Thread: Drop Bogaerts?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Drop Bogaerts?

Have a bye this week so I'm waiting for my opponents to battle it out....but reviewing my team now and holy crap Xander Bogaerts has been pretty mediocre/bad for a while now.

If there is a guy like Kang on the wire and he's still mashing by the end of the week, would you make the swap for the playoffs?

Even just post all star: 53 games, 36 runs, 8 HR, 27 RBI, 15 BB, .252
    Pre all star: 85 games, 65 runs, 10 HR, 56 RBI, 34 BB, .329

I know it's Bogaerts.....but SS is probably the deepest position in the league and I already own Bregman and have to figure out what to do with Diaz coming off DL.

Just figured I'd ask one more question as the season dies down

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Drop Bogaerts?

In a single year league... in playoffs... if there is an awesome option on the bench... I would.

In a keeper league... never!

Dobber Sports Titan

It's something to consider in a 1 year league. Boston has still been doing well in general though, and I don't see why he can't bounce back soon. I don't think I would, just because he has the ceiling to be able to win you a week. It also seems like whenever I pick up a hot player, they cool off immediately, and it doesn't do me any good.

The funniest thing is that his HR rate is actually better...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It's something to consider in a 1 year league. Boston has still been doing well in general though, and I don't see why he can't bounce back soon. I don't think I would, just because he has the ceiling to be able to win you a week. It also seems like whenever I pick up a hot player, they cool off immediately, and it doesn't do me any good.

The funniest thing is that his HR rate is actually better...
    All very true stuff. Just wanted to throw it out there given SS is so damn deep now.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    In a single year league... in playoffs... if there is an awesome option on the bench... I would.

In a keeper league... never!
    No definitely single year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah. It is an interesting proposition. Do you need an add elsewhere, and is there really anyone better in the FA list?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yeah. It is an interesting proposition. Do you need an add elsewhere, and is there really anyone better in the FA list?
    "Better" long term...no...but only 2 weeks after this and if I go only by Yahoo ranks in the last 14 days....these guys are all inside the top 50:

Pence
    Kiermaier
    Simmons
    Santana
    Kang
    Gomez

Dobber Sports Titan

Pence is the only one I could see being worth the while. He's like Letang. Misses so much time, but great when he plays.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hopefully you kept Bogaerts! His back is starting to look like it did at the start of the season!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hopefully you kept Bogaerts! His back is starting to look like it did at the start of the season!
    Lol I did....I was on bye last week so wasn't making any moves til Sunday.

Already lost one semi but now in another one that started a week later.