Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Dobber Entry - Smythe League

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: 2016/17 Dobber Entry - Smythe League

i'm actually quite happy how my team is considering i was on autopick. shocked mcd, eichel and barkov fell to me in rounds 1,4 and 5. i was planning on punting centers, since it's the deepest position, but no complaints getting those guys. i had them ranked much lower than their yahoo rankings. plus, i got tyler johnson later, so my centers are all awesome!
    and i love my goalies - jones, talbot and korpisalo.
    made a last minute decision to bump OEL up a few notches. decided to made sure i get a top 5 dman early. would have had mackinnon otherwise (originally had mack higher, and he got taken a few picks after i took OEL). let's see how that one turns out. i got hedman and jones as well, whom i expect a lot out of as well.
    almost all my wingers wound up being upside picks. that being said, if anyone wants to send an offer for guys like burakovsky, ehlers or duclair, my ears are open. not giving them away, but it's a few too many sophomores for my liking. zibanejad's another upside pick, so it's a bit too much for me.
    the only downside from the autopick is that in later rounds, my team got a ton of players who's value is mostly hits. so if anyone wants to improve their hits category, let me know. i've got komarev, wilson, ferland, gudas, johns, borowiecki. most likely i'll hold on to the dmen and make the forwards available.

it's gonna be real fun going up against some of the top fantasy players on this site. and if this is the best fantasy site in the world, then i guess that means some of the best fantasy players in the world! i'll take eskimo brother over scott cullen any day of the week!

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll give my little recap too.
    My queue was emptying at a record pace too. Had to be really adaptive because runs did not go where I thought they would. Even forsbergfan on auto pick managed to grab a bunch of the guys I wanted.
    I took a goalie (Holtby) in the first round, which I basically never do. I waited on Dmen, which I also never do. I have a few top Cs, which wasn't my plan. And holy crap are my RWs thin. It seemed like anytime I put 6 in my queue after one pick, they were all gone by the end of the round. I just couldn't get anywhere with them. That being said, I'm still decently happy with my team. I got Subban in round 2 where I wanted him, I got Patches and Ry Jo in rounds 3/4 like I hoped.
    All in all though it was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the season.
    I'm just hoping you guys don't start putting up trade offers here for advice that I will answer before I realize they're offers you're going to send to me
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Draft results added to the first two posts.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Projected standings

Rank Team Skater pts Goalie pts Total pts
    1 Goals Gone Wild 50 35 85
    2 NickPaulMartinJones 64 19 83
    3 Ingolo 55 27 82
    4 ChilePuck's Team 47 35 82
    5 Laendarian 49 27 76
    6 I live in an igloo 50 26 76
    7 Denver Danglers 62 13 75
    8 theslymonkey's Team 45 24 69
    9 Assassin's On Ice 39 24 63
    10 Streit Outta Compton 49 10 59
    11 More Cowbell 35 18 53
    12 Sloe Gin Fizz 27 23 50
    13 666 29 21 50
    14 forsbergfan 29 13 42

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Eskimo - I here you, I was scrambling trying to get RWs late in the draft. Funny how that happened....

My 5 cents - My strategies vary depending where I draft. If early then I take an elite forward. If in the middle (in this case I was drafting 7 out of 15) I will try to get an elite forward if they fall to me. If I am drafting late (say after 10-11) then I will take an elite D first and then a goalie.

Either way, the first 3 rounds I will almost always draft elite D, G, and F - not in that order though. D are incredibly important in one year ROTO leagues. Basically the first round gets rid of the elite Fs, so you can still get really good Fs in rounds 4, 5, and 6..... anyway, this draft did not go how I wanted it to, but then again, how often does a draft go the way you want it to?

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm gonna enjoy what is probably the one day all season that I'm in first place!!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I'm gonna enjoy what is probably the one day all season that I'm in first place!!!
    I'm trying to keep in perspective that I have played so few games so far. Hopefully that helps me catch up to you soon enough
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Stud

All right guys, the season's been long enough. I say we just end the league today. Anyone else on board?

Dobber Sports Titan

All right guys, the season's been long enough. I say we just end the league today. Anyone else on board?
    I want one more game out of my Nashville guys first!

Dobber Sports Titan

Already starting to run away with the hits category. If anyone feels they need a bit of a boost there, then let me know and we'll see if there's a deal to be made.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well my goalie strategy is not working out hugely well. Looking to trade for one, and no, Holtby cannot be part of the return, as that would be a little bit counterproductive for me.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Well my goalie strategy is not working out hugely well. Looking to trade for one, and no, Holtby cannot be part of the return, as that would be a little bit counterproductive for me.
    Seems to be my weakest categories too. Who woulda a thunk Schneider and the Canes duo would be so poor

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Seems to be my weakest categories too. Who woulda a thunk Schneider and the Canes duo would be so poor
    my tandem of jones and Talbot are running away with the goalie categories. my offense could use some help, but if I was to trade one of them, i'd still need a quality goalie coming back.

Dobber Sports Titan

my tandem of jones and Talbot are running away with the goalie categories. my offense could use some help, but if I was to trade one of them, i'd still need a quality goalie coming back.
    Does Smith qualify as "quality" when he's back off the IR?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Does Smith qualify as "quality" when he's back off the IR?
    nope.