Thread: Darling +Holden for Lack +C. Murphy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Darling +Holden for Lack +C. Murphy

For the team in my signature I have been offered Lack and C. Murphy for Darling and Holden.

Should I do this? C. Murphy is likely better than Holden but is more expensive and his cost goes up next season. Same with Lack being more expensive than Darling.

Is Crawford likely to be moved any time soon and does that potentially increase Darling's value. Going to assume that Lack will play more than Darling this season which benefits me to an extent unless he's horrible.

I have 4M in cap space with my projected lineup right now so the players can fit. Marchand is the only player who could have a big jump next season of those who will be UFA's and Spurgeon and Goligoski go up about 1M apiece. May have to get creative but obviously I have some players who won't be with the team next season, or sooner if I can help it.

Bottom line-good or bad trade for me.

Cheers
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Darling +Holden for Lack +C. Murphy

I think you win out on players, but I'm wondering if it's worth bothering with the extra dollars for such a marginal upgrade.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I think you have to remember that Johansson coming in to Chicago as a 29 year old SHL goalie of the year does cloudy up the Blackhawks crease this season and if he does anything it will be at Darling's detriment so maybe a chance to get out

i also have hopes for Murphy this season as it is year 4, he was always projected with so,e offensive upside and if we are going to see it I think now would be the time.

If if I have room to take the risks I probably do it....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sage

Just a note on Darling- He was not very good last year and I think the Hawks picked up Johansson to both challenge Darling this season and to make Darling available in the expansion draft. I definitely like the Lack side better of this trade.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks guys. Not a Stuntman12 level trade by any means but when trading a G or 4 a G I'm always leery that the one I trade will blow up(in a good way) and the one I receive will blow up(in a bad way).

Any thoughts on the potential games played split between Ward and Lack. Will be at least partially dependent on performance of course but I've always felt in Carolina there is a "loyalty" if you will to Ward, much akin to what I see every year here in WPG with Ondrej Pathetlic where if he's healthy he's the #1 regardless of performance. Imagine that if all 4 are healthy in CHI and CAR that Lack stands a chance to play more than Darling.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

The Great One

I think Ward's new contract makes it more likely that the 'splits' are closer than before as they aren't committing as much to him - I still think Ward starts more (50-30) but think Lack can 'earn' more
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I think you have to remember that Johansson coming in to Chicago as a 29 year old SHL goalie of the year does cloudy up the Blackhawks crease this season and if he does anything it will be at Darling's detriment so maybe a chance to get out

i also have hopes for Murphy this season as it is year 4, he was always projected with so,e offensive upside and if we are going to see it I think now would be the time.

If if I have room to take the risks I probably do it....
    I'm tossing on this one. I so agree with Sulla on Connor M but geez with cap implications EB is right too. Why bother.