the Kings will look at trading Budaj now that his value has risen. His cap hit is low, there are a few teams that could really use him ie STL, DAL off the top of my head but I would think they would want to send him to the Eastern Conference.

As I hit the button to post this, I realized I am literally about to "Post Quick Reply."

Dobber Sports Monster

Getting activated today! A little earlier than I expected. Wonder if they put him right in to help them make the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...56880013471744

- - - Updated - - -

Getting activated today! A little earlier than I expected. Wonder if they put him right in to help them make the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/835556880013471744

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry