Thread: Walman...eta? And fantasy value?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Walman...eta? And fantasy value?

Hey gents. Having quite the tennis match in my 24 team league where Dubnyk is being sought after from my very young and rebuilding team.

Gibson is my go to goalie and I see Dub serving as my insurance plan as Gibby warms up to his new role. But I've been approached about a deal involving his Mason for my Dub. I don't think I'm wrong when I say that I see Dub and his situation in Minny far more valuable than Mason with Neurvirth nipping at his heels in Philly.

But Mason could serve as the same insurance plan and I also have Stolarz.

So I'm targettin Walman from his team as the incentive for me to flip Dubnyk.

He insists on me topping up with Komarov (not crazy about that) and consistently tries to "set the hook" by including Galiev to me.

I personally don't like it (but Galiev is a complete unknown to me)

My Dubnyk, Komarov
    For
    His Mason, Walman and Galiev.

Am I wrong not to think he's still getting the better players despite walman's youth really fitting In On my D (Gardiner, Klefbom, Deangelo, Zadarov, Ouelette, Dermott)

Interested in the thoughts of the masses before my dance partner sounds in himself here.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Walman...eta? And fantasy value?

I think Dubs has a lot more value, even just based on team competitiveness and injury history. I would need more to make that deal happen. Especially since you shouldn't have to add Komarov to it
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks EB. Confirmed my suspicions. I would consider Mason and Walman for Dub strait up but being asked for the additional player is what is meant this up.

Tks

Dobber Sports Stud

i like walman, but personally, if i was rebuilding and looking to trade duby, i'd be looking for something better. as u said, mason has neuvirth on his tails and i wouldn't want to go anywhere near that. i also wouldn't be so sure that stolarz is the goalie of the future in philly. they have a ton of other top goalie prospects. walman is has some nice potential, but i don't see him as a top dman. could be a PP QB one day, but will have to go through parayko and jordan schmaltz to get that job. i'd expect him to max out at 45 points, so that's not enough for me to trade someone like duby, especially in a huge league like yours where i'm sure goalies are scarce and cost a lot to acquire.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    i like walman, but personally, if i was rebuilding and looking to trade duby, i'd be looking for something better. as u said, mason has neuvirth on his tails and i wouldn't want to go anywhere near that. i also wouldn't be so sure that stolarz is the goalie of the future in philly. they have a ton of other top goalie prospects. walman is has some nice potential, but i don't see him as a top dman. could be a PP QB one day, but will have to go through parayko and jordan schmaltz to get that job. i'd expect him to max out at 45 points, so that's not enough for me to trade someone like duby, especially in a huge league like yours where i'm sure goalies are scarce and cost a lot to acquire.
    Very True. Thanks Frosbergfan!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Thanks EB. Confirmed my suspicions. I would consider Mason and Walman for Dub strait up but being asked for the additional player is what is meant this up.

Tks
    the additional player is not the issue to me. it's duby's value, which could go way up if he wins 35+games. he won 33 last season on a team that just barely made the playoffs. now he has one of the best regular season coaches, and a division that was really strong last year which now has a bunch of question marks: chicago's roster is clearly worse than last year due to their cap issues.
    the blues won't have elliott around to handcuff allen.
    dallas has loads of injuries and horrible goaltending.
    nashville is really good but have never won the division yet, plus rinne is rapidly declining.
    i could easily see minny winning the division. if duby wins 33 games for them to finish 5th in the division (and he had some rough stretches as well last year), how many games does he win if they win the division?
    mason had one awesome stretch at the end of last season, but was pretty bad beforehand, and lost the starter's job in the playoffs. i wouldn't want to go near him this year unless i had neuvirth as well.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Trade offer declined. Thanks guys.

The Magnificent One

Good move on turning it down.

I grabbed Walman in a few leagues end of last year but he isn't anything that will break the bank. Also geliev is a good player but he is buried in WAS and was scratched a lot end of last season. Until we see him play 12 mins a game I wouldn't trade for him
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi