Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Do we know if we caught Caper before he went camping?? Or was he going camping first thing today?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Do we know if we caught Caper before he went camping?? Or was he going camping first thing today?
    I was talking with capermac yesterday on this and he said he would give me a short list for his final picks if it didn't make it to him before he had to go. I just checked and nothing from him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I was talking with capermac yesterday on this and he said he would give me a short list for his final picks if it didn't make it to him before he had to go. I just checked and nothing from him yet.
    Awesome... I like that he gave a list just in case he wasn't going to be around for a few days... that is awesome! REP for him!

Just a thought.... would it be beneficial to start the NHL draft right away? Since it is 30 rounds long? If we get through a round per day... which would be approximately the rate we went in the KHL draft we would be done a bit before the season started. If we wait too long to start the NHL draft... we could be two weeks into the season before we get complete. Like I said it is just a thought I am tossing out for discussion.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just a thought.... would it be beneficial to start the NHL draft right away? Since it is 30 rounds long? If we get through a round per day... which would be approximately the rate we went in the KHL draft we would be done a bit before the season started. If we wait too long to start the NHL draft... we could be two weeks into the season before we get complete. Like I said it is just a thought I am tossing out for discussion.
    I've thought about this, but we've got the Swiss, Liiga, SEL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL and World Cup drafts to get through first!! After all the picks are in for the KHL draft, I'll be putting something out to try and speed up the picks for future drafts. The NHL will likely need a slightly more aggressive schedule than the rest. I'm thinking of an actual set schedule where you have a half an hour window to make your pick or it's the next guys pick. You can make up your picks at any point after OR leave your pick or picks with me or someone else to post. I'm thinking on the details, but thankfully, the season doesn't start until mid-Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I've thought about this, but we've got the Swiss, Liiga, SEL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL and World Cup drafts to get through first!! After all the picks are in for the KHL draft, I'll be putting something out to try and speed up the picks for future drafts. The NHL will likely need a slightly more aggressive schedule than the rest. I'm thinking of an actual set schedule where you have a half an hour window to make your pick or it's the next guys pick. You can make up your picks at any point after OR leave your pick or picks with me or someone else to post. I'm thinking on the details, but thankfully, the season doesn't start until mid-Oct.
    Do we have to get through all those drafts before we start the NHL one? Most guys know the NHL players well enough that we could start it before we are through all of them? And there are going to be times that we have multiple drafts going at once... I figured it might lighten the load if we got the NHL one started during the hiatus between the KHL one and the other leagues starting up?

Another benefit of starting the NHL one early is that we will be a good chunk into it before guys are trying to coordinate nights in late September to do their regular NHL drafts.

Like I said I just am tossing ideas out, if they work and help out that's awesome, and if not, toss them in the junk pile... I will not get offended.

Dobber Sports Icon

Here's an idea for the NHL draft. Starting in round 3 (or 5 or 7 or 9 or whatever you think is fair), have each manager pick two guys each round. It will double the speed of the draft. I don't see any reason why we can't have multiple drafts going at the same time. I don't think we need to start a draft 5+ weeks before the regular season starts. Who cares if it takes the first couple of weeks of the season before we finish our draft. No team will have more than 10% of their games down by that point.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sorry for the delay, out of town for work. I'll have to really plan ahead and make some lists for multiple drafts at once!

I am ready to roll for the next one!

Dobber Sports Icon

I am ready to roll for the next one!
    What do you mean "the next one"? I thought this was a one year league and we just finished the draft, what else is there to do?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    What do you mean "the next one"? I thought this was a one year league and we just finished the draft, what else is there to do?!!!!!
    Haha... I think someone calculated we are like .05% done drafting... get your Swiss league lists ready!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Excited for the next draft to start. and really excited for the World Cup draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is there a thread created yet for Swiss draft? Or do we just continue on KHL thread?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I saw that Rundblad went back to the Swiss league a few days ago. Hoping the pick pans out - he was amazing in his short stint there. This league is really tough to find info on. Going to be a lot of darts thrown.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yeah I saw that Rundblad went back to the Swiss league a few days ago. Hoping the pick pans out - he was amazing in his short stint there. This league is really tough to find info on. Going to be a lot of darts thrown.
    Yeah, I initially had Rundblad back over in North America. I am glad that you figured it out and made him your pick rather than have guys maybe pass on him on my info! I just went through every team's rosters so I think I have a good handle on this now.

This one is going to be all over the place I think. Tons of wildcards everywhere if you ask me!