Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Acquiring Chuckie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Acquiring Chuckie

Trying to snag Chuckie from a manager who wants to make a deal that doesn't involve him getting prospects or picks, he wants players who can help him now (especially since he didn't do that great this season). The manager who has chuckie, his team looks like this:

Forwards: Anisimov, Lindberg, Schwartz, Brett Sutter, Toews, Armia, Baertschi, Eichel, Eriksson, Chuckie, Holland, Jenner, Krejci, H Sedin, J Staal, Wheeler,
    Defense: Goligoski, Gunnarsson, S Johns, Pietrangelo, DeMelo, Irwin, Severson
    Goalies: Schneider, Pavelec

Prospects: Ashton, Beaudin, Bunting, Descheneau, Fischer, Haggerty, F Hamilton, Hartman, Ho-Sang, Holmstrom, Hunt, Khokhlachev, Morrison, Warren, Brennan, Donovan, Lindell, Oesterle, Percy, Siemens, Spencer, Svedberg, Theodore, Aittokallio, Coreau, Driedger, Laurikainen, McDonald, Ortio, Treutle

He also has the 7th overall pick, and the 7th pick in rounds 2 5 6 and 7

I am sure you are familiar with my team already but just in case:

Beau Bennet ($800,000)
    Andrew Cogliano (2.9mil)
    Brett Connolly (1.025mil)
    Michael Frolik (5.5mil)
    Ryan Garbutt (1.025mil)
    Jonny Gaudreau (925,000)
    Erik Haula (950,000)
    Phil Kessel (6mil)
    Adam Lowry (925,000)
    Evgeni Malkin (9.5mil)
    William Nylander (832,500)
    Jakub Voracek (4.25mil)
    Kevin Klein (3mil)
    Slater Koekkoek (925,000)
    Dmitry Orlov (1.75mil)
    Andrey Pedan (792,500)
    P.K. Subban (7mil)
    Matt Calvert (1.5mil)
    David Desharnais (3.5mil)
    Mark Letestu (1.8mil)
    Riley Nash (1.15mil)
    Drew Stafford (4.35mil)
    Jay Bouwmeester (5.6mil)
    John-Michael Liles (2.75mil)
    Mark Stuart (3.3mil)
    Carey Price (7mil)
    Devan Dubnyk (5mil)
    Eddie Lack (1.3mil)

Prospects: Aberg, Amadio, Clark Bishop, Brassart, Cornel, Dzingel, Adam Erne, Fiala, Gourde, Ikonen, Jensen, Kaprizov, Khaira, Kosmachuk, Kuhnhackl, Lehkonen, Leipsic, Lyubimov, McCarron, Palushaj, Pelletier, Pollock, Salomaki, Ully, Carlo, Culkin, DeAngelo, V Dunn, Ebert, Gavrikov, Hache, Harrington, Pokka, Pouliot, Valiev, Weegar, Jarry, Fucale, Mazanec, Michalek. Picks 12th in rounds 3-7

I had sent him a, admittedly not so great initial offer of Haula and Frolik for him which he obviously declined. Thinking of throwing him Voracek if it meant getting Chuckie+, maybe someone like Anisimov, Wheeler, or possible Schwartz. What is your guys take on a decent offer? I could stand to lose some cap space as well (i.e. Stafford, Bouwmeester, etc) and he is in need of defense as well so there could be something to work out
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Acquiring Chuckie

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but who is Chuckie?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

Galchenyuk, it might be spelled Chucky but that's what I mean ha

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

The Great One

im glad this wasn't just me lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not sure I have ever heard him called that! Good to know for future.
    Vorachek for Galchenyuk/Schwartz would seem like a pretty fair deal to me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Not sure I have ever heard him called that! Good to know for future.
    Vorachek for Galchenyuk/Schwartz would seem like a pretty fair deal to me.

Haha really? I honestly don't know where I had heard/read it from but I just have always known him to be nicknamed that since he "sort of" looks like Chucky from the horror movies lol

That's the trade offer I was thinking of as well, I think Galy is somewhat of a sleeper, in a sense, right now since he had some nice chemistry later on in the season and and should be top C on MTL

Minors:

Dobber Sports Ace

Maybe I'm wrong and I admit I didn't go and check league cats etc, but I don't think I'd trade my Galch (not chucky lol) for Voracek let alone add in a Schwartz.

Voracek had the one huge year but other than that, he's been good but not great. Galch could pull a 30-30 + this year which IMO, is more than Voracek can do

Dobber Sports Titan

He definitely has a breakout coming up that a lot of people are pegging. See what the other owner says to it.

To answer Roenick, I have Voracek ahead because he should get back up to 70+. His underlying numbers last year suggest extremely bad luck, in addition to the ice time boost he should get. It's also the expectation of paying for someone's ceiling/name value.

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong and I admit I didn't go and check league cats etc, but I don't think I'd trade my Galch (not chucky lol) for Voracek let alone add in a Schwartz.

Voracek had the one huge year but other than that, he's been good but not great. Galch could pull a 30-30 + this year which IMO, is more than Voracek can do
    He definitely has a breakout coming up that a lot of people are pegging. See what the other owner says to it.

To answer Roenick, I have Voracek ahead because he should get back up to 70+. His underlying numbers last year suggest extremely bad luck, in addition to the ice time boost he should get. It's also the expectation of paying for someone's ceiling/name value.
    Yeah he went with what Roenick said, he believes that Galch and Schwartz are studs and that getting just Vora back would be laughable. He desperately needs defense which is why he asked about Subban, as well as Gaudreau. I can't move Subban cause then I am straight lost on the defensive line, but Gaudreau is something to consider but I told him that Gaudreau and Vora for Galch and Schwartz is a win in his favor honestly. But it is a multi cat league and Gaudreau doesnt do much for peripherals. He suggested adding in Toews to the deal and asked what I would give in return but Toews brings along that $13.5mil contract which means me shedding a ton of cap that he would have to take over honestly

Minors:

Dobber Sports Ace

Idk. I normally agree with Eskimo but here I don't. Take out voraceks one big year and you have a 50-60ish point guy. I disagree. Even if he gets to 70 you can replace his assists elsewhere.

Also if this is a cap league in staying away from him anywhere near 10m

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Idk. I normally agree with Eskimo but here I don't. Take out voraceks one big year and you have a 50-60ish point guy. I disagree. Even if he gets to 70 you can replace his assists elsewhere.

Also if this is a cap league in staying away from him anywhere near 10m
    What would you suggest being a decent offer then? The other manager seems interested in Gaudreau but I can't give too much just for the hype that I personally have in a player like Galch.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

Completely fair. I wasn't taking the cap into account, which really could swing it. I still like the 70 points for Voracek, but I have been wrong before, we'll just have to wait and see.

As for Subban/Gaudreau, they are another tier above anyone in this conversation, even with the salaries.
    Toews is probably not worth getting in return from him either.

Dobber Sports Guru

How about Kessel? You get some cap dump, and the name might entice him.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

I feel like I've asked this before, but you don't have your league stats in your sig (I recommend you doing that). Just wondering if it's points only or multi-cat, and thus how much value Kessel would have?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    How about Kessel? You get some cap dump, and the name might entice him.
    I like the way you think

Completely fair. I wasn't taking the cap into account, which really could swing it. I still like the 70 points for Voracek, but I have been wrong before, we'll just have to wait and see.

As for Subban/Gaudreau, they are another tier above anyone in this conversation, even with the salaries.
    Toews is probably not worth getting in return from him either.
    I agree with you, i dont know what it is about this league that i am but these managers value their players extremely high and consider my players to be chump change to them. I am about to give up on this guy as well cause he keeps adding more to the trade than I would like. An example offer? My GAUDREAU SUBBAN VORACEK AND MALKIN for GALY SCHWARTZ TOEWS oh but he will throw in Lindberg and Baertschi just for kicks. OH and as an added bonus he is willing to deal the TOP CENTER for carolina in JORDAN STAAL who he thinks will have a blowout season despite the numbers showing his descent over the last few seasons.

Minors: