Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Dobber Entry - Smythe League

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 2016/17 Dobber Entry - Smythe League

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    great advice! although my problem is not waking up, the problem is the lack of sleep and then having to work the whole day! so it doesn't really solve the problem. i think my autopick should be good enough, though, but obviously it's a disadvantage.

Tell the boss you got caught in a "Draft" and you picked up a bug and don't want to risk making everyone else sick.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just did a mock draft with 14 teams drafting at #7. My team looked great - to me anyway. However, with all these experienced managers in this division I am sure things will not go the way I want them to. But hey, that's what makes these drafts so fun !!

Where is everyone drafting from? I'm in Santiago, Chile. Fortunately no time difference with the east coast....

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm in BC Canada. I also did a mock draft for kicks and was hoping to get a clue from it but it was mostly autopicked. There are some real bad ass GMs in this group, I'll be happy to not finish last

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    I'm in BC Canada. I also did a mock draft for kicks and was hoping to get a clue from it but it was mostly autopicked. There are some real bad ass GMs in this group, I'll be happy to not finish last
    Don't worry, I get to be the guy who keeps letting great picks drop into EB's lap. Can't wait for this draft, going to be one of my favorite pools this season for sure! Definitely the one that I interact (indirectly) with the other GMs the most too!
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This will be a great pool. Really looking forward to be involved with people that know what they are doing. Just wondering if Dobber will do the Dobbernomics pool as well ? Probably that's for another thread....

I'm at #9, right before Ingolo & EB, two of the guys in this league with the most Dobberposts. If we assume that's a Fancy Stat that portrays expertise, my draft objective is to steal a few and make them to exclaim curses or call me names. Unfortunately, in the even rounds I'm behind them, so I expect to be on the receiving end of that too. However, you will not hear me curse because I will pretend it didn't upset me and will quickly move on like nothing happened.

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Titan

You guys are hilarious. I expect to have a lot of guys stolen from me. Should be a fun draft!
    Drafting out of London, Ontario myself.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm pretty excited too, because I've got the whole day off. I've already promised to make dinner (although I do that any time I'm home for dinner) and give the baby a bath so that my wife will do bedtime and deal with any wakeups while we're drafting! Parenthood is all about compromise, right?
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther

The Wolverine

Draft tonight! Hope you're all ready!

Good luck and have fun!

Dobber Sports Stud

okay guys, leave me some good players so my autopick could work out. I might be around for the end of the draft.

Dobber Sports Ace

Alright. Baby is fed, my dinner's just about ready, picked up a 12 pack. Is it nine yet?
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    15 Player Farm Team

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well that was kind of intense. Was totally stymied a couple of times as my queue disappeared rather quickly. It's going to a close season, best everyone stays on top of their lineups! Good luck to all.

Dobber Sports Star

Results?

Maybe I'll get around to posting my lineup tomorrow, feeling like warmed over pig slop right now but not real happy with my draft and I checked the standings as I was going along based on projected stats and was in first for quite awhile before ending second so I think that aspect is caca poo poo because I'm not really happy with the team.

Kind of windy and miserable out here in the sticks so I got disconnected a few times as well. Time will tell I guess as far as who finishes where. I would say that virtually every round the player i targeted was taken a few picks or right before I was up.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Results?
    I'll get the entire draft results up soon - to be added onto the first two posts.