Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sergei Bobrovsky - Big comeback year?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Sergei Bobrovsky - Big comeback year?

He has claimed he is feeling 100% and that groin issues are in the past now. He looked phenomenal in the world cup. Is it a sign for things to come this season? Or should I lower my expectations on him?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Sergei Bobrovsky - Big comeback year?

I don't think a BIG comeback is expected, but coming back to being a decent #2 goalie option in a 12 goalie league is a very real possibility. Lets just say I probably wouldn't want him as my #1 in any leagues.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

I think there's a chance he has a big comeback and an even better chance that he does very well but I would be cautious. Like Eskimo said, I wouldn't want him as my number one goalie but I like his upside. He's going pretty late in most drafts and could provide a lot of value

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think a BIG comeback is expected, but coming back to being a decent #2 goalie option in a 12 goalie league is a very real possibility. Lets just say I probably wouldn't want him as my #1 in any leagues.
    Ok. I figure I'd grad a solid #1 in the draft then in the later rounds go with a guy like Bobrovsky. Stats only counts for top 1 goalie in the league by seasons end.

do you think 35 wins is attainable?

The Great One

I like Bob as a sleeper but I am not hitching my horses to him to carry the load
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I like Bob as a sleeper but I am not hitching my horses to him to carry the load
    hahaha nice way to put it. i will be thinking about your quote if it comes time to draft him.

but definitely will not take him as a #1 but as a back up option just in case of injuries

Dobber Sports Stud

if I was targeting bob, i'd try and get korpisalo and Forsberg as insurance (I did the same this summer). he definitely has the talent, but the injury thing is a big issue (and the fact that he says it isn't doesn't reassure me one bit). but once I've got the blue jackets' other potential starters, it becomes much easier to take that chance.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    if I was targeting bob, i'd try and get korpisalo and Forsberg as insurance (I did the same this summer). he definitely has the talent, but the injury thing is a big issue (and the fact that he says it isn't doesn't reassure me one bit). but once I've got the blue jackets' other potential starters, it becomes much easier to take that chance.
    If you can only grab one of Korpisalo or Forsberg, any clue to which one you should take?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    If you can only grab one of Korpisalo or Forsberg, any clue to which one you should take?
    I've been thinking about these two since June. It's a total coin flip IMO - pick a name and hope.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    do you think 35 wins is attainable?
    I think Columbus will be hard pressed to win 35 games, let alone Bob. I'd set my expectations on Bob closer to 23-26 wins with second tier peripherals. Definitely a bounceback, but unless he goes full Carey Price and carries the team on his back, I can't see him coming close to 35 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    Neither? Both? One got the callups when Bob was injured, one had a great AHL playoff run. I don't think either has the job locked up for sure when Bob goes down with his injury this season. I think you'd be better served getting the handcuff for your #1 goalie than trying to anticipate which of these two is the better own.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Neither? Both? One got the callups when Bob was injured, one had a great AHL playoff run. I don't think either has the job locked up for sure when Bob goes down with his injury this season. I think you'd be better served getting the handcuff for your #1 goalie than trying to anticipate which of these two is the better own.
    And as you can see from my signature, Bob IS my #1 goalie... (24 teams...)

Actually, I think I'll try to grab S.Mason as a #2 and, if/when Bob gets injured, I'll rush to the WW to grab whoever they call up.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Titan

We'll have to wait and see if CLB can hit 35 wins, let alone Bob. So that's a no I don't think he's making it that high. 30 is realistic enough though.
    I wouldn't grab either of the backups though. It's a coin flip, and no one else is going to want to touch them anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

There is also the Torts factor, likes to ride his goalie if they are going hot, but if it goes the other way then all bets off.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Monster

hmmmm......WHAT!!!!???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I think Columbus will be hard pressed to win 35 games, let alone Bob. I'd set my expectations on Bob closer to 23-26 wins with second tier peripherals. Definitely a bounceback, but unless he goes full Carey Price and carries the team on his back, I can't see him coming close to 35 wins.

33 wins so far

Dobber Sports Jedi

slow clap....
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    hmmmm......WHAT!!!!???

- - - Updated - - -

33 wins so far
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4