Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Dobber Pro - Wales League

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2016/17 Dobber Pro - Wales League

Standings update - March 4, 2017:

The Wolverine

Beavers still has a narrow lead but it's tight amongst the top five so still a lot to be determined.

The Wolverine

Standings update - March 19, 2017:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Standings update - March 19, 2017:

Jeez. I don't think a three-peat for me is going to happen.

Gap is now tiny, and Letang being out indefinitely is killing me.
    It'll be a close one, right down to the wire!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, my team is going to keep the race tight down the stretch here, I think/hope. I count about 10 extra points that are within close striking distance for me. That's especially true with regards to teams that have more GP'd than me at either the skater or goalie position: I count 7 points that I'm going to pick up before the end based on that alone -- provided my team doesn't sh!t the bed, that is.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

C: Draisaitl* (LW), Dubois, Nelson
    LW: Svechnikov* (RW), Hagel
    RW: Kucherov*, Tarasenko, Wilson, Stone, Laine, Reinhart, P. Kane (IR)
    D: Fox*, Karlsson*, Chabot (IR), Faulk, Martinez
    G:: Vasilevskiy*, Vanecek, Adin, Knight (IR)

* = 2023 keepers

The Wolverine

One week to go!

Standings update - April 3, 2017:

The Wolverine

Incredible battle at the top!

Incredible battle at the top!
    Gonna go right down to the wire, methinks.
    -----------------

LEAGUE: keeper -- 6 keepers per year, no farm; roto; 10 managers, 18-man rosters; 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 5 Bench; limits of 99 games per skater position & 82 games per goalie position; daily roster moves; max 100 waiver wire transactions per year; scoring categories of G, A, +/-, HIT, PPP, SOG, DEF (points by d-men), W, GAA, SA%, and SV.

ROSTER:

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rooneypoo View Post
    Gonna go right down to the wire, methinks.
    I think I've lost it for good. Letang being out indefinitely put the nail in my coffin. Damn, quite the battle though! Let's hope I can get lucky and pull out the win somehow!

The Wolverine

Final day - can the Beavers find a big performance or is it The Jobbers' to lose?

The Jobbers 88
    Vancouver Beavers 84

Final day - can the Beavers find a big performance or is it The Jobbers' to lose?

The Jobbers 88
    Vancouver Beavers 84
    From what I can see, it looks like the max points Beavers can pick up today, if everything goes right and nothing wrong, is 3 (1 point at A, 1 point at PPP, and 1 at SVs). But he also has to hold off advances in a bunch of areas -- +/- (the Comish is at +25 to his +26), PPP (Ol' Dirty Backes is 4 points behind him with more games in hand -- in fact, Beavers has no games left available at LW and D), SOG (Anzemark is 11 SOGs behind but only has D games left to play, so this one is probably safe), Ws (Hockey Down Under can move into a tie with him here with 2 wins combined with no wins today for Beavers), and GAA (Yellow Dogs and the Comish are both 1~ percentage point behind).

On my end, I think the only areas I'm vulnerable to give up points are SVs (I'm 15 ahead of Beavers, and I think we are each going to have 1 goalie play today) and maybe SOG (the Eh Team is 16 shots behind me, and like me he's maxed out his GP at 1 of his 4 skater positions), and I have 2 points within close reach -- one at G (I'm 1 goal behind the Comish) and one at SOG (I'm 1 shot behind Ol' Dirty Backes).

If everything goes right for Beavers, and everything wrong for me, it's possible I lose 87 to 86. But otherwise, I should be able to hold on.
    -----------------

ROSTER:

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rooneypoo View Post
    If everything goes right for Beavers, and everything wrong for me, it's possible I lose 87 to 86. But otherwise, I should be able to hold on.
    I think you've got it in the bag! Jeez, nice come from behind win in the final weeks! A few weeks back I was feeling pretty good, but nope! Nice work.

One more day of hockey, then we'll see. I was feeling pretty good about my time over the last month -- I was close in a lot of categories and had skater games in hand over a lot of people, so I knew I was going to gain ground in some areas, but it was harder to predict what might happen with your team. The addition of players like Kucherov, Lee, and Kadri, too, gave me the across-the-board boost that I needed. If I win, I think a big reason will be my mid-round picks of Anderson and Greiss, who played well for me and then netted me some substantial skater help.
    -----------------

ROSTER:

* = 2023 keepers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Congrats to Rooney on the win, and the Beavers for once again being at the top and making a game of it.

Thanks to all the competitors for making it a fun league that stayed competitive and interesting, even at the bottom as people were still trying to finish as high as they could through trades or additions. Nice to see so many teams zero out of the FAAB by the end of it.

Me, I was just happy to finally crawl out of the basement over the final couple months and finish in a moderately ok spot that should have me forego any relegation (I hope!). Looking forward to next season. Cheers all.

The Wolverine

Final standings - congrats to rooneypoo on the title! Thanks to all for playing!