Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Dobber Entry - Norris League

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: 2016/17 Dobber Entry - Norris League

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    What I do is fill all the teams with starting position players and move multieligible players around trying to get balanced lineup if possible. Then projected GP totals are summed up and remaining games left over under max GP are filled with "replacement" level player at that position. Replacement level being the average bench player at the position in question. So for example in this league there's 14(teams)*4(C slots) = 56 starting C position. "Replacement level" would be average production of centers ranked 57-70. I probably should take multiposition players in account and lower the replacement level a little bit, but haven't seen the need to bother so far.

So for example Bulldogs in this league at C.

Player GP
    Couture Logan 76
    Dubinsky Brandon 67
    Ennis Tyler 75
    Plekanec Tomas 81
    Replacement lvl 29
    Total 328
    Very nice. You definitely have put some good thought into those calculations. Guess it's now up to me to prove them wrong (at least for my team) if I want to move up a league next season.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    What I do is fill all the teams with starting position players and move multieligible players around trying to get balanced lineup if possible. Then projected GP totals are summed up and remaining games left over under max GP are filled with "replacement" level player at that position. Replacement level being the average bench player at the position in question. So for example in this league there are 14(teams)*4(C slots) = 56 starting C slots. "Replacement level" would be the average production of centers ranked 57-70. I probably should take multieligible players into account and lower the replacement level a little bit, but haven't seen the need to bother so far.

So for example Bulldogs in this league at C.

Player GP
    Couture Logan 76
    Dubinsky Brandon 67
    Ennis Tyler 75
    Plekanec Tomas 81
    Replacement lvl 29
    Total 328
    Could probably take what the bench player on their team would get for those missed games.. Though not all teams have bench players for each position
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I noticed that when we have a successful waiver claim (which are processed on Monday) that the player is not applied to our team until Tuesday (one day later). This is due to the "Roster Changes = Daily - Tomorrow" setting.

Is there a reason why teams have to wait an additional day to start using a player? Seems like if we have to wait potentially up to a week (and even spend waiver money) to obtain, it would be nice to have immediate access to the player upon successful waiver.

Although I guess there could be benefit to the roster delay...especially in the event of a late in the day trade that could potentially interfere with a team's set roster for the night.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mo View Post
    I noticed that when we have a successful waiver claim (which are processed on Monday) that the player is not applied to our team until Tuesday (one day later). This is due to the "Roster Changes = Daily - Tomorrow" setting.

Is there a reason why teams have to wait an additional day to start using a player? Seems like if we have to wait potentially up to a week (and even spend waiver money) to obtain, it would be nice to have immediate access to the player upon successful waiver.

Although I guess there could be benefit to the roster delay...especially in the event of a late in the day trade that could potentially interfere with a team's set roster for the night.
    I'll answer your question here but I would appreciate future settings/issue-related questions to remain on your league page.

The main answer I can give you is a simple one - it's always been this way. It's not something I had considered before and in my experience playing in these leagues (this is my first year running it), I haven't seen any overwhelming desire to change the 'tomorrow' setting after making a claim. So for myself, and I assume previous commissioners, there wouldn't be a sudden change in settings if it hadn't been brought up as an issue before.

That being said, I plan on creating a feedback thread in every league later in the season to allow for everyone to add their thoughts on the league, make suggestions etc. I will consider all suggestions for next year, however there would have to be a desire for change in all leagues. Perhaps others hadn't really thought about it so by you suggesting it, it could start a good discussion about it.

Thanks for your question, it's a fair one.

The Wolverine

First standings update of the season - Nov 12, 2016:

The Wolverine

Standings update - December 10, 2016:

The Wolverine

Christmas standings update - December 26, 2016:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The mullet is getting longer and the climb in the standings is officially underway!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mo View Post
    The mullet is getting longer and the climb in the standings is officially underway!
    Yep, you've made some great progress in the past few weeks for sure!

The Wolverine

Standings update - January 29, 2017:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Seems like The Kessel Run is just untouchable this season! I suppose having a goalie tandum of Hotlby/Rask can help do that for you. My team is proof what drafting the NYI and Dallas goalie tandums will do for you (oops).

The Wolverine

Standings update - February 19, 2017:

Dobber Sports Sage

I need to change my team name... no longer basement dwellers :/
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

The Wolverine

Standings update - March 4, 2017:

The Wolverine

Kessel Run hanging on but can Sabrecats make a move to reduce the gap?