Thread: Couture/OEL for Johnson/Krug

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Couture/OEL for Johnson/Krug

Keeper salary cap league, Points only

My Couture/OEL for his Tyler Johnson/Krug

I see Johnson as an upgrade over Couture, obviously Krug is a step down. The temptation is I can save about 3 million against my cap and I'm in a cap crunch before our drop date.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Couture/OEL for Johnson/Krug

I think the step down from OEL to Krug is enough that I'd decline. Johnson is likely good for 4-8 more points than Couture, whereas OEL is likely good for 12-16 more points than Krug (especially with Krug out to start the season). The fact that you'd be taking the bigger hit on the scarcer position makes it a double nope for me.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

I see Couture as better than Johnson. So I would not be taking this deal.
    Without seeing your entire roster it's tough to know though if this is really the best way for you to cut costs. Personally I would rather drop a 5 Million dollar guy to save your cap situation, that trade for two downgrades like this just to save the cap.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys,

14 team league

F: Crosby, Giroux, Couture, Monahan, Kucherov, Barkov, Galchenyuk, JVR, Nyquist

D: Karlsson, Klingberg, OEL, Ristolainen, Stralman

G: Bishop, Vasilevsky, Greiss

protect a max of 13, must leave draft with 16 skaters, 2 of which must be goalies

Keepers: Cros, Giroux, Couture, Monahan, Kuch ( guessing 7.5mil cap hit ), Barkov, Galchenyuk
    Karlsson, Klingberg, OEL

= 61.8 mil. 11 mil left to fill 6 spots which includes a decent goalie. Not much!

I'll try and save $ by drafting someone like B Elliott or Talbot, and fill the roster with rookies

Just trying to get what i can by trading either a keeper or a dropper for whatever I can get

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This GM has also offered me 5th overall pick for Monahan.

Marner or W Nylander, Zacha, Aho, type guys would be available at #5. Rookie cap hit (we use .925 mil)

The Great One

It would be easier if we could see your full team. I get you need to cut salary, but OEL, Monahan and Couture probably are not the guys you want to sacrifice to get cap compliant.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Full team is in 4th post

Dobber Sports Grand Master

OEL is 2 tiers above Krug for me, and the forwards are a wash. No to this deal. Elite players are not where you try and save money.

If the other guy prefers Couture, you could do the forward swap.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.