Thread: Prospects/Picks Trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Prospects/Picks Trade

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but this trade involves mostly prospects/picks, so I figured this was a good spot. Talking about a league that mainly rewards points and plus/minus.

How much have the top seven from the '16 entry draft separated themselves?

Someone is trying to pry the 7th overall pick from me (mostly just '16 entry draftees available, along with some late bloomers). He is offering a package of something like 18th + 26th + Ivan Barbashev in the deal. I would also be dumping a cap hit to bring in a couple of other prospects (Armia, possibly Aberg).

Is that worth the drop from the top seven?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Prospects/Picks Trade

Nope. Dont like that at all.

Hypothetically (just counting '16 draftees) that brings you from a Keller/Nylander/Sergachev player to a Bellows/Fabbro and Howden/Thompson. And I see Barbashev as a non factor in this.

But with that in mind could you list the top prospects not from the '16 draft? Could help.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    Nope. Dont like that at all.

Hypothetically (just counting '16 draftees) that brings you from a Keller/Nylander/Sergachev player to a Bellows/Fabbro and Howden/Thompson. And I see Barbashev as a non factor in this.

But with that in mind could you list the top prospects not from the '16 draft? Could help.
    The rosters are very deep. Just browsing through now I'm seeing very few who would factor into this. A guy like Di Giuseppe might be the most owned prospect available that's not on a team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Who would you have to drop to make room for the additional two prospects you would get?

#7 pick is very good but it's not a "don't trade" pick like the top-4 picks this year are. You're likely looking at either Tkachuk or Nylander.

That package is interesting to me because I really like Barbashev. With the 18th pick, you could get a player like Fabbro, McAvoy or Chychrun, and with the 26th pick you could get someone like Asplund, Benson or Mascherin. And of course it's also possible some better players drop to you with those picks; perhaps you could get someone like Kunin at #18 and Tufte at #26.

I might wait to see who goes with the first 6 picks, though. If Keller happens to drop to you at #7, then you should take him. But if Keller and the top-4 are gone, then I would consider this if you don't have to drop anyone (or anyone good at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Who would you have to drop to make room for the additional two prospects you would get?

#7 pick is very good but it's not a "don't trade" pick like the top-4 picks this year are. You're likely looking at either Tkachuk or Nylander.

That package is interesting to me because I really like Barbashev. With the 18th pick, you could get a player like Fabbro, McAvoy or Chychrun, and with the 26th pick you could get someone like Asplund, Benson or Mascherin. And of course it's also possible some better players drop to you with those picks; perhaps you could get someone like Kunin at #18 and Tufte at #26.

I might wait to see who goes with the first 6 picks, though. If Keller happens to drop to you at #7, then you should take him. But if Keller and the top-4 are gone, then I would consider this if you don't have to drop anyone (or anyone good at least).
    Gigantic rosters. Wouldn't drop anybody. But I doubt he'll let this one go to draft day.

So we're one/one here. Anyone want to break the deadlock? Can't decide still on my end.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll say no deal. It may be nice to get the extra late pick of Kunin or something, but no guarantee he's available. I would rather have the better thing in this case.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)