Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brock Boeser

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Brock Boeser

Hi All,

I drafted Boeser in a fairly deep dynasty league and there's another manager looking to make a trade for him. No offers yet - but he wants him. The only prospect of his I'm interested in is maybe Dal Colle, Jeremy Roy, Goldobin and Zadorov.

How do you rank Boeser in a multi-cat league amongst other prospects? From what I've read, he could be quite studly and a first line player. I know he's going back to school - but he may be the next Vesey-like player to make a splash.

Thanks in advance!
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Brock Boeser

Boeser is a much better prospect than Dal Colle or any of those other prospects mentioned imo. I would keep him if you can.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Boeser is a much better prospect than Dal Colle or any of those other prospects mentioned imo. I would keep him if you can.
    What? Much better? I don't know. Dal Colle gets a lot of flack but he was really dominant last year at times. This is not to say Boeser isn't a very good prospect. Just saying that if there is a gap between Boeser and Dal Colle it's awfully small.

Back to OP,

I'm on the fence here, I think Dal Colle has the better upside but a lot more obstacles in front of him to get prime minutes while Boeser is the best forward prospect in Vancouver (yes ahead of Virtanen). Depending on how long you can keep them if you can move Boeser for Dal Colle + one of the prospect you named, I'd do it, depending again on who you'd have to drop if you make some kind of 2 for 1 deal.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

He would need a significant add to any of those players

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    What? Much better? I don't know. Dal Colle gets a lot of flack but he was really dominant last year at times. This is not to say Boeser isn't a very good prospect. Just saying that if there is a gap between Boeser and Dal Colle it's awfully small.

Back to OP,

I'm on the fence here, I think Dal Colle has the better upside but a lot more obstacles in front of him to get prime minutes while Boeser is the best forward prospect in Vancouver (yes ahead of Virtanen). Depending on how long you can keep them if you can move Boeser for Dal Colle + one of the prospect you named, I'd do it, depending again on who you'd have to drop if you make some kind of 2 for 1 deal.
    On HfBoards Boeser was voted #18 top NHL prospect while Dal Colle was voted #38. The proof is in the pudding. You just have to watch them play. Boeser will translate a lot better to the pro game. Many people look at where X player was drafted and think thats proof theyre a better prospect. Dal Colle got cut from team canada in every world junior for a reason. Hes a good player no doubt but people tend to look at the top 5 selection and overrate him.

Dobber Sports Ace

I can't speak to Dal Colle, but the Canucks LOVE Boeser. And as said above, he's their best forward prospect...above Virtanen.

Not a ton of prospect depth in Vancouver either, so the path for Boeser might be a bit "easier" than the guys you mentioned

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree that I like Boeser more than the rest of the guys listed, but if you can get Dal Colle + for Boeser, then I think I would do that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by BealestreetTyrant View Post
    Hi All,

I drafted Boeser in a fairly deep dynasty league and there's another manager looking to make a trade for him. No offers yet - but he wants him. The only prospect of his I'm interested in is maybe Dal Colle, Jeremy Roy, Goldobin and Zadorov.

How do you rank Boeser in a multi-cat league amongst other prospects? From what I've read, he could be quite studly and a first line player. I know he's going back to school - but he may be the next Vesey-like player to make a splash.

Thanks in advance!
    What exactly has Vesey done? Man the hype train is in full force with this kid. WOW.

If you mean come out of college and play in the NHL, no he won't be the next, but he will/should eventually fit that mold. Boeser is more comparable to Gaudreau for me than Vesey. I mean if we're talking College players with high upside...

I Really don't understand the Vesey hype at all, seems more like a Kevin Hayes to me.

Back to the original topic, I give another vote for Boeser being the best in that prospect group, comfortably.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    What exactly has Vesey done? Man the hype train is in full force with this kid. WOW.

If you mean come out of college and play in the NHL, no he won't be the next, but he will/should eventually fit that mold. Boeser is more comparable to Gaudreau for me than Vesey. I mean if we're talking College players with high upside...

I Really don't understand the Vesey hype at all, seems more like a Kevin Hayes to me.

Back to the original topic, I give another vote for Boeser being the best in that prospect group, comfortably.
    Agree. The hype around Vesey isn't his skill, it's the fact that he is a free asset to acquire that can be put in a middle six position and be cost controlled for years. Every team wants that. Don't confuse him with a top three pick or anything. He has a lot of value to teams, but not because he's gonna be a 70pt scorer.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

The Great One

If that plus is Zadorov I'd do it... With no Roy this could be the year he sticks (though there has been rumblings about attitude but I feel that may have come more from him thinking he's done his time than anything else)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think prospects are a gamble but I definitely prefer the Boeser gamble over the ones you listed. I'd keep Boeser. Quality over quantity.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Da Colle is a pretty good prospect too but I'd rather have Boeser. Think he'll have an easier chance and more opportunity to succeed in the NHL

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post

I didn't mean to hype Vesey the second coming - what I meant was that Boeser's road to the NHL could be similar in that he would leave College / NCAA and maybe leave college warly to pursue a carrer in the NHL (Because he's highly 'touted').
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    On HfBoards Boeser was voted #18 top NHL prospect while Dal Colle was voted #38. The proof is in the pudding. You just have to watch them play. Boeser will translate a lot better to the pro game. Many people look at where X player was drafted and think thats proof theyre a better prospect. Dal Colle got cut from team canada in every world junior for a reason. Hes a good player no doubt but people tend to look at the top 5 selection and overrate him.
    I actually agree with you, but the bolded is irrelevant and pretty funny.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks everbody! I'm going to send an offer and see what comes back.
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto