Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Pretty pumped that the NHL draft has started!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Where's Bubba with the #2 overall pick!? I sent him another email a short while ago. I hope he is able to pick soon...meanwhile it's 5 minutes to the next pick!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wanted Everberg and my last pick was between Lundqvist and Little. I'm going to setup a hidden camera and make sure you're not peering over my shoulder at my draft list Comish!

I love that chuck made his pick early! I hope everyone does that as I have commitment tomorrow night!

if not is there someone that will take a list for my Saturday night picks?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Icon

I am a daytime computer user so I am not normally around during the evenings. Hopefully it works out that I can make my picks during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am a daytime computer user so I am not normally around during the evenings. Hopefully it works out that I can make my picks during the day.
    I am the same! In evenings I am parenting. so hopefully I can always make a pick on my phone when its my time. I would love to get ahead by a lot of picks so that I can always make my picks during the day,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Exactly the same for me. Evenings are really tough with kids, sports etc.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Exactly the same for me. Evenings are really tough with kids, sports etc.
    That's almost half of us... too bad we were not at the same end of the draft order...

We could get through two rounds each day....

Chuck, Doulos, Penguin making their two picks around the turn during the day... the others make their picks around the other turn during the evening.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I wanted Everberg and my last pick was between Lundqvist and Little. I'm going to setup a hidden camera and make sure you're not peering over my shoulder at my draft list Comish!
    lol, I was hoping Andre Benoit would make it back to me, but capermac just took him. Nice with the games being played.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I love that chuck made his pick early! I hope everyone does that as I have commitment tomorrow night!

if not is there someone that will take a list for my Saturday night picks?
    I have no life, so I'm around every night for the next while if anyone wants to leave me a short list or instructions. I'm here to help.

Hey... I remember discussing this for the KHL re-draft but was not sure if it is the plan for all the drafts.... instead of doing it snake we discussed doing it 8-1, 8-1 for the KHL draft.

Well I do not think this is as fair for the 5 round re-draft for the NHL draft (unless I am in last place at that time :P)

I was wondering if something more along the lines of 8-1, 8-1, 1-8, 8-1, 1-8... So you are giving last place an advantage of picking first in the first two rounds then snaking it.

Then it would be consistent with the KHL draft. but since we are only doing two rounds, we do not get to the third round snake part of it in the drafts with only 2 rounds.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hadn't given this much thought - too many things going on! I like your suggestion of 8-1, 8-1, 1-8, 8-1, 1-8. This is consistent with what we've decided for the two round drafts. I'll send something out later today. Thanks for bringing this up PH.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I hadn't given this much thought - too many things going on! I like your suggestion of 8-1, 8-1, 1-8, 8-1, 1-8. This is consistent with what we've decided for the two round drafts. I'll send something out later today. Thanks for bringing this up PH.
    No problem!! Just was thinking that if we went 8-1 for all 5 rounds that there is a real advantage to finishing last.

Lovin the NHL draft and loving my team after 10 rounds!

Tavares
    Tarasenko
    Kucherov
    Kessel
    Johansen
    D. Sedin
    Galchenyuk

Klingberg
    Barrie
    Yandle

Can we stop now? cause now is where the strategies become important!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Lovin the NHL draft and loving my team after 10 rounds!

Tavares
    Tarasenko
    Kucherov
    Kessel
    Johansen
    D. Sedin
    Galchenyuk

Klingberg
    Barrie
    Yandle

Can we stop now? cause now is where the strategies become important!
    Umm, no. That is a fine looking team though! You are right though, it's about to get interesting!

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you haven't already, you should be prepping your draft lists for the junior (games are already being played) and NCAA (starts 1 Oct I think) drafts with the AHL (starts 12 Oct) not far behind. The junior leagues started 21 Sep, so they are 9 days in.

Do we need a schedule for the next few drafts? Maybe something where everyone has to make 2 x picks per day per draft? 10 rounds x 2 picks per team/day = 5 days.

Thoughts?