Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yeah I saw that Rundblad went back to the Swiss league a few days ago. Hoping the pick pans out - he was amazing in his short stint there. This league is really tough to find info on. Going to be a lot of darts thrown.
    Nice dart!! I was hoping he'd slip a bit, he could very well wipe is rear end with this league if last year is any indication, and I think he will. Rundblad will be back in the NHL at some point in the not to distant future.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Hey... the schedule date for the World Cup of Hockey is September 15? Should we up that to make sure we get it done before then... we already know who is playing and for a short tournament we want to be 100% sure we are done before it starts... in case Kovalchuk has a 6 point night in game one of the World Cup ( I know he is not on the roster...) but in the 7 game tournament it is quite a bit different than a full KHL season where that 6 point night will get equalized over the year.

Just a suggestion... cause we are getting on average 1 round done per day... so I think we want to make sure we start at least 10 days before the world cup starts to ensure we get the full 8 rounds in.

I realize there are other drafts that are supposed to start before then... so if draft order is a concern... just use the draft order that would have been the case if we kept following down the list?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Hey... the schedule date for the World Cup of Hockey is September 15? Should we up that to make sure we get it done before then... we already know who is playing and for a short tournament we want to be 100% sure we are done before it starts... in case Kovalchuk has a 6 point night in game one of the World Cup ( I know he is not on the roster...) but in the 7 game tournament it is quite a bit different than a full KHL season where that 6 point night will get equalized over the year.

Just a suggestion... cause we are getting on average 1 round done per day... so I think we want to make sure we start at least 10 days before the world cup starts to ensure we get the full 8 rounds in.

I realize there are other drafts that are supposed to start before then... so if draft order is a concern... just use the draft order that would have been the case if we kept following down the list?
    I was also thinking this.

I was also thinking this.
    And if we are still in the Swiss league and the Fin League and Swedish League (which are both supposed to start before the World Cup draft...) will picks be made slower if there are multiple drafts on at the same time? Theoretically they shouldn't be... but if one draft is on the way up, and one is on the way down... and both drafts are waiting for a guy to make a pick in the middle it could really slow things down...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I agree with you both, although I thought it started 17 Sep. Regardless, I will start a thread later tonight and send an email to all tonight letting everyone know that we are starting earlier and why. Yes to keeping the draft order as is, meaning DangerCat has the first pick in the World Cup draft. I hope everyone is ready - I just finished tweaking my team rankings today and have been trying to figure out a winning strategy.

Been working on my draft lists for Liiga and SHL today. Man, lots of transition goes on between the KHL, SHL, Liiga, Swiss and even Czech and German leagues.

I've also been working on the scoring template and I like how it's going so far. I ran the stats for the KHL, so you'll all see those when I send the spreadsheet out a little later tonight. It's nice to have the week off!

- - - Updated - - -

And if we are still in the Swiss league and the Fin League and Swedish League (which are both supposed to start before the World Cup draft...) will picks be made slower if there are multiple drafts on at the same time? Theoretically they shouldn't be... but if one draft is on the way up, and one is on the way down... and both drafts are waiting for a guy to make a pick in the middle it could really slow things down...
    Not much we can do if one guy is holding up multiple leagues other than to ask everyone to try their best to keep the many drafts moving. I will be sending emails to let people know it's their pick, if I see any delays that are on the long side.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm leaving Friday for 10 days on Vancouver Island (and some of the other islands there) with my family. I'll have internet access throughout my time there but may not be as speedy. Will do my best to leave lists when I can.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm leaving Friday for 10 days on Vancouver Island (and some of the other islands there) with my family. I'll have internet access throughout my time there but may not be as speedy. Will do my best to leave lists when I can.
    Thanks for letting us know. I think we can all appreciate that we can't be available immediately ALL of the time! If I can help with your picks, just let me know - I can post them if emailing or texting is easier for you or as you said, you can leave a short list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I agree with you both, although I thought it started 17 Sep. Regardless, I will start a thread later tonight and send an email to all tonight letting everyone know that we are starting earlier and why. Yes to keeping the draft order as is, meaning DangerCat has the first pick in the World Cup draft. I hope everyone is ready - I just finished tweaking my team rankings today and have been trying to figure out a winning strategy.

Been working on my draft lists for Liiga and SHL today. Man, lots of transition goes on between the KHL, SHL, Liiga, Swiss and even Czech and German leagues.

I've also been working on the scoring template and I like how it's going so far. I ran the stats for the KHL, so you'll all see those when I send the spreadsheet out a little later tonight. It's nice to have the week off!

- - - Updated - - -

Not much we can do if one guy is holding up multiple leagues other than to ask everyone to try their best to keep the many drafts moving. I will be sending emails to let people know it's their pick, if I see any delays that are on the long side.
    Sorry... I guess I didn't finish my thought... yest the World Cup starts the 17th... but the draft was scheduled to start on the 15th.

I would say we should start the draft right away... we know who is playing... and teams area already practicing... so yes, there is possibility of injury... but there is that in al of these drafts... how about making a rule that you can replace an injured player (as long as you replace D for D and same team for same team when realized... similar to the new rules in the Suisse league thread if a player has already been picked).

- - - Updated - - -

And no, I know there is nothing we can do if multiple drafts are being held up... I was just using it as an example to start the World Cup one soon.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I can also take a list for you if you would like when you are away. If you prefer leaving the list with someone at the opposite end of the draft, rather than right before/after you. (Not that the Comish is not trustworthy!) its just usually easier to have someone make the picks at the opposite end. And I am usually around the computer all day from 8 to 6. haha

Dobber Sports Ninja

[QUOTE=PenguinHunter;1661827]Sorry... I guess I didn't finish my thought... yest the World Cup starts the 17th... but the draft was scheduled to start on the 15th.

I would say we should start the draft right away... we know who is playing... and teams area already practicing... so yes, there is possibility of injury... but there is that in al of these drafts... how about making a rule that you can replace an injured player (as long as you replace D for D and same team for same team when realized... similar to the new rules in the Suisse league thread if a player has already been picked)./QUOTE]

Agreed on starting the World Cup draft right away. I've fired off the email and once I'm done here, I'll work on opening the draft thread.

I can also take a list for you if you would like when you are away. If you prefer leaving the list with someone at the opposite end of the draft, rather than right before/after you. (Not that the Comish is not trustworthy!) its just usually easier to have someone make the picks at the opposite end. And I am usually around the computer all day from 8 to 6. haha
    Heeeeyyyyy!! No offense taken - it's good to have options!

[QUOTE=The Comish;1661848]
    Sorry... I guess I didn't finish my thought... yest the World Cup starts the 17th... but the draft was scheduled to start on the 15th.

I would say we should start the draft right away... we know who is playing... and teams area already practicing... so yes, there is possibility of injury... but there is that in al of these drafts... how about making a rule that you can replace an injured player (as long as you replace D for D and same team for same team when realized... similar to the new rules in the Suisse league thread if a player has already been picked)./QUOTE]

Agreed on starting the World Cup draft right away. I've fired off the email and once I'm done here, I'll work on opening the draft thread.

Heeeeyyyyy!! No offense taken - it's good to have options!
    I didn't think there would be offense! but wanted to make sure! This is awesome pool! And I think Capermac needs to be tested for performance enhancing drugs with his huge lead in the KHL draft already. wow! He's got twice as many points as me

Dobber Sports Ninja

[QUOTE=PenguinHunter;1661863]

I didn't think there would be offense! but wanted to make sure! This is awesome pool! And I think Capermac needs to be tested for performance enhancing drugs with his huge lead in the KHL draft already. wow! He's got twice as many points as me
    Is the spreadsheet with scoring updated somewhere or did you just do it yourself?

Dobber Sports Ninja

[QUOTE=doulos;1661895]

Is the spreadsheet with scoring updated somewhere or did you just do it yourself?
    Just kicking it old school and doing it myself.

Dobber Sports Icon

[QUOTE=The Comish;1661924]

Just kicking it old school and doing it myself.
    I really hope for two things then: 1) You have lots of free time 2) You love spreadsheets as much as I do!

My thoughts on the WCOH Draft. I think it is best if we only have 1 pick from each team because that two teams that play in the finals could play 7 games in the tournament while half the teams will only play 3 games. That is a massive difference. I don't think this should be treated like a playoff pool in that picking the team to win the tournament is more important than picking the highest scoring player on each team.

[QUOTE=chuckcouples;1662017]

I really hope for two things then: 1) You have lots of free time 2) You love spreadsheets as much as I do!

My thoughts on the WCOH Draft. I think it is best if we only have 1 pick from each team because that two teams that play in the finals could play 7 games in the tournament while half the teams will only play 3 games. That is a massive difference. I don't think this should be treated like a playoff pool in that picking the team to win the tournament is more important than picking the highest scoring player on each team.
    Great points! I am on board with this. I prefer the original 8 (one from each team including 2 defense) more than the 10 players with a max 2 from a team.

I am looking forward to this draft and loving my 4th overall position or it... right around where I would like to be for a draft like this.