Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final MLB dilemma for Eskimo Bro

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Final MLB dilemma for Eskimo Bro

Alright here we go...bronze medal matchup and it's gonna be tight cuz he's stacked at pitcher. SV+HLD is one category.....

Would you use 1 of your 4 weekly moves on a RP??? Basically considering dropping Strickland for Dull, Layne or Pedro Baez

I sat Ventura's complete game yesterday because he has a tendancy to blow up and this guy Im facing is stacked at SP. He owns Jose, Scherzer, Lester, Sanchez (Jays) and Archer...plus got a great start from Peacock last night. After Kershaw last night, I don't have anyone until Verlander Thursday, then currently all on Saturday have Ventura, Peralta and Finnegan face each other, Quintana and Kershaw. So starts are

We only have 4 moves a week and I had to use one on a hitter already....he's made zero.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Final MLB dilemma for Eskimo Bro

Would the RP swap really make that big of a difference? Or is SVs+Holds a category that is fairly easily going to go to one of you?
    Strickland has been awful his last two appearances, but he is still at the back of the bullpen of a solid team.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I just don't see the other options really being more useful than Strickland, especially to make it worth burning one of three remaining moves for.
    Save them if you need a batter (say for SB) or for starts, to have three higher strikeout guys that you pick up for Sunday.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Would the RP swap really make that big of a difference? Or is SVs+Holds a category that is fairly easily going to go to one of you?
    Strickland has been awful his last two appearances, but he is still at the back of the bullpen of a solid team.
    I just don't see the other options really being more useful than Strickland, especially to make it worth burning one of three remaining moves for.
    Save them if you need a batter (say for SB) or for starts, to have three higher strikeout guys that you pick up for Sunday.
    Makes sense. But again for debate purposes my thinking with this post is he already has an advantage with Wins and K. So if I pick up 3......he can just pick up 3 or 4.

Problem is even though I own 5 RP to his 4...mine suck....Blanton (27 sv/hld), Johnson (23), Rivero (26), Strickland (20) and Siegrist (23). Strickland could be done for so I want to keep that numbers advantage especially given I have less SP.

He has Herrera (37), Logan (28), Ramos (40) and Harris (37)...all pretty legit guys.

I get what you mean though. Just worried since he has all 4 moves.....if I pick up 3 SP later in the week...he can too

Dobber Sports Titan

I guess that's fair. It's tough to know though, because Strickland is in a better situation than anyone you could pick up, but he has the chance of being taken out of his role, or being given 5 days rest or something.
    I am also more commonly on the line of thinking of wanting to save my moves to later in the week, unless there is something very pressing.

How are the hitting categories looking?

Dobber Sports Immortal

I guess that's fair. It's tough to know though, because Strickland is in a better situation than anyone you could pick up, but he has the chance of being taken out of his role, or being given 5 days rest or something.
    I am also more commonly on the line of thinking of wanting to save my moves to later in the week, unless there is something very pressing.

How are the hitting categories looking?
    Another good point

Well it's only Monday so we're pretty low and close...but I like my chances.....but I liked them that week and I lost haha

Me. Lucroy. Abreu. Altuve. Lindor. Villar. JdM. Turner. Then Drury, Simmons and Markakis trading between final two.

Him. Contreas. Belt. Odor. Donaldson. Baez. Yelich. Pence. Benintendi. Nunez. Forsythe

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree you have the edge in hitting, but it's not guaranteed. You shouldn't have a problem with SB and AVG.
    You probably need at least one pitching category.

I would be curious to hear how it's going on Friday morning.

Dobber Sports Immortal

You probably need at least one pitching category.

I would be curious to hear how it's going on Friday morning.
    Right...which brings me to my point about Strickland possibly being done because he's been awful....and me likely not winning Wins and K......figured my best bet was SV+HLD

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Right...which brings me to my point about Strickland possibly being done because he's been awful....and me likely not winning Wins and K......figured my best bet was SV+HLD
    Would it not just make more sense to drop a SP for a RP then and keep Strickland?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Would it not just make more sense to drop a SP for a RP then and keep Strickland?
    You continuously make good points....this is why I did this!

I only have room for 4 RP....Blanton I fit in SP spot on days without 2 SP going.

Anyways....He had Fernandez and Lester tonight so he's off to a great start. Jokes on him though cuz I did a 4 bet parlay on the Marlins, Cubs and both unders!

Dobber Sports Titan

You continuously make good points....this is why I did this!

I only have room for 4 RP....Blanton I fit in SP spot on days without 2 SP going.

Anyways....He had Fernandez and Lester tonight so he's off to a great start. Jokes on him though cuz I did a 4 bet parlay on the Marlins, Cubs and both unders!
    Make sense. And I guess you don't want to try flipping coins and cycling RP based on who you think may be coming into which game. That just never ends well. So I guess at this point I would probably sit on my team for another night or two and then reevaluate and see which categories you NEED. If it ends in a tie, who has the tiebreaker? Because that's a big deal, knowing you can tie, or knowing you have to outright win it.
    Nice idea covering both sides so you at least get something out of it then.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have the tiebreaker. We tied both matchups this year and I was in 2nd.

Dobber Sports Titan

I have the tiebreaker. We tied both matchups this year and I was in 2nd.
    Solid. Well at least you have that going for you!
    Is it just the standard 10 categories but instead of SVs it's SVs+H?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Solid. Well at least you have that going for you!
    Is it just the standard 10 categories but instead of SVs it's SVs+H?
    Yep. I prefer it. Relievers are such a big part of the game now and closers are so fickle these days.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well then you could just win all 5 batting categories and take home 3rd place that way. Who knows, maybe a couple of his starters blow up and he gifts you ERA/WHIP. If you do wait until Saturday to pick up 3 SP though, you may be able to catch him off guard and steal Ks from him, especially if you pick up the guys that have the best K rates for Sunday, and he will be left to pick off the scrap heap of whatever is left. Lots of possibilities.