Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EA Sports NHL '17

Dobber Sports Icon

Default EA Sports NHL '17

Has anyone played it yet? I don't have an Xbox so I don't have EA Access. Just wondering what people's thoughts on the new game are. I will be buying it on Tuesday for the 24th straight year.

Administrator

Default Re: EA Sports NHL '17

24 years... Wow! I remember buying some editions for PC until they discontinued that platform... Still my favorite game though
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Giant

2015 was a flop, loved 2016. I think 2017 will build on last year. Scoring a goal at home in Montreal and having the real Home-ice song play in the background is priceless to me!

I think they improved on the physics as they tend to do every year but most of the new stuff is related to the depth of the game from what I've heard.

PS: Kudos for having a copy of the game from it's very beginnings to now (I too am part of that club). I still have my Genesis copy with the big yellow plastic label on the side

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

I think they’re going into too much detail with the GM mode and concession stand prices. I do like how you can relocate tho
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

I got almost every year until 2015,2016,2017 i never bought. gave my ps3 away and never bothered on getting a ps4. I still remember the morning of 2014 getting released, going to Zellars and seeing 5 other hockey nerds waiting outside 7 in the morning with coffee in hand lol. I couldn't help but laugh.

NHL 14 was my favorite. I got up to level 68

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Oh how I wish I still had time to play these games. I have not been able to play since the Claude Giroux edition... oh how life changes!

The guys that have all 27 editions... I am jealous!

Dobber Sports Giant

On a side note, I would love for those of you who have NHL 16 on XBOX One to chime in on this as I popped mine in yesterday after I had deleted it from my hard drive (so no updates) and did a fantasy draft. I drafted Sebastian Aho with a late pick and noticed that the game listed him as a D! It really is him because his info states that he was a Carolina 2nd rounder and his picture depicts him. Not sure if this was fixed in an update and/or if other players have the wrong positional eligibility...
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

I just updated my '16 and Aho is still a D?!? I haven't seen any others wrongfully listed until now though. I wonder if '17 has any issues like this?

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I just updated my '16 and Aho is still a D?!? I haven't seen any others wrongfully listed until now though. I wonder if '17 has any issues like this?
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=152111 <--Finnish one
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=67208 <--Swedish one

There are two Sebastian Aho hockey players. One Finnish, and one Swedish. The Swedish one is a D, which is probably what you have found in the game.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=152111 <--Finnish one
    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=67208 <--Swedish one

There are two Sebastian Aho hockey players. One Finnish, and one Swedish. The Swedish one is a D, which is probably what you have found in the game.
    Bingo! Good find EB. The D listed in 16' is the Aho we all know since his player info states that he is a Finnish 2015 2nd round Carolina draftee. EA must have their $#!? mixed up but at least the error does have a certain truth to it.

Minors:

Banned

It's not great. Almost a carbon copy of last year. The announcers need to be nerfed.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm gonna buy the game at Christmas when it's on sale. I played the Beta and like Ev said it was pretty much a copy of last year's game.

I like the modifications they did to HUT, franchise and the new Draft Champion thing though.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Pro

I really like the updates to EASHL and Franchise mode. Biggest complaint is some of the random player rankings-- and no respect for top prospects. I think they need to start with a higher ranking instead of starting like a 73 (Pavel Zacha is better than a 73 IMO)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I really like the updates to EASHL and Franchise mode. Biggest complaint is some of the random player rankings-- and no respect for top prospects. I think they need to start with a higher ranking instead of starting like a 73 (Pavel Zacha is better than a 73 IMO)
    Rookies like Zacha tend to explode tho in their rankings through the yr when you play them in GM mode. Matthews and McDavid last yr start at like a 70 and end up being a 90 at the end of 1 season.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Funny story....just bought this on Black Friday to start an Online Franchise with some buddies....it doesn't exist on NHL anymore.

What in the F