Thread: Help with high end guys who will make their teams..?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Help with high end guys who will make their teams..?

Wondering if anyone knows of an updated list with the top prospect most likely to stick and have an impact with their clubs this fall? (Ideally past the nine game mark)

My team is old so I need to draft young. I pick sixth, and the top four picks will almost certainly be Matthews, Laine, Pullu, Murray. So I can choose most likely between Nylander, Marner, Strome, Dubois. But there will also be guys like Radulov Coutorier and Ekholm available.

how do you rank those young prospects, particularly the two young leafs?

And then I'm trying to see if I can sneak some quality young guys with my two second round picks -- Guys like Aho, Tkachuk, Dvorak...., Or even Proverov, Wrenski, D'Angelo

does anybody see these guys sticking in having an impact of this year?
    thanks v much for any and all advice
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Help with high end guys who will make their teams..?

I would take Nylander if available, with Strome being my backup plan. But a case can be easily made for Marner or even Dubois, so they're all really close. Unless you don't have a farm team, then don't take Dubois because I don't see him staying in the NHL this year. Just keep your expectations in line with rookies, they're not going to score 70 points.

Aho is likely to play the full season, and the same can be said about Provorov and Werenski. I don't see it happening at all for DeAngelo, and Dvorak and Tkachuk are risky as well.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks. Yes, no farm team. So if I carry rookies I want them to at least be able to contribute something (ideally above waiver replacement level, which in my league is 30 something year-old upper 40 points-guys, Vanek, Hudler at best), while obviously building towards being elite in future.

ppl seem quite split on the 2 young Leafs -- Nylander the safer pick to stick? and Marner the more high end? (The next P.Kane...) Though hype reigns clearly... Would take either of the young Finns over these guys...dont know much about Strome, but he seems poised to take the top C spot in Az..

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tripel View Post
    Thanks. Yes, no farm team. So if I carry rookies I want them to at least be able to contribute something (ideally above waiver replacement level, which in my league is 30 something year-old upper 40 points-guys, Vanek, Hudler at best), while obviously building towards being elite in future.

ppl seem quite split on the 2 young Leafs -- Nylander the safer pick to stick? and Marner the more high end? (The next P.Kane...) Though hype reigns clearly... Would take either of the young Finns over these guys...dont know much about Strome, but he seems poised to take the top C spot in Az..
    Laine and Puljujärvi over both long-term but I'm not sure how much they will contribute this year. I like Nylander over both this year.

Marner may have upside for maybe 5-10 points more than Nylander but risk of reaching it is also higher in my opinion. You can forget the Patrick Kane comparisons, no prospect should be compared to him. It just isn't fair to set your hopes that high because you will only end up being disappointed.

Dobber Sports Titan

Nylander is probably the safest option of the list for the year.
    That being said, if you want production right now, then run with Radulov, Aho, Ekholm.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Nylander is probably the safest option of the list for the year.
    That being said, if you want production right now, then run with Radulov, Aho, Ekholm.

thanks all for the feedback

Aho to be that productive? Interesting
    this Bjorkstrand kid looking pretty good too

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs