Thread: Keep Jones or Crawford

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keep Jones or Crawford

Like the title says I am looking at keeping a goalie and it is between Crawford and Jones...my league info is in my sig...currently thinking Crawford should I stick with him or switch him out for Jones?
    Ghost Busted
    1O team/4 Keepers/H2H/Yahoo
    G/A/FOW/+-/PPP/SHP/HITS/W/GAA/SV%/SO/IR+
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Stamkos
    RW: Voracek, Eberle, Zibanejad
    LW: Benn, Schenn, E. Kane, Hoffman
    Defence: Klingberg, Ghost, Muzzin, Werenski
    Goalies: Jones, Bishop

The Great One

Default Re: Keep Jones or Crawford

Yeah Crawfprd is a sure thing on a sure thing team... I'm intrigued as to how Jones does after a shorter Summer and a heavier work load again (as the Sharks lack a back up right now) iirc the reason Reimer came in is that Jones had fallen off and I'm also not sure San Jose are as 'goog' as they were last year as I think at least Thornton takes a step back of not Burns and Vlasoc as well
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you are not sure of your keepers yet I would keep both.

Crawford, Jones, Klingberg, Kucherov would be my keepers.
    10 Team 25 Player Keeper League (5 Keeper)
    Forward/Defence - G/A= 1 PIM= .2
    Goalies - W= 2 SO= 5

F: Steven Stamkos, Nicklas Backstrom, Dylan Larkin, Ryan O'Reilly, Lee Stepniak, Mathieu Perreault, Milan Lucic, Kyle Palmieri, Antoine Roussel, Sam Bennett, Jason Zucker, Anthony Duclair, Anders Lee, Drew Stafford, Victor Rask, Antoine Vermette, Boone Jenner,

D: Ryan Suter, Keith Yandle, Johnny Boychuk, Matt Niskanen

G: Mark-Andre Fluery, Connor Hellebuyck, Semyon Varlamov, Frederik Andersen

IR:

Keepers: Stamkos, Backstrom, Fluery, Andersen, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Titan

Crawford over Jones. You have enough other talent that you don't have to keep 2 goalies, and in a 10 team league, with it being a third of the categories, I wouldn't recommend it.
    I would keep 3 of the four of Giroux, Kucherov, Kling, Josi. Then have Crawford as the fourth. You could also roll not keeping a goalie, and then target one or two with your higher picks.

In addition, I would put up on the block all of your players, including the skaters I mentioned, and see what the highest pick is that you could grab in return.
    You have 8 or 9 guys I would be happy keeping, so try to see what you can do in terms of consolidating. That would recoup a couple of higher picks and in turn allow you to be more flexible with what keeper strategy you have.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Agree re opening up the rest of your roster for trade - even include Jones and Crawford and have someone make the decision for you if the return warrants it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Crawford over Jones. You have enough other talent that you don't have to keep 2 goalies, and in a 10 team league, with it being a third of the categories, I wouldn't recommend it.
    I would keep 3 of the four of Giroux, Kucherov, Kling, Josi. Then have Crawford as the fourth. You could also roll not keeping a goalie, and then target one or two with your higher picks.

In addition, I would put up on the block all of your players, including the skaters I mentioned, and see what the highest pick is that you could grab in return.
    You have 8 or 9 guys I would be happy keeping, so try to see what you can do in terms of consolidating. That would recoup a couple of higher picks and in turn allow you to be more flexible with what keeper strategy you have.
    Excellent advice