Thread: Prospect trade.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Prospect trade.

Owner in question has shown interest in fiala for over a year. Are any of his prospects worth pulling the trigger. My team below is my sig. Notable prospects of his include carter hart, saros, gillis, or buchnevich. Any thoughts welcome
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Prospect trade.

14 teamer with three goalies?
    I would take any of the goalies for Fiala and not look back.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Even with his goalies already pretty young? Personally I'd want a couple of those pieces if he's calling on you to move Fiala
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Even with his goalies already pretty young? Personally I'd want a couple of those pieces if he's calling on you to move Fiala
    Even then. As I said in another thread RE Fiala today, I really don't see too much coming out of him in terms of long term upside, so I would rather get ahead of the goalie market. They will also be much better bargaining chips at the deadline.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Great One

Amd I thought you didn't value goalies lol I see the logic though

Dobber Sports Titan

I value bargains, and I understand league structures
    In a 14 team dynasty, that's 42 ACTIVE slots filled. You have every team with 1 bench goalie, giving you 56, and you have basically every single active goalie on a roster. People are going to be very desperate.

The Great One

As waiting very long times hence I'd probably use some of my surplus bench from always getting BPA to pluck the low hanging fruit when I need a goalie.... But horses for courses

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd probably do Fiala for any of those players if I had doubts about Fiala. The goalies will be a longer wait on your investment, and always come with more risk than Buchnevich but I guess it depends on how patient you want to be.

I like Fiala and think he still has decent multi-cat value so I guess it depends on your opinion of him. Personally, I'd see any of those guys as a push as far as trade value goes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    As waiting very long times hence I'd probably use some of my surplus bench from always getting BPA to pluck the low hanging fruit when I need a goalie.... But horses for courses
    Is that an actual saying? And if so what does it mean

The Great One

different horses for different courses

google is your friend here -

something that you say which means that it is important to choose suitable people for particular activities because everyone has different skills Ah well, horses for courses. Just because a plumber can mend your washing machine, it doesn't follow that he can mend your car as well.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ah, I have actually heard that one before. Makes sense

The Great One

who knew I could write a sentence that wouldn't make sense lol