Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Dobber Pro - Wales League

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: 2016/17 Dobber Pro - Wales League

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Ma - good write up, but you know there is no PIM in this league?
    Whatchu talking about Willis?

AHHHH bugger... I thought it was same settings as RHRS...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Busy weekend = Pengwin forgot about draft. Happened (!!!) to log-in just because I was checking my (awesome) fantasy football team. Jumped in 7 rounds in - fortunately, I'm pretty damn happy with what Autodraft nabbed me for first 5 rounds - Ghost & Keith, not so much. Also - my first draft done purely by phone, yuck, lack of info at my finger tips = unhappy Pengwin. Goalie by committee and the hopes that the DAL duo won't be so bad in GAA this year. Like my team, but probably a more middling finish 4th-6th.
    8 Goalies though? That is interesting, and has to be a first for you.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    8 Goalies though? That is interesting, and has to be a first for you.
    4D, 8G.
    That's the settings, yes?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Since I know everyone has been waiting all week for my input: a draft recap. It’s been a week and some things are already foggy. I didn’t forget to show up nor did I have any connection issues, good luck for me but also no real excuses. Despite LOTR and the Comish liking many of the same players as me there were only a couple places where they sniped my one pick, leaving me scrambling. Usually I had a range of choices or my guy made it through.

The plan, mostly, was to get RW and D in the first 10 picks or so. It seems to me that those two positions get pretty dry later on while there were several C and LW in the second half of the rankings that I was happy with. And to try to work enough G starts in as well.

1 (6). Karlsson. Six sucked. Early on it seemed like there was a clear top five and then a mess. It got worse once I considered taking a first round goalie. Considered Burns, Holtby (if he’d made to me), Karlsson, McDavid, Kane, Tarasenko, and, if any of Crosby, Ovi or Benn made it, I would have taken one of them. I took Karlsson. I thought “Guys who will score 75-85. One is a D.”

2 (21). Seguin. Last year, he was my 1st rounder. He’s a C but I planned to take RW and D only when they compared directly with the C available. PPG. 3.86 S/G. Last two years about a hit per game.

3 (32). Allen. Based upon the Campbell results, I thought this might be the last chance I had to get a G and so I was expecting to have to take one earlier. We didn’t go after them the same way. I have heard good things and bad things about every goalie available this year. Here, I drafted St. Louis more than the goalie.

4 (47). Hall. He still seems like a player that can drive things on his own. Ninth overall shot taker last year in a down year. Hit per game. One of a little cluster of LW with Forsberg and Patches at this point that I was hoping to get one of.

5 (58). Giordano. Top ten D in P/G and S/G. Also had Carlson, Josi and Weber in mind. Took the last one. Didn’t mind the result.

6 (73). Eberle. There is a cluster of RW around here that make me happy. Toffoli and Voracek were gone. I have no other shares of Eberle and I wanted the McDavid line mate flier somewhere.

7 (84). Okposo. I am taking him everywhere because he seems to last longer than the rest. Hornquist was gone but I may have taken Okposo anyway. He has been close to PPG in recent years with good shots and decent hits. It wasn’t all Tavares.

8 (99). Ristolainlen. I remember having no clear choice here. I wanted a D. Risto hits and has #1 PP. I felt a little disappointed that I didn’t have a clearer choice. I also considered Muzzin who went next pick.

9 (110). T. Johnson. Yahoo’s 100+ ranks have some solid C. With three RW and three D taken, I knew I wanted to get a couple. Johnson seems like a reasonable bounce back from injury perhaps into the 70 point range with 2.8 S/G.

10 (125). Schwartz. I think he was already hurt but I figured I would slot in some hitty LW while I wait. Hits are our only gritty stat. As long as I can get points upside, I will take it over more hits. Plenty of hits later on but fewer 60+ points guys.

11 (136). Gallagher. Not loved by Dobber’s projections but his /60 rates were really good last year. Again, RW becomes a wasteland soon after this.

12 (151). Andersen. I was waiting on Mason. Who went the pick before this. So I took a starting goalie. I was planning on taking good team back-ups later on to fill in my starts and hopefully help with winning percentage. We will see. One time I was sniped and at a loss.

13 (162). Dubinsky. I had forgotten I had taken him. Hits? ‘Cause there were other C available.

14 (177). Lee. I have been taking these hits and shots for three years now. Now, we are getting to the LW that I like. Many of whom fill in the hits category with hope for more points.

15 (188). N. Foligno. See above. I owned him before the 70 point year in a gritty cats keeper three years ago. He keeps going earlier than I hope for and so I just took him now. If E. Kane or Kadri had lasted anywhere near here I would have taken them but they were long gone. So, Dubinsky, Lee and Foligno for the hits.

16 (203). Stastny. I was kind of surprised he was still here. A three year 60 point pace. He is one of the C I was waiting on and, like Schwartz, I couldn’t pass up the points advantage. 44 players actually achieved 60 points last year and, while Stastny might not get there, it seems late to leave him, hits and shots be damned. Hopefully, a good St. Louis +/- too. ‘Cause I suck at +/- every year.

17 (214). Reimer. I own a lot of Reimer. Good team. He played well last year. Luongo is old and Reimer may fall into a starting role because of injury or decline. At the very least, the plan seems to be to give Luongo a lot of rest.

18 (229). Coyle. I seem to pick up Coyle off waivers every year. He’s my last RW. Slated for the top line and gets some hits.

19 (240). Bogosian. Realized I was still sitting at three D. I liked Bogosian going into last year. He eventually seemed to get it together long after his injury. He has had insane hit and shot rates in the past. Kind of a Lee on D bet.

20 (255). Savard. Hits, shots and points. Maybe . Oh, God, my +/-.

21 (266). Severson. Last D. Hoping for #1 PP.

22 (281) C. Hutton. Handcuff to the oft injured Allen. Again, simply drafting St. Louis as a team.

23 (292). Marner. Pure upside flier. Hopefully, gets RW. No FW in this league otherwise I never pick him.

24 (307). Couturier. Might be finding the offense.

25 (318). J. McGinn. I owned him a bit at the end of last year in a couple of hits leagues. 2 hits plus 2 shots a game, roughly. With a chance to play in Arizona. Mostly, I needed a LW while Schwartz is hurt. But if I hadn’t needed a LW and didn’t already have Marner and Courturier, I was surprised to see V. Rask and Wennberg still available. Again, wait on C, all other things being close.

Both of those C have been acquired from waivers since. I added Rantanen because RW still sucks and he put up 1.15 P/G in the AHL last year. The last flier I took on an AHL player like that was Kucherov, a couple of years ago in a 16 team, keep 20. That worked out so this will too. I have faith.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My Draft Review:

This Sunday felt good for some reason. I could not put a finger on what it was, but I felt like a winner today!
    I had the early game in my men's hockey league and would be done in time to draft myself on my iPad while driving home.
    This would allow hockey to account for the hours between 3:00pm (prepping my gear, skating, drinking, drafting) until 10:00pm on my Sunday. I was feeling very good about this!

I figured some additional non-draft info would be welcome here too. I have been converted to playing winger this year in my mens league.
    I finally switched from some CCM 852's to some CCM RBZ skates and swapped my normal twigs for a True Temper XCore 9 stick! Let me just say that those 2 changes make a big difference!
    We played @ 5:30 and won a good game. I had 1G (wicked slapper) and assisted both players on my line! Like I said I was feeling good today.
    I took my Free drink coupon for being on the winning team, along with 3 more tickets from guys in the locker room and started putting down a few Octoberfest beers. I set my alarm for 7:45 pm to make sure I did not miss the draft!

Today was feeling really good!

I get into the draft waiting room before we get on the road and I figured we would be able to get a few rounds into the draft before my ipad would have any connection problems, I started tossing people into my query.

Officially this is where it started to feel bad....

(1) Kucherov, It could be worse. I had Karlsson ready to go but got booted about 1 minute in. I like Kucherov and have him as a keeper...but not as 1st round pick in a 13 team league like him! I was booted right into the draft and Auto draft grabbed the first guy in my Query!! Oh well there is upside here!

(2) Malkin, ok there was fear in my eye on this pick. Fighting to get back in and find out where we were at and who was left. I do not like Malkin but I needed a PPG player and it is what it is, maybe I get the non injury year? I had wanted Pavelski or Johnny Hockey here not a center. I felt officially behind the 8 ball starting here

(3) Wheeler, I wanted RW early and feel like Wheeler is solid producer in each category we score. 70 points seems possible and there is some upside with the youth if it all clicks. Happy with this pick

(4) Marchand, Having got booted in the 1st and in scramble mode in the 2nd I did not notice there were 7 Goalies gone in 2 rounds. The trip around from my 3rd pick to my 4th pick saw 6 more goalies go off the board. I now have no Elite D and No starting G. I decide to punt Goalies basically. Marchand looked great in WCOH and I think he will be good this year, again he is solid in all categories!

(5) Klingberg, Elite level points but thin in SOG, HITS. I can work with this as a number 1 D. Right before me Josi, Doughty, Carlson go off the board. I was happy Klingberg was still there on my turn.

(6) Marc Andre-Fleury, Not happy here but I need something at this point. I have 2RW, 1LW, 1C, 1D there is some promise here MAF should get plenty of starts. I am not buying the Murray kool aid and think I got some decent value here.

(7) Ekblad, I need to push D next few rounds. There is some pretty good talent in this range. I think Ekblad has a good year. Campbell was going down in PP_TOI last year as Ekblad emerges, nice shot on this kid! Yandle does not hurt here I think the are even in PP.

(8) Spezza, I get booted again. Auto draft sees me with 2RW, 1LW, 1C, 2D, 1G and auto draft takes Spezza. I was not worried about C's right here because there are 100 more left, but dang auto draft takes this guy. If I did take a center here I would have taken Galchenyuk here (who went next after me) oh-well could be worse. 7 D went off the board during that round! I would have went D for sure

(9) Saad, I like this pick. A possible 30G 30A player with LW/RW. I get some good flexibility with this pick.

(10) Eriksson, It is good to have players tiered at this point of the draft. Right before me I got cleaned out. Hoffman, Schwartz, Steen, etc just picks before me. I wanted a Winger here so I took The Swede. Should help on my PPP which I was feeling like i was short on.

(11) Trochek, I went for upside here. Also I could not really work the draft board. If is searched or sorted by position/stat etc I was getting the boot.

(12) Cam Atkinson, I like this guy. I think there is some room for him to grow this year. G, PPP, SOG I wanted to go ahead and round out my wingers and then sift thru the remains @ Defenders the next few rounds.

(13) A. Martinez, Meh...... 31P is his career high set last year. He hits enough, shoots enough, gets some PP_TOI, will be good +/-, has a pulse, I will take him! Maybe he can hit 35-38P this year?

(14) Lehner, my Goalie #2.....I do not want to admit this fact. I will just own it and work the waiver wire like a beast. I will need to stream every decent matchup and find every injury to grab a starting goalie!!!! The guys riding in the truck with me were laughing that the words "Please let Lehner fall to me, please don't get sniped" actually came out my mouth, YUK! Pissed Ehlers went a few picks before me.

(15) Duclair, I pushed him up due to LW/RW option, He should hit 40-50P which is ok for this far into the draft. This is where people were starting to draft category fillers. Komerov, Gudas, etc. There were several players here that had 40 points written all over them so went mild upside and roster flexibility here.

(16) Reinhart, I like this pick. I could see some 50-60P upside here. He has C/RW which helps fill out my roster at this point. He really did not click until late in the year so I would like to see what happens this year.

(17) Hudler, Reaching here. C/RW that is a plus. Has been pretty good on power plays before, He did really well when he played on the Top line in CGY, maybe he moves up the roster/PP. Line 2 is not to shabby in Dallas.

(18, 19, 20) Gardiner, Burakovsky, Hanafin, I needed D here and planned on taking 3 in a row. Again booted and auto drafted Burakovsky. This did not hurt me much. The D that went before Hanifin are Ceci, Hamonic, etc. Burakovsky was around 0.5 PPG maybe I get lucky here?

(21) Puljujarvi, reaching! Maybe he gets some MacDavid time????? why not take a whack at him?

(22) Hagelin, I figure they are going to move parts of all these lines in PIT this year. They are not a 3 scoring line team to me. Great cup run but we will see. I am happy for the upside to this pick, but hey Hagelin has never really clicked anywhere else over the years, cup runs end @ cup runs sometimes. I had Provorov dialed up and he went one pick before me here. I really liked his upside and I figured getting him this late would be awesome if he has a good year, SNIPED!

(23) Campbell, Missed on Provorov last round and dialed up my last D. I like this pick. I think both Seabrook and Keith will miss a fair amount of games this year and Campbell is not just a warm body. There could be some value here.

(24) Hammond, my 3rd goalie. I had wanted Hutton in the 22nd round but got sniped two picks before, then only to get sniped on Provorov after that pick, and then I scramble a bit to get Hagelin, ughh. I have had Jake Allen before and knew he would miss games. Hutton would have been a decent goalie at this point, NOPE I am stuck with Hammond now, lets hope for some magic again this year. I NEED IT!

(25) Werenski, I am not very happy with my D so I tossed in this kid. He might be able to get some big minutes on the CBJ PP?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

The Wolverine

First standings update of the season - Nov 12, 2016:

The Wolverine

Recent trade:

Brad Marchand Bos - LW
    Blake Wheeler Wpg - RW
    Carl Hagelin Pit - LW
    Traded to AnzemarkSethGaudreau

Connor McDavid Edm - C
    Matt Beleskey Bos - LW
    Jimmy Howard Det - G
    Traded to Ol' Dirty Backes

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm surprised no other teams sent me an offer for McDavid... one, maybe two teams touched base.

I'm tracking well over at C/G... and well under at LW/RW/D.
    It didn't help I was rostering only 3/4 LW, 3/4 RW, 5/6 D. At least my LW & RW are filled up now.
    I'm still holding 8... no longer 9... goalies. (I might need just a few of those slots to catch up in skater games... maybe... perhaps...

Going into yesterday, I had only ONE skater that was in the top 100 Yahoo rank: McDavid.
    EDM seems to be having some problems scoring lately - and I thought it was a good time to buy low when the offer came in on Wheeler & Marchand.
    I own Bergeron - so I decided to double-down.
    [Good trade for ODB as well - as he needs C/G and had W games to spare.]

[That effin 7 rounds of auto-draft is just killing me in this league... McDavid was fine... but Gaudreau-2, Couture-3, Kopitar-4, Bergeron-5, Gostisbehere-6, Keith-7 are all performing well-below their draft pre-rank. I guess that's a testament to the quality of GMs in this league - as they would've all passed those guys over when it was their turn. Smart GM group. Even the picks I made on my own: Stone-8, Larkin-9, Hoffman-10, S.Jones-11, Abdelkader-12... all garbage. I actually don't own a SINGLE self-drafted skater that is overperforming his draft spot. Worst.Draft.Ever]

My team's current ranks:
    Skater Cats 1-1-2-1-1-2 (out of 13 in each cat!!!)
    Goalie Cats 13-9-13 (out of 13. And this is INCREDIBLE, proving one of my strategies, because I drafted my goalies in rounds 13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24)

Of note: My team's name "AnzemarkSethGaudreau" is based on play-on-words of Onyourmarks,Set,Go!

But...
    Kopitar: Injured
    Seth Jones: Injured
    Gaudreau: Injured
    [and you know the world is sending you a message when the characters in the random .gif picture you selected could represent your players! O.m.G.]

Clearly, the fantasy hockey gods thought my team name was shitty. At this point in season, I'm not disagreeing.
    My team is poop. Time to turn it into... um... poop-aid.

Dobber Sports Sage

Kucherov first round isnt looking too bad atm lol
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Master

Just looking at the draft results. I feel for robi's Rad Team whose first two picks were Quick and Stamkos. You cannot get worse luck than that. Condolences bro.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Don't sweat it! Kuch will be Art Ross this year and you will look like a god!
    He is looking pretty good. I liked him and Stammer on the power play. I hope that he "takes over " now that they are missing Stamkos. I am hopefully envisioning Malkin when Crosby went down several years ago. He always seemed better when Crosby was gone, maybe Kuch will do something like that with Stamkos gone?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

The Wolverine

Trade:

Sam Reinhart Buf - C,RW
    Brandon Saad Cls - LW,RW

Traded to Hockey Down Under

Evander Kane Buf - LW
    Dustin Brown LA - LW,RW

Traded to Ol' Dirty Backes

The Wolverine

Standings update - December 10, 2016:

The Wolverine

Christmas standings update - December 26, 2016:

The Wolverine

Eh Team looking good but there are several in contention, as shown by the frequent movement in the standings. Good luck in the second half!