Thread: Keep 12- League rules in signature

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Keep 12- League rules in signature

The goalie saga continues. I'm pretty certain who I'm keeping for my players so far, just still deciding what to do in net. Do I take both Halak and Greiss in this situation? I have no idea what the Islanders are doing in goal this year, but Greiss had the better year and is more durable. I also have Matt Murray and JF Berube on my farm. If you have any opinions on my other keepers that you think should be changed, feel free to state your opinion. Thanks! Happy Friday
    C- Tavares, Monahan, B.Schenn(C,LW) Draisaitl Coyle(C,RW), Eichel

LW- Palat, Kunitz, Beleskey, Stempniak (LW,RW)

RW- Toffoli(C,RW),Kucherov, Okposo ,Wingels(C,RW)

D- Yandle, Rielly,Niskanen,Goligoski,Edler,Polak

G- Halak, Griess,Fleury

Farm- M.Barzal, C.Keller, K.Bellows, J.Anderson, Rattie, E.Gustafsson, M.Murray(G) JF Berube(G)

12 Team Keeper League 8 make playoffs. Keep 12 including goalies.8 farm players(under 100 games for players/under 70 for goalies) Max 2 goalies on farm. Head to Head. 5 waiver moves/week.

Player Categories- G-A-P-+/- -PIM-PPP-SOG-HITS-BLK
    Goalie Categories- W-GA-GAA-SV-SA-SV%-SHO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Keep 12- League rules in signature

Get better goalies and another multicat D. I'm not convinced Murray is going to live up to the hype. He looked shaky throughout the playoffs and I think he got lucky with having a team that could limit the amount of SOG. You have a lot of trade bait to use to secure a better starter.

Dobber Sports Novice

well yeah, that's the logical scenario.. but it's been tough to come by any goalies in our league...just saying if it comes down to not being able to land a goalie before our keep submission, who would you keep?

G- Halak, Griess,Fleury

Farm- M.Barzal, C.Keller, K.Bellows, J.Anderson, Rattie, E.Gustafsson, M.Murray(G) JF Berube(G)

12 Team Keeper League 8 make playoffs. Keep 12 including goalies.8 farm players(under 100 games for players/under 70 for goalies) Max 2 goalies on farm. Head to Head. 5 waiver moves/week.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm not sold of M.Murray either. I'd put him in the perfect to Sell HIGH right now.
    Shop around for a real starter. Maybe work out a package deal?
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Kabonov View Post
    I'm not sold of M.Murray either. I'd put him in the perfect to Sell HIGH right now.
    Shop around for a real starter. Maybe work out a package deal?

Yup!

The Great One

Daily or weekly settings? Start 1G or 2G?

If it's daily settings and start 2G, I'd be tempted to gamble on Halak and Smith, using M Murray for spot starts. If it's start 1G, then I lock up the Islander duo and just roll with them for the year. I'm also higher on Murray then the others here. What more can you ask from the guy at this point, and great situation - likely - after this year.

And to those telling you to trade for a better goalie, I have additional advice. Also trade for McDavid and Ovechkin and Crosby and Karlsson.

Dobber Sports Novice

It's a daily start 2G. Hahah yeah I'd love to make those moves, and have tried upgrading a lot... but it's just not possible all the time. Took over this team 6-7 years ago, and they were last place... with Nabokov and Niklas Backstrom as my goalies.. I don't believe I had a single one of my current keepers on my original team I took over. Been very active, but still haven't had luck in the goalie department.

G- Halak, Griess,Fleury

The Great One

Then yes keep Greiss and Halak
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

What are the 12 prospect goalies that are rostered in your league? I ask because I'm not sure that Berube is a top 12 prospect goalie.

Also, can you compete this year? If you can make the playoffs, or whatever, I'd still go with Halak and Smith to maximize my starts. If your goalies are going to keep you in the toilette, and there is no deals to be made, only then do I stick with the Islander duo. Grieses could be somewhere else next year, but not sure he'll find a starting job. And Halak - what a frustrating own....

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think there can be 24 prospect goalies on the farm.

With that setup, I think you toss all the non-farm goalies in, and hope to do better in the draft. You have 5 waiver moves a week, so I'd draft somewhat goalie-heavy, and waiver moves the same way, aggressively trying to fix the problem.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.