Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clayton Keller potential

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Clayton Keller potential

How good will Keller be? Pretty damn good!

By himself, I could see him being a solid 60-65+ point producer with potential to hit 70+. Things are looking good in Arizona for once though. Domi, Dvorak, Strome (Not super high on him, but he should be at least a good top six), OEL, DeAngelo (Just needs to keep his mouth shut), Chychrun plus another potential top 5 pick this year. Playing with other highly skilled players, Keller could reach that lofty goal of ppg player. Not saying he will, but the skill is definitely there for that to be on the table.

Actually a bit salty...guy traded Keller away in my Dynasty league to another GM for scraps almost, now that guy won't even think of moving him...sigh

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bnet View Post
    Actually a bit salty...guy traded Keller away in my Dynasty league to another GM for scraps almost, now that guy won't even think of moving him...sigh
    Hate when you don't know a guy was available until after he gets traded. Guess that's why it is good to keep feelers out... the early bird gets the worm.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Hate when you don't know a guy was available until after he gets traded. Guess that's why it is good to keep feelers out... the early bird gets the worm.
    It sucks... but my minor league bench is in pretty good shape, Keller would have been nice though as he looks like he will make jump to NHL next year and has a good chance of being inserted into a top six role immediately with pp time.

Dobber Sports Stud

Keller has primarily played centre at BU and played the wing at the WJC. He's better down the middle but I project him to become a winger in the NHL.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Any chance Dvorak and strome can play wings?
    To keep keller at center
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Keller has primarily played centre at BU and played the wing at the WJC. He's better down the middle but I project him to become a winger in the NHL.
    I agree with Crazy Joe. I see Keller winging it in the NHL, just like Kane, Marner and Gaudreau.

Dobber Sports Genius

Listed as C on NHL coyotes website. Our league determines position based on the NHL site. Hope he's converted to winger as he would covet more value. A player to watch for sure.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Star

He'll be like Marner in that sense: always was gonna be a winger in the show, but doomed to be listed as a centre until partway through his rookie season.

Dobber Sports Pro

Not a bad thing imo... He will end up being dual eligible for at least the first season or two in ESPN if his original designation is C but he plays wing.

Banned

Keller is great but I wouldn't own any coyote until they move. That team is going nowhere

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Keller is great but I wouldn't own any coyote until they move. That team is going nowhere
    Nicely done...
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Pro

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2017/03/12/clayton-keller-arizona-coyotes/99099526/

Excerpts:

The Coyotes hope to sign prize prospect Clayton Keller as soon as his season at Boston University is over, Chayka told USA TODAY Sports.

“I think (Keller's) ready to take that next step for sure,” Chayka told USA TODAY Sports. “He’s been a dominant player at that level and the world junior championships. We think he’s a special player who can make an impact on a team.”

He’s expected to be able to contribute like fellow Americans Jack Eichel (Buffalo Sabres) and Auston Matthews (Toronto Maple Leafs).

Dobber Sports Wizard

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2017/03/12/clayton-keller-arizona-coyotes/99099526/

Excerpts:

The Coyotes hope to sign prize prospect Clayton Keller as soon as his season at Boston University is over, Chayka told USA TODAY Sports.

“I think (Keller's) ready to take that next step for sure,” Chayka told USA TODAY Sports. “He’s been a dominant player at that level and the world junior championships. We think he’s a special player who can make an impact on a team.”

He’s expected to be able to contribute like fellow Americans Jack Eichel (Buffalo Sabres) and Auston Matthews (Toronto Maple Leafs).

That's quite the expectation.
    Expected by whom? The Coyotes management?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    That's quite the expectation.
    Expected by whom? The Coyotes management?
    Unspecified. Perhaps just the writer's opinion. Those are indeed quite high expectations for a guy only months after being a 7th overall pick.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Unspecified. Perhaps just the writer's opinion. Those are indeed quite high expectations for a guy only months after being a 7th overall pick.
    Yeah, I'm skeptical of these expectations but as a Keller owner quite happy to be proven wrong
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.