Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: [Rumor] Artemi Panarin seeking roughly $6M x 6yrs in new deal

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: [Rumor] Artemi Panarin seeking roughly $6M x 6yrs in new deal

This contract is good for both parties. It ensures that Panarin stays with the Hawks and gets him to UFA in shortest time possible. Sure, he could have probably gotten more if he went to RFA but did he want to sign a long term deal with Vegas or some other team that had the space and picks to give up? So it was either sign a slightly under-market contract with the Hawks and be assured of a great opportunity where he's happy OR look for the max $ and likely end up with a not-so-desirable team. On the Hawks side, it guarantees them of 2 more seasons of prime Panarin. There's not a significant talent gap between Panarin and Kane. And this season, Panarin has revealed a 1-timer that is Ovechkinesque.

I wonder how much the Hawks treating Panarin right last season affected his decision. They could have taken him off the Kane line late in the season and hindered his chance of reaching his large bonus for being top-10 in scoring but they didn't. Panarin was ecstatic and thankful for reaching the bonus.

On a side note- I read in an article that Vegas will have a 48-hour window to sign any RFA as a UFA. Is this correct? This is the first I heard of this. It's huge if it is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

This contract is good for both parties. It ensures that Panarin stays with the Hawks and gets him to UFA in shortest time possible. Sure, he could have probably gotten more if he went to RFA but did he want to sign a long term deal with Vegas or some other team that had the space and picks to give up? So it was either sign a slightly under-market contract with the Hawks and be assured of a great opportunity where he's happy OR look for the max $ and likely end up with a not-so-desirable team. On the Hawks side, it guarantees them of 2 more seasons of prime Panarin. There's not a significant talent gap between Panarin and Kane. And this season, Panarin has revealed a 1-timer that is Ovechkinesque.

I wonder how much the Hawks treating Panarin right last season affected his decision. They could have taken him off the Kane line late in the season and hindered his chance of reaching his large bonus for being top-10 in scoring but they didn't. Panarin was ecstatic and thankful for reaching the bonus.

On a side note- I read in an article that Vegas will have a 48-hour window to sign any RFA as a UFA. Is this correct? This is the first I heard of this. It's huge if it is correct.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    I think it's likely he steps back into the 68-72 point range this year, but still that's very worthy of 6 million.
    Great projection as he ended the season with 74 points.

So all of you who thought his 77 point rookie season was just a fluke and he'll regress from that, you were right! He took a big dip, going from 77 points to 74 points. What a dud.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think I said 75 but that I wouldn't be surprised with 80.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov