Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Seguin - WCH Injury

The Great One

Default Re: Tyler Seguin - WCH Injury

7-10 days reported this morning so basically rules him out the first week of the tournament and makes sense.

And no that would be a shame Ratataylor... The hockey I've seen has been good regardless of the motives behind the competition...

P.s. PenguinHunter cam I replace him? Pretty please
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    7-10 days reported this morning so basically rules him out the first week of the tournament and makes sense.

And no that would be a shame Ratataylor... The hockey I've seen has been good regardless of the motives behind the competition...

P.s. PenguinHunter cam I replace him? Pretty please
    It's been good hockey so far, and player at this level are ultra competitive. They have way too much pride to not give an effort but I don't think they care level is on the same level as the Olympics which is why you see players bowing out pretty easily.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Wizard

The following rant is brought to you courtesy of a Stars fan who just saw his team's season flash before his eyes. (And don't bother pointing out how the Stars Cup chances are already doomed because of Kari and Antti, I'm all too aware of that)

This is exactly what I feared would happen, and worse yet it impacts on my team. Utterly stupid to be risking players, and by extension their team's, seasons for this crap. I'd rather have waited another two or three weeks for the start of training camp to get my hockey fix, rather than see the Stars season potentially wrecked because of an injury in a meaningless chase of the almighty dollar. And for those who are going to rip me for this, be honest with yourself, you'd be angry and bitter too if it was a key player from your team in this spot. So what if Tyler will be healthy in time for the start of the season, if they didn't have this idiotic tournament this wouldn't have happened. Sucks bad enough when it happens in season, but at least those games are counting towards the ultimate prize in hockey.

Here's an idea, why not stock these rosters entirely with young players looking for a venue to showcase their skills to teams instead of risking established players? Oh yeah, the organizers wouldn't rake in truckloads of money from the players name value.

I feel better now that I got that off my chest. I never thought I'd quote Green Day, but, wake me up when September ends....
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Here's an idea, why not stock these rosters entirely with young players looking for a venue to showcase their skills to teams instead of risking established players? Oh yeah, the organizers wouldn't rake in truckloads of money from the players name value.
    World Junior Championship? World Hockey Championship? Spengler Cup?

Sorry about that last one...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    World Junior Championship? World Hockey Championship? Spengler Cup?

Sorry about that last one...
    See what I mean? There's no need for the WCoH! Heck, any other year we'd be kicking off training camp and all the roster intrigue right about now. I'm just ready for the regular season, which I was ready for exactly .00001 seconds after the playoffs ended.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

The Great One

TBH I preferred the Olympics when they did that as well.. Canada Sweden in the 94 final was pretty good without the 'best' players...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Veteran

According to an article on sportsnet.ca this morning, he has a fractured heel.

Lucky there's roughly a month until the regular season begins, but this sucks to hear.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Administrator

I'm recommending he start using bubble wrap when he plays hockey.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post

Lucky there's roughly a month until the regular season begins, but this sucks to hear.
    If that's the case, then he won't be ready to start the season. Recovery period for that is taken as about 10-12 weeks.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post

Dam. What a way to start the year. Gonna adjust where I'm comfortable taking him in my pools

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm recommending he start using bubble wrap when he plays hockey.
    What are everyone's thoughts on Seguin from a fantasy perspective? While he seems to be becoming an injury prone player, he has only missed 21 combined games in the past 2 seasons. I've drafted him in 3 different pools in the past 2 seasons, but these injuries are starting to concern me. Should Seguin be avoided or is that an overreaction?
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Genius

12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on Seguin from a fantasy perspective? While he seems to be becoming an injury prone player, he has only missed 21 combined games in the past 2 seasons. I've drafted him in 3 different pools in the past 2 seasons, but these injuries are starting to concern me. Should Seguin be avoided or is that an overreaction?
    I think he's in Ovie territory. He's elite, and you draft him as such, but you know you're getting closer to 75 games than 82.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    The following rant is brought to you courtesy of a Stars fan who just saw his team's season flash before his eyes. (And don't bother pointing out how the Stars Cup chances are already doomed because of Kari and Antti, I'm all too aware of that)

This is exactly what I feared would happen, and worse yet it impacts on my team. Utterly stupid to be risking players, and by extension their team's, seasons for this crap. I'd rather have waited another two or three weeks for the start of training camp to get my hockey fix, rather than see the Stars season potentially wrecked because of an injury in a meaningless chase of the almighty dollar. And for those who are going to rip me for this, be honest with yourself, you'd be angry and bitter too if it was a key player from your team in this spot. So what if Tyler will be healthy in time for the start of the season, if they didn't have this idiotic tournament this wouldn't have happened. Sucks bad enough when it happens in season, but at least those games are counting towards the ultimate prize in hockey.

I feel better now that I got that off my chest. I never thought I'd quote Green Day, but, wake me up when September ends....
    I'm a Sens fan and a scrimmage during training camp resulted in a concussion to possibly our best forward, Stone, and likely ended the career of a top six guy in McArthur.

Does that mean teams should cancel training camp? Or scrimmages? Or tell players to play like it was a non-contact beer league? It's an intense, violent, dangerous game, period. The world cup was fun to watch and frankly it could have been to your team's advantage to have benn and seguin start the season in mid-season form. either could just has easily been hurt by some punk-ass borderline kid out to prove himself.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

What are Seguin owners doing in weekly leagues? Starting Sequin, or benching him to play it safe?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius