Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dubois or Radulov

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dubois or Radulov

Personally I'd go with Dubois. I assume he can be retained in your minors long term. I think he's worth the wait.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well, we have 5 in favour of PLD and 5 in favour of Radulov. Any other insight that could break this tie and make the decision a bit easier?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm close to being in a very similar position. I hold the #3 overall pick and am right on the verge of getting #5 in a deal. I've been considering PLD, Provorov or Radulov.

Personally, even though my league doesn't have a farm system, I think I'd be leaning towards taking PLD for a couple reasons:
    1) Top-line centre upside
    2) Youth constantly gets overvalued on the trade market
    3) My forward corp is already deep enough that Radulov might not even see the lineup most weeks.

My group is a little unique that way, that even if Radulov popped 65, he'd still be a fringe lineup guy in a start 8. I'd probably take PLD sit on him for awhile and then flip him with another asset for an already prime-aged player.

Food for thought at least..
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd take radulov. too much wait not to.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Star

I'm really bullish on Radulov for this season, and in a league that counts hits and PIM, he's gonna be great.

For me it's always proven > prospect, unless the prospect is amazing. I don't see Dubois as an amazing fantasy prospect. I think he'll top out, in 3-4 years at about what I'd expect Radulov to produce this year... maybe 10 points more if Rads disappoints and he overachieves. Why would you wait that kind of time for 10 points? Seems a little nuts to me.

If you're in the "Radulov is poison" camp, then I can see taking PLD. Otherwise, I really don't understand. If we were talking Kucherov, Hall, Forsberg, Pacioretty, Okposo (guys who finished in the mid-60s last year, which is my expectation of Radulov) nobody would be advising you to grab PLD.

Put another way, both of these guys have risk -- one because of the Radulov Factor, the other because he's a prospect. I'd assert the risks are similar. Given that, take the one with the sooner timeline and higher upside.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    I'm really bullish on Radulov for this season, and in a league that counts hits and PIM, he's gonna be great.

For me it's always proven > prospect, unless the prospect is amazing. I don't see Dubois as an amazing fantasy prospect. I think he'll top out, in 3-4 years at about what I'd expect Radulov to produce this year... maybe 10 points more if Rads disappoints and he overachieves. Why would you wait that kind of time for 10 points? Seems a little nuts to me.

If you're in the "Radulov is poison" camp, then I can see taking PLD. Otherwise, I really don't understand. If we were talking Kucherov, Hall, Forsberg, Pacioretty, Okposo (guys who finished in the mid-60s last year, which is my expectation of Radulov) nobody would be advising you to grab PLD.

Put another way, both of these guys have risk -- one because of the Radulov Factor, the other because he's a prospect. I'd assert the risks are similar. Given that, take the one with the sooner timeline and higher upside.
    You like Rads to finish in the mid-60's range eh? I can see it happening, but I also think Montreal's system and coaching will continue to see some stagnation offensively. Coupled with the lack of a top line centre and I could see him being more of a 50-55 point winger (aka. a dime a dozen).

55 points = little interest
    65 points = definite interest.

He's a real wildcard.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Star

I think Radulov @ 65 is conservative. I'd see 60 as a floor. If the name wasn't Radulov (with associated "bail on the team" baggage), and you saw a player that had:

• Been drafted in the 1st round
    • Produced extremely well in international competition, typically at the same level as Geno, Ovy, Datsyuk, etc.
    • His first two NHL seasons were 37 and 58 points... Nice step, and certainly points at an upside that's pretty elite, especially given the ice time and coach he had.
    • Had a baby and come to the NHL ostensibly to prove himself and win a cup.
    • Likely to be extremely motivated because he was looking for a long term deal he could only get 1 year.

Would you really be thinking 50-60 point winger?

Radulov's upside is top-10 winger in the NHL. Things align, he leads Montreal in scoring. I'm serious!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    I think Radulov @ 65 is conservative. I'd see 60 as a floor. If the name wasn't Radulov (with associated "bail on the team" baggage), and you saw a player that had:

• Been drafted in the 1st round
    • Produced extremely well in international competition, typically at the same level as Geno, Ovy, Datsyuk, etc.
    • His first two NHL seasons were 37 and 58 points... Nice step, and certainly points at an upside that's pretty elite, especially given the ice time and coach he had.
    • Had a baby and come to the NHL ostensibly to prove himself and win a cup.
    • Likely to be extremely motivated because he was looking for a long term deal he could only get 1 year.

Would you really be thinking 50-60 point winger?

Radulov's upside is top-10 winger in the NHL. Things align, he leads Montreal in scoring. I'm serious!
    I'm not so afraid of Radulov's skill as I am with Montreal's coaching, system and surrounding talent. Gally is a nice young player, but I'm not sure he's the distributor that's needed to feed Patches and Rad.. especially with Therrien's best buddy Desharinais kicking around waiting to steal prime ice.

I'd love to be that high on Radulov's potential this season.. The gut is just holding me back.

It does seem like the masses are divided on this one. Some are like me and see a modest comeback while others see the years of elite production in the KHL and envision a 70 point return to glory.

One side is going to be right, and it'll be fascinating to see how it shakes out! Personally, If he's sitting there at #9 for me, I'll have to take a gooooood long look.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Totally agree with VV before.

Radulov is the answer.

I have the exact same dilemma (picking 5th) and Im taking Radulov. 2-3 year wait for Dubois.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

The Great One

Radulov if you are in it to win it...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd take Dubios over Rads.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Another one for Radulov.