Thread: Yahoo Position Changes -- league w/o FOW -- wings more valuable?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yahoo Position Changes -- league w/o FOW -- wings more valuable?

before the recent Yahoo position eligibility changes my keepers were set:

McDavid - C
    Seguin - C/RW
    MacKinnon - C/RW
    Kucherov - RW
    Duchene - C/LW
    Vasilevskiy - G

-------------
    AFTER

McDavid - C
    Seguin - C
    MacKinnon - C/RW
    Kucherov - RW
    Duchene - C
    Vasilevskiy - G

three C's really take away flexibility (we start 2 c, 2 lw, 2 rw, 4 d, 1 g) .. Thinking about swapping duchene for another player as a keeper. Potential options:

Huberdeau - LW
    Ehlers - LW/RW
    Shattenkirk - D
    Dubnyk - G (good goalies available in draft::: Allen, Varlemov, MAF, Murrey, Talbot)
    RNH - C
    Palat - LW

thoughts??

The Great One

Default Re: Yahoo Position Changes -- league w/o FOW -- wings more valuable?

I,would have been keeping Ehlers over Duchene before the changes... I'd also be keeping Dubnyk before Vas
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I will piggy back here if you do not mind. How much more value would you assign in a draft to a LW/RW player. I just skimmed thru and there are not many out there now.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

The Great One

Depends on league and tram structure and categories... Personally I always go BPA and sort out positions via trade after (if the difference is marginal then I consider position)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

If you are playing to win this year, I keep Dubnyk over Vas. Or drop them both and draft a goalie. I also like Huberdeau more than Ehlers for next year.

Dobber Sports Titan

I would keep any of Shattenkirk, Ehlers or Dubnyk over Duchene, but it's tough to say which without your league information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    I will piggy back here if you do not mind. How much more value would you assign in a draft to a LW/RW player. I just skimmed thru and there are not many out there now.
    Though I do agree with Sulla that it is best to go BPA, it is nice to target at least one or two multi position guys to have some flexibility.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I look at what spots a guy is eligible at to figure out his value. A guy who fills stats an multi-position eligible gives you a somewhat higher value, unless the two positions have very similar values on the lowest starting player in a lineup. C/?W boosts the wings more than LW/RW seems to; Burns/Byfuglien with defense/forward eligibility was helpful as well.

Still not baseball where a guy get a bit of time at shortstop and he become way more valuable in season.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like huberdeau over Duchene. I am so bummed out with all these players losing their wing position (Seguin, Johansen, Giroux, Couture, Kuznetsov, etc...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The fools at Yahoo need to fix the positions issue. Taking sequin for example and removing RW when he's had it for years and actually plays on the wing as much as he plays center is idiotic. Its destroys your keepers and is unacceptable when the player plays in both positions. There are forums there post your comments and get them to change it. They specifically said they wouldn't remove positions. take a look at the thread.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/2...on-eligibility

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Here is a list of players that were changed if this helps anybody:

https://www.nhl.com/news/fantasy-hoc...?tid=277729150
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm a few days away from having to submit my keepers. I narrowed it down to Huberdeau LW vs Duchene C. As of right now I'm leaning towards Huberdeau since I have either 1st or 2nd pick in the upcoming draft, lottery draft will be done in a few days.. That in mind if I keep Duchene and than select Matthews with one of those picks it will put me in a tough situation going into the year with 4 solid C's in a format where you start 2 C each night. should position flexibility impact value significantly enough that I should be keeping Huberdeau over Duchene? As mentioned I was set with Duchene over Huberdeau going into the year (before Yahoo positions changes happened)
    12 Team - 17 Players
    6 Keepers league w/Yahoo

C: Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel,
    LW: Andrei Svechnikov
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Mitchell Marner
    D:
    G: Andrei Vasilevskiy

(G) 3 (A) 2 (+/-) 0.5 (PIM) 0.5 (PPP) 1 (SHG) 1 (GWG) 2
    (Shots) 0.1 (W) 3 (GA) -1 (SV) 0.2 (SHO) 5

2013-2014 Champion
    2017-2018 Champion
    2018-2019 Champion