Thread: Roster evaluation

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Roster evaluation

Hey guys, hopefully you'll be able to help me out here and give some brief thoughts on my team, and possible plan:

10 team league, we start 1 QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1K, 1DEF, 4IDP (I'll leave the kicker, DEF and IDP out od the discussion as I'm streaming those). Our bench is 6 players.

0.5 PPR, 5 point bonuses at 300 pass yards, 100 receiving or rushing yards.

QB - Ben
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Baldwin
    WR - Diggs
    RB - D. Johnson
    RB - Ingram
    TE - Gates
    Flex - Hill (Deangelo will be here week 3, but afterwards its Hill)
    Flex - McKinnon

BN - Deangelo (Obviously he's out of my starting roster after this week)
    BN - T. Sharpe
    BN - J. White
    BN - Artis-Payne (Taking a flier on him, he's slated to start this week)
    BN - Powell (Again, another handcuff, but I don't trust Forte's durability)
    BN - Brady

Generally I'm quite confident in my team. I've won the league 3 out of 6 years (group of 10 pretty close friends), however I've never repeated (and I won last year). This year is different, I didn't really love how the draft went and it's becoming harder every year to get trades done (tends to happen when you win the league a few times I guess). Here are a few thoughts I'm having:

- I'd like to move one QB and an RB, preferably for a WR. I've thrown out a few names to the league and had a few bites, but nothing serious yet. I should be in better position to get something done when Brady gets back and Hill stops playing the best defenses in the league.

- There are a few guys on waivers who intrigue me. Ebron (if Gates doesn't suit up), Howard (Landford looks to be losing that backfield) and Beasley (looks like Prescott's favorite target). I'm considering dropping White for one of them (He hasn't really filled the Dion Lewis role as I had hoped). Thoughts? I don't want to drop one of the RB handcuffs, as it stands right now, the waiver wire is a wasteland. Those guys would be snatched up immediately. The only way I will drop one of them is if I'm backed into a corner during bye weeks.

Thoughts? will rep those that I can.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Roster evaluation

I like your roster. A few thoughts...

Yes - wait for Brady to have a few good games (Gronk and Brady might be back at similar times - so maybe week 5/6ish?)
    I might consider holding onto Powell for a bit - Forte is on some ridiculous pace for 450+ touches and isn't a spring chicken either. If Forte gets hurt, he'll step in.

I'm holding all judgement on CAP until after this week (and maybe the next considering it's the Vikings) - I have no idea what will actually happen game time but he does have a great opportunity to be the feature back. If he has a good game - he could be the RB to try to sell "high"

Jermey Hill - not sure if he's on thin ice, but Bernard is outplaying him right now and saw 20 more snaps than Hill in week 2 (50-50 in week 1). Yes that was vs the Steelers and Jets...but keep an eye on this.

I like Cole Beasley or Ebron for you...it's difficult to say how well Ebron will hold up with Detroit's offense..but he has been playing well. He doubled his rookie production last year and is improving on drops. Beasley looks to be stepping into WR2 territory for Dallas...he just needs a score!
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto