Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 World Cup Thread

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2016 World Cup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Just a heads-up.
    Apparently, via ESPN's Projected Line-Ups, the Vancouver Canucks have some Russian player named Evgeni Kunetsov who had 77pts last year.
    Might be a good season for them.
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...fense-pairings
    Oh ESPN, thou entertains like no other.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Oh ESPN, thou entertains like no other.

E-Exasperatingly
    S-Stupid
    P-People
    N-Nightly
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Monster

I'll be watching Team NA and Canada the most, and a bit Finland to see Laine.

It's tough, because I don't support the Team NA idea long term. Consider the fact that McDavid and Matthews would still be forced to play for this team in four years time, if the format stays the same. Collect your money, then turn this into a real world cup. This league blathers on about expanding the game to places like the UK and China, and then they do this entirely short-sighted format. I'm okay to see this once, but if they want to truly replace the Olympics, drop the gimmicks. This goes beyond McDavid and Matthews; there are arguably several good American players who would have made USA, and it feels very weird that there is a Czech team but no Slovak team in this tournament. I also love the Swiss as a potential darkhorse team to pull an upset.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Does anyone happen to know if some of the games are being live-streamed online by any chance?
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    It's tough, because I don't support the Team NA idea long term. Consider the fact that McDavid and Matthews would still be forced to play for this team in four years time, if the format stays the same. Collect your money, then turn this into a real world cup. This league blathers on about expanding the game to places like the UK and China, and then they do this entirely short-sighted format. I'm okay to see this once, but if they want to truly replace the Olympics, drop the gimmicks. This goes beyond McDavid and Matthews; there are arguably several good American players who would have made USA, and it feels very weird that there is a Czech team but no Slovak team in this tournament. I also love the Swiss as a potential darkhorse team to pull an upset.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think they did the NA and Euro teams for the first one because they didn't have time to do qualifying tournament(s).
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Monster

So, looks like the players who didn't bow out because they stubbed their toe are in this tournament to win it. Pretournament games were shockingly intense one day one!

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think they did the NA and Euro teams for the first one because they didn't have time to do qualifying tournament(s).
    Yeah, and I think they definitely intended this first tourney to be a cashgrab. I hope they scrap the gimmicks for the next tournament, but if you watched Team NA flying tonight you have to wonder what their plans are. The early reactions is that most people love it. Too bad, because there's no way the NHL forces McDavid, Eichel and Matthews to play for Team NA in 2020.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    So, looks like the players who didn't bow out because they stubbed their toe are in this tournament to win it. Pretournament games were shockingly intense one day one!

Yeah, and I think they definitely intended this first tourney to be a cashgrab. I hope they scrap the gimmicks for the next tournament, but if you watched Team NA flying tonight you have to wonder what their plans are. The early reactions is that most people love it. Too bad, because there's no way the NHL forces McDavid, Eichel and Matthews to play for Team NA in 2020.
    Do we really know what the NHL would and wouldn't do after the glowing puck experiment?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I do like how there’s actual emotion in the game and it’s not like an All-Star game.

I also like seeing Auston Matthews. This tourney has done it’s trick on me and I’ll likely get an Auston Matthews jersey after the tournament hoping they go on sale.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

team NA odds went down to +1000 from +1200...maybe i should have bet more on them damn.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    team NA odds went down to +1000 from +1200...maybe i should have bet more on them damn.
    12:1... 10:1...
    The last Sportsnet article I forwarded to my hockey team had them at +2000 (20:1), mind you - that was late-July... but still... what oddsmaker missed the quality on that team!?!.
    I said that was a bargain price.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...ld-cup-hockey/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I created a pool for the World Cup of Hockey.

World Cup Of Hockey Championship Challenge

Dobber Sports Monster

Ryan O'Reilly replaces injured Tyler Seguin for Team Canada.

Dobber Sports Monster

ROR isn't going to lose Canada any games, that's for sure. No problem with this pick. Just gives more ice time to other offensive forwards, while ROR is for certain a fixture on the PK and defensive zone starts.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

I like the ROR pick. Great defensive forward who can chip in offensively.

The Great One

My second special cage match in honor of the WCOH is now live: http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...united-states/. This time it's the marquee first round match of Canada vs. USA - two teams who split their exhibition games. Check out the column as I go through six separate side-by-side comparisons to pick a winner. And like last week, I added several fantasy tidbits that will be of interest and importance to poolies even if they're among those who aren't jazzed about the match itself.

Note that the version posted now (8:30AM Eastern Wednesday 9/14) doesn't reflect O'Reilly being swapped in for Seguin. It doesn't change much (one less Cup win for Canada, two more golds, a slightly higher average age, but I sent Dobber a revised column so you might see a different version (same link) if you read this later.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/