Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gibson/ Allen full starters or tandem?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Gibson/ Allen full starters or tandem?

Hi I'm drafting for goalies. Available are: Gibson, Allen, Lundqvist, Fleury, Mrazek

Points is:
    Game Start: 1pt
    Win: 3pt
    Shutout: 2pt
    Goales Against: -0.25pt
    Saves: 0.1pt

So I'm obviously looking for a starter goalie. My question is if Gibson and Allen will be starter goalies or if they'll be tandem goalies this season.

Ducks have Bernier, will he share the net with Gibson?

Allen seems like a starter since they traded Eliott away, but I haven't read anything to confirm

Lundqvist and MAF are also available...

How would you rank these choices?

Thanks!

The Great One

Default Re: Gibson/ Allen full starters or tandem?

Lundqvist

MAF
    Allen
    Gibson/Mrazek

Henke is top based on number of starts. MAF Wwill start less but will be motivated and has always posted great in season numbers. I think Hutton is likely to get less starts than Bernier but both Allen amd Gibson do run the risk of injury.

i don't like Zdetroit next season nor Mrazek's competition from Howard as his contract will guarantee him starts (even if it's just to showcase him)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

Lundqvist
    MAF
    Allen
    Mrazek
    Gibson

Lundqvist has the best situation, as he's really the only one without a red flag for injury risk or a quality backup.

Fleury still has the big contract, and was in net for just as many Stanley Cup victories as Murray, not to mention that he's always been a great regular-season tender.

Allen is in a great spot on a great team, so long as he can stay healthy. I'd take Hank or MAF over him though simply because I worry about Allen's BAB status.

Gibson and Mrazek are a tossup for me. I'd take Mrazek over Gibson if only because I expect him to play 55, whereas Gibson will only play that many if he stays healthy, which he hasn't been able to do. Howard will take some starts from Mrazek, but even last year he played his way out of the crease. Both Anaheim and Detroit are trending in the wrong direction, so I wouldn't want to hitch my boat to either teams' tender if there is another option.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Lundqvist
    MAF
    Allen
    Gibson
    Mrazek

I like most of Ingolo's points except I do think Gibson can be healthy enough to be more valuable than Mrazek with howard stealing starts from him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Lundqvist
    MAF
    Mrazek
    Allen/Gibson

Lundqvist is the best option here but MAF is a damn close 2nd for me. I have Mrazek ahead of Allen and Gibson, only because I trust him more to stay healthy compared to the other two, who in their short careers have proven that they can't stay healthy yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

Would it make a difference to you guys if I said this is a keeper league?

Lundqvist is 34 this year and hasn't performed that great last season (compared to his career) and may be on his way down

I'm not familiar with Gibson/ Allen or their injury history. Have they both been out for long periods of time in their careers?

Dobber Sports Monster

Keeper league you have to take Allen over Lundqvist...

On the injury front Gibson is particularly worrying...which is why I don't like him as much as a keeper. Allen has had some issues too but I think he's more proven and ready to carry the load

Allen
    Lundqvist
    MAF
    Gibson
    Mrazek

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post

Lundqvist is 34 this year and hasn't performed that great last season (compared to his career) and may be on his way down

I'm not familiar with Gibson/ Allen or their injury history. Have they both been out for long periods of time in their careers?
    I'd Still take Lundy first. He will still be good, and the man in NYR, for at least 3 more seasons, that is plenty of time to get another young goalie.

then I'd go:
    MAF (he will start somewhere next year, well hopefully)
    Mrazek/Allen/Gibson - Howard will steal starts with his contract but for how much longer can Det let him play when he is awful / Allen is good but yeah, injuries always derail him when he plays great - Not to mention Husso is waiting in the wings / Gibson will get hurt and Bernier will steal starts, and they have an awful coach in Carlyle.

For you, since you want the younger option I'd go Lund then Mrazek for me
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I'd Still take Lundy first. He will still be good, and the man in NYR, for at least 3 more seasons, that is plenty of time to get another young goalie.

then I'd go:
    MAF (he will start somewhere next year, well hopefully)
    Mrazek/Allen/Gibson - Howard will steal starts with his contract but for how much longer can Det let him play when he is awful / Allen is good but yeah, injuries always derail him when he plays great - Not to mention Husso is waiting in the wings / Gibson will get hurt and Bernier will steal starts, and they have an awful coach in Carlyle.

For you, since you want the younger option I'd go Lund then Mrazek for me
    This for me...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Icon

Lundqvist
    Fleury

Gibson

Mrazek

Allen

Dobber Sports Giant

Lundqvist
    MAF
    Allen
    Mrazek
    Gibson
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
    Not really. Keeper is very different than dynasty, and you don't mention a cap.

Gibson is an injury waiting to happen. There's a chance he's missed more career NHL games due to injury than Lundquist to date, and he's 11 years younger. Treat Gibson as a tandem goalie, because his body has shown that's a tandem body.

Allen hasn't proven he can't be a 60+ start keeper, but he hasn't done so. This is first real shot at it, though.

Forgot your list:

Lundquist
    Allen
    Fleury/Mrazek
    (gap)
    Gibson

You count wins heavily, which hurts Mrazek. Counting wins & not counting SV% really helps Fleury.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Not really. Keeper is very different than dynasty, and you don't mention a cap.

Gibson is an injury waiting to happen. There's a chance he's missed more career NHL games due to injury than Lundquist to date, and he's 11 years younger. Treat Gibson as a tandem goalie, because his body has shown that's a tandem body.

Allen hasn't proven he can't be a 60+ start keeper, but he hasn't done so. This is first real shot at it, though.

Forgot your list:

Lundquist
    Allen
    Fleury/Mrazek
    (gap)
    Gibson

You count wins heavily, which hurts Mrazek. Counting wins & not counting SV% really helps Fleury.
    I'm kind of with this though I must say without further clarification that some people (myself included) can sometimes use the words keeper and dynasty interchangeably..

It is a tough call to make, as it depends on how you want to set your team up. Are you eyeing more to win now or are you ok to suffer some short term pain for longer gain?

In the parameters you've given so far, I would go:

Lundqvist
    Allen
    Mrazek
    Gibson
    Fleury

Fleury is a very good goaltender, but I wouldn't touch that situation with a ten foot pole if I could avoid it and grab one of those other guys on the list. Mrazek is a star in the making and Howard, while he has a heavy contract, is no real threat to him in the long-run and as soon as the trade deadline this year.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks- yeah it is a dynasty league, meaning we'd be looking to 'keep' our players for over a year - several years. Isn't that a 'keeper league'?

There is no cap for the league

The Great One

For a discussion of keeper versus dynasty, see here: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...versus+dynasty

In general, you'll get better answers if you provide VERY SPECIFIC details on the settings in your league. (ie, number of teams, number of starters at each position, daily/weekly, roto/H2H/straight points, how many keepers, any special rules for rookiers, cap/no cap etc etc)

And welcome to the site