Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joel Eriksson Ek

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Joel Eriksson Ek

Have read some things about EE. Some think he's the top prospect in the system and apparently MIN wants to bring in some youth this season. What are his chances of sticking in MIN and what role would be play?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Joel Eriksson Ek

I don't see him in Minny this year. I just think they have too many forwards on one way contracts ahead of him. I also heard a Wild scout (forget the name) on Sirius Satellite Radio's NHL Network say how high the Wild were on Ek, but that he'd probably start his career in North America in the AHL.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

I doubt he makes the team this season. He's a good prospect but I don't see a good spot for him on the team right now

Dobber Sports Monster

From what I'm reading on HF they don't believe he will stick with the team either

Dobber Sports Icon

I highly doubt Eriksson Ek starts the year in Minnesota. Their top 3 centers are set with Koivu, Staal and Haula. They also have Granlund who will start the year on the wing. The Wild feel Eriksson Ek is going to be a similar player to their current captain Koivu.

The Great One

He may get a few games by nothing enough to warrant rostering this season unless something dramatic happens
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I highly doubt Eriksson Ek starts the year in Minnesota. Their top 3 centers are set with Koivu, Staal and Haula. They also have Granlund who will start the year on the wing. The Wild feel Eriksson Ek is going to be a similar player to their current captain Koivu.
    I agree with both the this year part (likely not in the NHL) and the future part (Mikko Koivu type of player, 70 point upside) of this message.

Dobber Sports Icon

Eriksson Ek has apparently played well enough in training camp so far that he is going to play the last two preseason games to see if he can make the team. It's still most likely that he gets sent back to Sweden for this season but he is definitely impressing the coaching staff with his play and his work ethic. He's going to be a solid NHLer in the not too distant future.

Dobber Sports Sage

This is good to hear. Reports last season were that he had not progressed as the team would have liked. I would have traded him cheaply. Glad no one came calling.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Haven't heard much about Eriksson Ek in the past few days as all sorts of other players are being cut. Is he still up? Planning on catching some of the MIN game tonight on GameCenter.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Did some searching:

@BMileskiKFAN:
    "Looks more and more likely that Eriksson Ek will make Wild's opening day roster. They have 9 games before decision to send back to Sweden."

@coreypronman:
    "2015 first round pick Joel Eriksson Ek likely now makes the team for Minnesota."

Both from Oct 5. Looks like they'll give him some NHL games at least.
    Last edited by bergman; October 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Correct twitter handle

Dobber Sports Stud

He's going to be a fantastic two-way player for a lot of years. Great to see him cracking the opening day roster this season but I'd curtail expectations on his offensive production for some time. He likely won't get prime ice or linemates for awhile.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I hoping an injury will let him move up the roster. Is that wrong of me?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    He's going to be a fantastic two-way player for a lot of years. Great to see him cracking the opening day roster this season but I'd curtail expectations on his offensive production for some time. He likely won't get prime ice or linemates for awhile.
    He could get to 3rd line if he plays well enough but yeah, top-6 not likely happening anytime soon. A year ago I figured he could see some NHL action this season, most people probably thought I was crazy... His two-way game is pretty good and the offensive upside is there but it will take some time before we really see that part of his game.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Solid start for EE. Three assists tonight for 4 pts in 3 games. Still early but he's already passed Dalpe for the 3rd line C. How long do you think he stays there / and stays with MIN?