Thread: An early look at my potential keepers...

Big Daddy

Default An early look at my potential keepers...

10 Team, Head-to-Head, Keep 4.

Batting Categories: R-H-HR-RBI-SB-TB-AVG-OPS
    Pitching Categories: W-SV-K-ERA-WHIP-K/BB-K/9-QS

Shallow league with limited keepers makes this decision a bit tough.

Notable Batters:
    C - Buster Posey
    1B - Joey Votto
    1B/LF - Hanley Ramirez (not sure he'll qualify in the OF next season)
    2B - Dee Gordon
    2B - DJ LeMahieau
    2B/3B/SS - Jonathan Villar
    SS - Troy Tulowitzki
    LF/RF - Ryan Braun
    CF - Mike Trout
    RF - Jose Bautista

Notable Starting Pitchers
    Chris Sale
    Noah Syndergaard
    Aaron Sanchez
    Marcus Stroman
    Lance McCullers

So Mike Trout is the obvious first choice for a keeper. My second and third picks as of now are Chris Sale and Noah Syndergaard. Would anyone be concerned with keeping two pitchers in a keep four league? My fourth and final keeper is up in the air but I think my best option would be DJ LeMahieau, he had an incredible year and he plays in a hitter friendly ball park in Colorado. Other guys I'd consider are Ryan Braun, Joey Votto, Buster Posey, Dee Gordon and Jonathan Villar (was his season a fluke or can he sustain those awesome numbers?).
    Which four would you keep?
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: An early look at my potential keepers...

I would probably have Gordon, Sanchez and Posey on my list before Lemahieu. Gordon just because of the unique stats he brings to the table. Posey is a proven all-star option, and Sanchez is an ace blooming right before our eyes. The thing is with the hitters, is that your stats are a little more skewed towards the power hitters, which would actually tilt it towards Votto, Tulo or Posey in my mind.

I have no problem with keeping more SP. You keep your best players, unless it's 4 catchers or something like that. Especially with your set of K heavy pitcher stats.

So Trout, Thor and Sale are locks. Then I think I would go with either Sanchez or Posey. Probably Sanchez and then just focus on batters. In a 10 team league there will be lots of hitters available, but the top pitchers tail off fast.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: An early look at my potential keepers...

I'd also go with Trout, Thor, and Sale, but I'd lean Posey just because catchers are usually not real good. Even with Posey having a down year, he still was the second highest C in my leagues scoring. With 100 points of the #1 C, but 400 more than #3.
    H2H Customized Scoring System - Full Dynasty
    LW - E. Kane, Kuznetsov, Landeskog, Neal, ROR, Pavelski; C - Backstrom, Barkov, Draisaitl, Eichel, McDavid, Johansen; RW - Duclair, Kucherov, MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Trocheck, Zibanejad
    D - Barrie, Ekblad, OEL, Hedman, Fowler, Jones, Josi, Klingberg, Ghost; G - Price, Holtby, Schneider
    Bench: F - Drouin, Vessey; D - Murray, Bigras, Hanifin, Miller; G - Varly, Pickard
    Minors: F - Marner, Strome, Zacha, Crouse, Meier, Rantanen; D - Koekkoek, Provorov; G - Hellebuyck, Korpisalo